DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

WWE still wants to bring back fans to buildings, but that may not happen until Nov or even next year. We will have to see.

Vince uses lot of carny deflection to not really answer questions the way people want them to be answered. He is most likely fine with Raw viewers leaving because Raw is still number 1 on USA or so he says. 

Vince said Heyman was creative, so it seems more like either Heyman wanted to leave his position or Vince felt that's enough. Triple H is helping out on all 3 shows.

The new plan is to make even more compelling characters and storylines and do more stuff outside of the ring,  personalities and content etc. And make WWE more youthful.

18 minutes ago, D.Z said:

WWE still wants to bring back fans to buildings, but that may not happen until Nov or even next year. We will have to see.

Vince uses lot of carny deflection to not really answer questions the way people want them to be answered. He is most likely fine with Raw viewers leaving because Raw is still number 1 on USA or so he says. 

Vince said Heyman was creative, so it seems more like either Heyman wanted to leave his position or Vince felt that's enough. Triple H is helping out on all 3 shows.

The new plan is to make even more compelling characters and storylines and do more stuff outside of the ring,  personalities and content etc. And make WWE more youthful.

The USA claim is easy enough to check out if you do a Google search, and yes he is telling the truth about that. The ratings suck, but it’s still the highest rated program on USA by a large margin (mostly because USA doesn’t have anything else of any value). 

The November thing definitely won’t happen unless some state decides to be totally stupid, and risk the health of its citizens (thus eliminating the entire Northeast as none of their governors are willing to allow that).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Time to strap the rockets to that hot young up and comer Randy Orton. 

That recent program with Big Show was a fantastic example of two rookies showing everyone what they can do on a big stage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

"The new plan is to make even more compelling characters and storylines" is a hilarious line. So, the old plan was to create fewer compelling characters and storylines? No wonder that wasn't working! Even putting that aside, it reminds me of cross country parents who would just yell "Go faster!" the whole time, as if simply being better was a choice you could make in the moment, and performance wasn't a result of multiple inputs over weeks, months, years. Which is to say, they aren't going to create more compelling characters and storylines unless they change one (or several) of the inputs that lead to the current product. 

Edited by Beech27
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Heyman "creative" so he got the boot. Shocking. 

Anywho, what was the match where Vader ended up covered in blood on that issue of Raw Magazine? Didn't Kane hit him in the face with a wrench or something? Was it even a match?

The Final Four match between Bret Hart, The Undertaker, Steve Austin and Vader at In Your House 13: Final Four, February 1997.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Okay, I'm dead-ass serious.  If we can find where to send it to and all that I'll buy the damn fruit basket myself.  And maybe somebody can type up something nice since I'm not the best with words.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

WWE hired 2-3 new writers for the NXT brand.

I don't think there's anything wrong with NXT per say that it needs new writers. I just think the PC is a black hole that sucks the essence of NXT out of it.

• Like 1

I am amused that there was so much groundswell support and calls for AEW to sign Eddie Kingston that it was trending.  Yet he was in Impact as recently as late 2018, and still nobody really bothered to watch.