DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Jacey North posted very frequently in the old old versions of the board

Meanwhile somewhere @Marty Sugar sheds a tear

Oh no, I forgot about the Mad Dog!

OK, he and Tarek the Great can both go on the list.

18 minutes ago, Craig H said:

FSW had one of the most spectacular meltdowns I've seen in the soccer thread. I think that was the final straw for him. He just went totally in on Mark for whatever reason and it was confusing as hell to me. I couldn't tell if he was purposely trying to flame out or what.

I almost wish Gonzalez had as big of a flame out, but he was just an asshole to the very end.

Something pretty shitty about Hillsborough was said if I remember correctly and that set FSW off. I actually was kind of with him on that one.

• Like 2

Just to clear this up again

FSW was not banned for the content of his posts

He was banned for repeatedly ignoring the requests of an admin (specifically me)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Okay, the others I've known about all this time but this I may need an explanation on.

Every time the YouTube channel UpUpDownDown uploaded a video, it would almost immediately be posted on the board by KenyaBaxterXW (so I looked at the last two letters and decided it was obviously Xavier Woods). But that account would also spam the photo thread with lots and lots of Alexa Bliss butt photos, to the extent that by comparison, peak DZ would be considered ambivalent about Hana Kimura. So Phil banned that account. But now it's back and every month it tells us what the free games on PS+ are going to be, right after someone else has already posted them.

Some might not think so but most of the time I have a really long leash with people (some might say too long) and it doesn't exactly make me happy when I have to get rid of someone.

Like FSW... 99% of the time I could enjoy having a conversation with him. It was the 1% of the time when I didn't. 

Many folks have been banned from previous versions of the board are back posting now just fine. We all get older, wiser, more mature, etc..

Now that being said - the times I ban someone and I see them start posting on another message board where after a certain length of time (usually within two months) they get banned from that message board. Because then I am like "Okay - I am not crazy. They are an asshole" (Stro is the one name I can specifically remember)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

Every time the YouTube channel UpUpDownDown uploaded a video, it would almost immediately be posted on the board by KenyaBaxterXW (so I looked at the last two letters and decided it was obviously Xavier Woods). But that account would also spam the photo thread with lots and lots of Alexa Bliss butt photos, to the extent that by comparison, peak DZ would be considered ambivalent about Hana Kimura. So Phil banned that account. But now it's back and every month it tells us what the free games on PS+ are going to be, right after someone else has already posted them.

They also post links in the Asuka video game thread (Unless I have posted the link already). 

on the subject of bannings and such... One of my fav rpg boards has a sub forum where they post "infractions" so you can see what the last start for warnings, temp bans, and perma bans was.  I low key enjoy reading those.

That says something about me.

Also, Faye Jackson got the cosign from Xavier Woods on twitter today with some cool stuff... Ima go post the photo in the photo thread if it hasn't already been posted.

So is everyone blanking on the fact that Chris Hero used to post here using the board name "Chris Hero"? He was quoted in Bix's sig for like five years!

Didn't you end up banning that shady Jersey promoter Ricky O after he fucked over @Pete and @Rev Ray by setting up a bus trip and not delivering, you put a user title on him reflecting that he was a lying punk and he kept whinging about it untill he was Cashed?

Just now, OctopusCinema said:

Dad, tell me a story. What’s the legend behind March Madness and why they are no longer being done? Too much infighting? Too long? Murder?

I'm glad it's gone, goddamnit. I don't even watch WWE anymore and I'm still salty about that one year. It made me realize that some people that I vehemently disagree with are better served in the ignore pool than wasting time "debating" with.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The dude who attacked Dean's parenting must've been a pretty fun ban

Considering how many times we have had to ban him - no no its not

Southside Jim was the latest version

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AxB said:

Wait, the poster that puts up the UFC Embedded eps if The Natural does not beat him/her to it? 

Why do I not know these things? I should go to sub forums on here outside this one, the sports one, and the MMA one obviously.

To ruin them of course.

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm glad it's gone, goddamnit. I don't even watch WWE anymore and I'm still salty about that one year. It made me realize that some people that I vehemently disagree with are better served in the ignore pool than wasting time "debating" with.

If still raw (is war lol), you don’t have to explain. Was it mainly down-talking and spazzing? 

I used to post on other forums as Sledge. With the period, nbd. I had an account in one of the old versions of this but never posted. Mainly posted on WrestlingForum and a few other smaller ones with internet friends. An ROH one and Chilarafans off and on but not too actively. This is a good site and I find things like forum history fun. 

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

EKKO33S.jpg

So is South African wrestling as good as it looks on the web?

"Flair: What happened to him??" still applies 17 years later regardless of what the content of the thread was back then.

Edit: oof someone's username was "Eugene's special brother."

Edited by Edwin

2 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

If still raw (is war lol), you don’t have to explain. Was it mainly down-talking and spazzing? 

I used to post on other forums as Sledge. With the period, nbd. I had an account in one of the old versions of this but never posted. Mainly posted on WrestlingForum and a few other smaller ones with internet friends. An ROH one and Chilarafans off and on but not too actively. This is a good site and I find things like forum history fun. 

Just go look at the Seth Rollins vs Emma thread from March Madness 2016. It's basically "If you hate Seth Rollins, vote for Emma". She barely had any TV matches in 2015, and when she did, she was a jobber for the people that would eventually become mainstays on RAW and Smackdown in the next few years. So your viewing material was limited to, say, a 4 minute squash by Asuka or someone against Emma, or Rollins/Cena/Lesnar.

Rollins hate was ridiculous at the time, and it still is to a degree, but I don't care about the current Rollins hate in 2020 because I have AEW.