DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

17 hours ago, D.Z said:

Dave Meltzer reported that Aleister Black is being written out of storylines. Vince isn't high on Aleister.

Maybe they will send him back to NXT.

Not that I don’t doubt this, but I feel like a lot of times whenever something like this is reported, the person shows back up and gets a push. Most recently was the “Shayna’s been shelved, Vince doesn’t get her.” and then she shows back up on Raw.

• Like 1

Considering Vince is an "I'll show you!" type of overreactor, I (AxB) can see dirtsheets gaming Vince into pushing a wrestler such as Shayna Baszler, just by reporting that Vince dislikes them.

No pronouns.

13 minutes ago, AxB said:

Considering Vince is an "I'll show you!" type of overreactor, I (AxB) can see dirtsheets gaming Vince into pushing a wrestler such as Shayna Baszler, just by reporting that Vince dislikes them.

No pronouns.

I agree in principle, though I would say it is more like someone using Meltzer (or whoever) for that purpose.

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

No pronouns.

I’m not convinced this is the way. Isn’t the best path to get someone pushed to insist they’re a failed Vince project who’s getting X-Pac heat? 

I call this the Corbin Principle. 

• Haha 2

On 7/25/2020 at 9:39 PM, D.Z said:

Dave Meltzer reported that Aleister Black is being written out of storylines. Vince isn't high on Aleister.

Maybe they will send him back to NXT.

I actually found him interesting so this sounds about right. Being a lapsed WWE fan is getting pretty lame. They debut a dude and months later he's a JTTS or off tv completely. I gave up after Ricochet became just some guy and just remembered that they both debuted as a random tag team. I just can't understand the misuse of talent.

3 hours ago, StevieNippz said:

I actually found him interesting so this sounds about right. Being a lapsed WWE fan is getting pretty lame. They debut a dude and months later he's a JTTS or off tv completely. I gave up after Ricochet became just some guy and just remembered that they both debuted as a random tag team. I just can't understand the misuse of talent.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

"(The WWF) are the sort of people who would take the best Electrician in the world and make him into a Plumber" - Chris Candido, 1996

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Somewhere out there is an alternate universe where TL Hopper has been renowned for over two decades as the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, and Rocky Maivia was that one guy who came out to the ring with a plunger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Robert s said:

I agree in principle, though I would say it is more like someone using Meltzer (or whoever) for that purpose.

Which crossed my mind. But yes Vince tends to use( not push) guys after Dave reports a story, cus Vince reads it, and he reacts.

On 7/24/2020 at 2:53 PM, Casey said:

Unfortunately he chose to live in Nashville, so he’s winning a little less every day.

From everything I've heard, Nashville is pretty sweet. 10 to 12 of us were supposed to rent a house down there for the weekend in November to go out, eat, party, etc., but I don't think that's happening now ? 6 of us turn 40 this year in the months of October and November, hence why so many of us were going down there.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

WWE is considering doing SummerSlam outdoors. Either on a beach or a boat.

Those GCW shows (where the backdrop to the fans facing hard cam was the Atlantic Ocean) did look good. 

• Like 1