DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Per Dave Meltzer:

“Edge on Raw and Daniel Bryan on SmackDown both have significant creative influence. The term I was given is they were part of the writing teams of the respective shows right now.”

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Unfortunately he chose to live in Nashville, so he’s winning a little less every day.

Maybe he just fucking loves bachelorette parties.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

So on the GCW Atlantic City show tonight, Joey Janela is wrestling Yoshihiko. Yoshihiko is the current DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion. If Joey wins the title, do you see him bringing it to Dynamite for a bit, or no?

4 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Dave Meltzer reported that Aleister Black is being written out of storylines. Vince isn't high on Aleister.

Maybe they will send him back to NXT.

Another example of the pitfalls of having a company running on the whims and fancies of an out of touch senior citizen. 

• Like 7

116253020_10158467936064111_523704726960

My own: 

Spoiler

1. Eddie Kingston
2. Meiko Satomura
3. Genichiro Tenryu
4. Holy Demon Army
5. Four Horsemen
6. Watching WWF as a kid
7. WAR
8. Bobby Heenan
9. Lance Russell and Dave Brown
10. Vader
11. Hansen/Andre
12. New Japan
13. Mankind
14. Rick Rude
15. Bret Hart
16. Terry Funk
17. Power Bomb
18. Curt Hennig
19. Austin/Pillman
20. Sharpshooter
21. Okada
22. Negro Casas
23. Steamboat/Flair
24. Johnny Valentine/Toshiaki Kawada
25. Hijo del Vikingo
26. BattlARTS
27. Minoru Suzuki
28. Mick Foley
29. NWA World Title
30. Wrestling is fine. It'll survive, as long as we do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, D.Z said:

Dave Meltzer reported that Aleister Black is being written out of storylines. Vince isn't high on Aleister.

Not that I don’t doubt this, but I feel like a lot of times whenever something like this is reported, the person shows back up and gets a push. Most recently was the “Shayna’s been shelved, Vince doesn’t get her.” and then she shows back up on Raw.

• Like 1

Considering Vince is an "I'll show you!" type of overreactor, I (AxB) can see dirtsheets gaming Vince into pushing a wrestler such as Shayna Baszler, just by reporting that Vince dislikes them.

No pronouns.

13 minutes ago, AxB said:

Considering Vince is an "I'll show you!" type of overreactor, I (AxB) can see dirtsheets gaming Vince into pushing a wrestler such as Shayna Baszler, just by reporting that Vince dislikes them.

No pronouns.

I agree in principle, though I would say it is more like someone using Meltzer (or whoever) for that purpose.

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

No pronouns.

I’m not convinced this is the way. Isn’t the best path to get someone pushed to insist they’re a failed Vince project who’s getting X-Pac heat? 

I call this the Corbin Principle. 

• Haha 2

On 7/25/2020 at 9:39 PM, D.Z said:

I actually found him interesting so this sounds about right. Being a lapsed WWE fan is getting pretty lame. They debut a dude and months later he's a JTTS or off tv completely. I gave up after Ricochet became just some guy and just remembered that they both debuted as a random tag team. I just can't understand the misuse of talent.

3 hours ago, StevieNippz said:

I actually found him interesting so this sounds about right. Being a lapsed WWE fan is getting pretty lame. They debut a dude and months later he's a JTTS or off tv completely. I gave up after Ricochet became just some guy and just remembered that they both debuted as a random tag team. I just can't understand the misuse of talent.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9