DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I know JR was trying to bring in Dr Death Steve Williams to WWF in '95 to work against Diesel for the title. Do you think that program would've bombed even worse than his other programs and do you think Jean Pierre Lafite would have had the same intial push that he got because of their similar look.

17 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I know JR was trying to bring in Dr Death Steve Williams to WWF in '95 to work against Diesel for the title. Do you think that program would've bombed even worse than his other programs and do you think Jean Pierre Lafite would have had the same intial push that he got because of their similar look.

Wait, are you asking if a pirate Dr. Death would've bombed?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

5 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Wait, are you asking if a pirate Dr. Death would've bombed?

With JR as the Smee to his Captain Hook?

That'd have been tremendous.

• Haha 5

EC3's new graphic in Impact suggests that he's so happy to be out of WWE wellness, he snorts three lines of coke before every appearance.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Unlike Spivey and the next year with Gordy, you could actually still get good use out of Williams in 95. I mean I said not too long ago that Doc headlining one or two of those IYH/non major PPVs in the New Generation era would not be a bad idea. Is he gonna drag a great match out of Diesel? Probably not but I will settle for a good ole fashioned hoss battle.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

"So, someone close to me is a lifelong wrestling fan in prison. They only have access to over the air TV, so Smackdown is the only show that they can see. They quit watching a month ago. In prison.”

That's pretty telling. I spent about a year locked up and my dad sent me the Observer every week so I could keep up. I came out wanting to watch everything. (The last Observer I got before release was the one where Dave reviewed Omega/Okada at the Tokyo Dome so I spent a week thinking about watching it as soon as I got out.) I can imagine that the current product would just increase the terrible mood that place can put you in. 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 2:47 PM, Cobra Commander said:

still time to get an Ice T appearance in the WWE, it seems..

Ice T rapped Godfather and D'Lo to the ring at WM2000.

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

Yeah, but that was fucking terrible. He could get a better moment.

I'd like Body Count playing Kip Sabian to the ring since Sabian's theme is a knock off of "There Goes the Neighborhood".

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ace said:

Ice T rapped Godfather and D'Lo to the ring at WM2000.

I liked that song , that whole Album was dope, I thought it was the best CD WWF/E did especially being a huge rap fan. I think Godfather said T was a prick, although I though Godfather introduced him to Coco? I could be wrong. 

Godfather said he actually wanted bring in Xzibit since they were friends 

Booker T is embarrassing himself holding that company line.  Naomi has been underutilized for years.  She's gotten better and better in-ring and kids love her,  she has a great look and costumes and is very charismatic. She doesn't need to "slow down" for Lacey Evans either.  It's on Lacey to step her game up. 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Booker T is embarrassing himself holding that company line.  Naomi has been underutilized for years.  She's gotten better and better in-ring and kids love her,  she has a great look and costumes and is very charismatic. She doesn't need to "slow down" for Lacey Evans either.  It's on Lacey to step her game up. 

Especially when you have women pushed ahead of her that's very clumsy and unsafe out there. Her Royal Rumble entry got one of biggest reactions and it was trending afterwards on it's own. I know Keke Palmer isnt a big enough star on WWEs radar but even she joined in. She's kind of like Kofi was,  booked a certain way where people forget he can actually go in the ring. Or more like koko B Ware, super solid and athletic but always booked in that fun fan friendly mid card role where fans wasn't allowed to take him seriously. All the while in Memphis and MidSouth pre WWF he was one of the best in the world even apart of one of Cornettes favorite teams with Bobby Eaton but it isn't widely known.  Booker with his input is only garner more sympathy for her.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm with you and this is coming from someone who likes Booker T especially King Boookkkkahhhh!

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Just read his comments. I don't think he was towing the company line or was completely wrong in terms of his idea of a person earning it. The issue is Naomi has shown an ability to get over several times and put on good performances when given a shot. Basically what he claims she needs to do she already has, and it has not led to any sort sustained push for her. We are just at point in WWE where that isn't enough anymore due to the very little sticking in the head of the crazy old man running it. At this point everyone who isn't already in a top spot has a dice roll decide whether or not they succeed.

Edited by Eivion

47 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Just read his comments. I don't think he was towing the company line or was completely wrong in terms of his idea of a person earning it. The issue is Naomi has shown an ability to get over several times and put on good performances when given a shot. Basically what he claims she needs to do she already has, and it has not led to any sort sustained push for her. We are just at point in WWE where that isn't enough anymore due to the very little sticking in the head of the crazy old man running it. At this point everyone who isn't already in a top spot has a dice roll decide whether or not they succeed.

Right before the Pandemic, Noami was one of the only people you can point to that got really good reactions from the crowd. I like Bayley but it wasn't till after the Rumble they started teasing her vs Naomi at Mania it wasn't really till then Bayley started picking up steam at a heel champ. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets shoehorned into a feud with Bayley or Sasha soon, I just hope it makes sense. I'd even like her to mix it up with Asuka but knowing them they'll probably have Naomi take Kairi Sane's spot and team them which should be good.

Vince likes Lacey  and that character but I think he needs to cool her down right now. She's been put in a good position since she got to the main roster. Its not they like time right now for her to carry on that gimmick, especially if she wants to keep it up outside the ring. I'm all for the old school keeping kayfabe thing but with that gimmick right now its going to carry the wrong type of heat for her.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I'd even like her to mix it up with Asuka but knowing them they'll probably have Naomi take Kairi Sane's spot and team them which should be good.

Honestly, I was disappointed when they broke up Asuka & Naomi as a team so quickly. I thought they had decent potential. I wouldn't mind them trying it again.

• Like 1