DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

31 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Well, he got suspended/banned by Twitch today, so he may want to Terry Funk that retirement. 

He got hit with the week off because Lana showed up on stream in a bikini and because Rusev isn't a Top 100 Livestreamer thot, that's a no-no.  Now if he had a Sub-only chat full of little shits dropping toxic x-phobic/-ist chats all day, well that's ok...

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I thought that skit was in poor taste. It was a bad decision for it to make the air. Was it a Russo idea? Or has it been told anywhere that the skit came from the DX members themselves?

Excalibur is a co-founder/co-owner of PWG.

40 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Well, he got suspended/banned by Twitch today, so he may want to Terry Funk that retirement. 

It's a 1-day ban normal for first strike from what I've been hearing.

Edited by alstein

So when you tweet about Wrestling, sometimes you get random Wrestlers who start following you (hoping you'll follow back and start putting them over when the tweet cool stuff, obviously). So that happened yesterday, when Nadia Sapphire started following me. I go on her account and she's saying she's sore and tired because she wrestled six matches yesterday, and I'm thinking how? She's in Wales, UK is still in partial lockdown and no promotions are running, how is a UK wrestler having matches?

Turns out they're intergender customs for her Onlyfans account. So that's something. You could probably sub to that and learn more about How to Wrestle than you could from bloody Enzo's account, anyway.

16 minutes ago, AxB said:

So when you tweet about Wrestling, sometimes you get random Wrestlers who start following you (hoping you'll follow back and start putting them over when the tweet cool stuff, obviously). So that happened yesterday, when Nadia Sapphire started following me. I go on her account and she's saying she's sore and tired because she wrestled six matches yesterday, and I'm thinking how? She's in Wales, UK is still in partial lockdown and no promotions are running, how is a UK wrestler having matches?

Turns out they're intergender customs for her Onlyfans account. So that's something. You could probably sub to that and learn more about How to Wrestle than you could from bloody Enzo's account, anyway.

the 21st century equivalent of Apartment wrestling 

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I was not, in any way, calling Mahal's run good. Just, you know, better than Seth's.

I didn’t say you said it was good, I was pointing out how you’d seemingly rather watch Jinder Mahal matches and listen to him cut xenophobic promos on Shinsuke Nakamara. I get that you, and others, have a raging hate boner for Rollins, but that’s just flat out ridiculous. But, different strokes and all I suppose.

• Like 2

We really need a video of that time Tyler Black leapt off the top of a backboard at an IWA-MS show onto a table for no real reason and a mild reaction while in his super tiny tights phase.

4 hours ago, Octopus said:

I was at work so I pretended to “do receiving” while I had this on and it was excellent. I’m going to re watch the others and see where I’m at with the order. This might be hyperbole on my part, but I wonder if there’s a parallel between which Sano vs Liger match and which Hart vs Austin match is preferred. One has die hard supporters for its competitive wrestling aspects. The other is championed by many for its picture pleasing ending and blood. Am I overreaching? Maybe.

As for Top Five, I’ll wait to give a full answer. Your write up inspired me to have Liger be one of my August projects. I’m not as familiar with his NOAH work, so I’m probably most excited for those. 

I’m going to cheat and say Vs Sano as one match. I’ll go through them and tag you when I pick a favorite out of them.

When I got home from work I did some digging and saw he had a match with Negro Casas. Just finished that and I’m still pumped up from that. So for sheer excitement reasons I’ll include that for now.

The Great Sasuke 94 match I watched late last year and it held up for me. I remember liking the Otani 97 match quite a bit. I’ll also round it out with the 16 Kushida match being exciting to watch him still go. 

The only one I can find is the Highspots 8-disc. IVP has a few, but I’ve never purchased anything from them before.

(Is Will Goodhelmet?) 

Yes.

I believe the owner of IVP used to post around here. I've purchased from him a few times and he's always good.

Need to see that Casas  match. The great thing is, it could be '92 or  2012 and it would still be incredible.

Sasuke '94 ranks highly for sure. I too remember a great Otani match in '97. And I think a Kanemoto one as well. 

Only thing I remember from that match is "Move!" and Shawn Michaels winning by pinfall when the match was restarted as Vader won by countout and DQ. Michaels' was so unprofessional.

Edited by The Natural

Random wrestling thoughts I’ve gathered over the week catching up on the last months goings on;

I wish EC3 was as good as he thinks he is. 

FTR need to talk less. 

The Good Brothers look out of place in anywhere but Japan. 

Cody, The Bucks, Hangman and Kenny are all booked a little too well. 

MJFs promo from Wednesday gets cheered in front of any live crowd. 

For some reason I think Mox gets a smattering of “boos“ in front of any live crowd. 

Orton is the most interesting part of RAW 

Orton has adjusted very well to the lack of crowds, hasn't he? You'd think the wrestlers with experience of tiny indies where the wrestlers outnumber the crowd would be the only ones to thrive, but once the Mania trudge was out of the way he suddenly stepped his game up. Possibly he's always been a 'Greatest Hits' wrestler, so he never changed his shit up because he was always working for the live audience (who wanted to see him doing what he always does on TV, but live and in person). Possibly he's an anti-social misanthrope who is energised by not being surrounded by people shouting and trying to touch him any more.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

My guess would be they’ve lined up a Saudi live show.

If its a Saudi show then Vince lied to the investors... again.... as just yesterday he said on the call that there wouldn't be a Saudi show the rest of this year because it would be too difficult to do

51 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

My guess would be they’ve lined up a Saudi live show.

There was a rumor about two weeks ago that the Sunday after Summerslam was going to be Evolution 2. 

So based on that I’d say that’s what the PPV will be.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If its a Saudi show then Vince lied to the investors... again.... as just yesterday he said on the call that there wouldn't be a Saudi show the rest of this year because it would be too difficult to do

That’s what I get for reading a report of the report than looking at the actual call. 

4 minutes ago, WholeFnMachine said:

OK, I totally missed something, what did Excalibur do? 

Something that's already being discussed in three other threads?

• Like 1