DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Guest Edwin
15 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

Yeah like they could afford him. ? Plus I cant see him offering to job to the guy in that Gif like they’d want him to.

PUvXn6G.gif

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hopefully Cena does what Taker did and get outside bookings and have Vince freak out and give him like $5 million for a single match

Maybe we could get that double retirement match that's been bandied about. Although I agree that if the Firefly Funhouse is Cena's last match it's an incredible way to go out.

Stadium Stampede was not cinematic.  It was like a bunch of barely stitched together WWF Hardcore Title matches.

My cinematic sports entertainment power rankings:

1.  Scott Steiner/Josh Mathews vs. Joseph Park/Jeremy Borash

2.  The Sting/Cheatum trilogy

3.  The Final Deletion

The Hardy stuff only works with Jeff, the guy everyone knows is shoot crazy, playing the straight man during all the madness.  I haven't gotten around to WrestleMania or MITB.

I genuinely don't remember when I first joined but I know it was pre-current forum version, because I only joined twitter when the board was down for an extended period. That was 7 years ago.

I do remember that I started as a near-exclusive non-stick wrestling poster, yet somehow survived this to become the person you see before you today.

I joined cuz of the sleaze thread.

stayed cuz I recognized some people from other rasslin’ boards and because the discourse here was better than anywhere else that I’d been (mostly because not everyone is trying to get themselves over by being the most negative about everything)

It still is.

• Like 4

Sleaze thread also brought me here, though I was aware of the place for a while and came by when a thread or something got linked from elsewhere. Sometimes there are complaints about drama and unruliness on here, but as someone who has been posting on message boards since the 90s, this place is a paragon of civility and level headed discussion.

I've never been much of a fan of Cena as a wrestler, but with the hectic pace and lack of a personal life he's had over the past two decades, I hope he's able to slow down and do what he wants.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Yes. That was Mike Sweetser's brainchild. 

Sad to say that in my less mature high school days, I had an account just for trolling him. I don't remember what it was that set me off but I did not care for him. Luckily, I grew up (somewhat) and realized I was stupid. It's crazy how long I've hung around these boards.

45 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

I joined cuz of the sleaze thread.

stayed cuz I recognized some people from other rasslin’ boards and because the discourse here was better than anywhere else that I’d been (mostly because not everyone is trying to get themselves over by being the most negative about everything)

It still is.

Same. I mainly lurked until one of the reboots of the board.

My previous “home” was CZWfans, which I loved in its prime, I kind of left after it shut and never really returned to ZandigFans when that started up.

It’s a different vibe on here to any other place on the internet and I put that down to the great moderators.  BS is not tolerated, and “that’s a good thing” </DDP voice>

• Like 1