DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

40 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

So, I was partially right about it being implant related. 

Seems like this might be the third or fourth wwe/wwf performer to have issues with their implants needing to be fixed (and not just enlarged). 

3 or 4 might be way too conservative.

Anyway, the moral of the story is the more things change, the more they stay the same.

19 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Since we are more than halfway through the year, what are on people's shortlist for best matches this year? Props to @The Naturalfor his WWE match of the year list, used it to catch up on the year on their side of things. 

Thank you, @Six String Orchestra. Glad it was helpful to you. Cheers!

19 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Since we are more than halfway through the year, what are on people's shortlist for best matches this year? Props to @The Naturalfor his WWE match of the year list, used it to catch up on the year on their side of things. 

WWE:

AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan on Smackdown Live, 6th June by far. I'd also recommend Thatcher/Riddle's Fight Pit on NXT TV (27th May), Imperium and Undisputed Era going at it on World's Collide and The Undertaker's Boneyard match vs. AJ Styles at WrestleMania XXXVI.

NJPW:

Kazuchika Okada vs. Kota Ibushi and Tetsuya Naito on Wrestle Kingdom 14. Gave the full ***** to both.

AEW:

Kenny Omega/Adam Page vs. The Young Bucks from AEW Revolution (*****), Omega vs. PAC's 30 Minute Iron Man match three days earlier on Dynamite and The Elite vs. Inner Circle's Stadium Stampede at AEW Double or Nothing II.

Overall?

It's between Okada/Ibushi from NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 or Omega/Page vs. The Young Bucks on AEW Revolution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

So, I was partially right about it being implant related. 

Seems like this might be the third or fourth wwe/wwf performer to have issues with their implants needing to be fixed (and not just enlarged). 

Why weren’t you shamed for that? I said it was implant related the day it came out, and everyone told me I was body shaming her, or talking about a woman’s body at a time where it wasn’t acceptable. 

Anyways I hope Charlotte has a speedy recovery, and that the issue gets properly fixed this time for her long term health. 

50 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

Why weren’t you shamed for that? I said it was implant related the day it came out, and everyone told me I was body shaming her, or talking about a woman’s body at a time where it wasn’t acceptable. 

My friend, you really need to chill with your persecution complex. It's not a good look.

• Like 3

WrestleMania: Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin, WrestleMania 13.

SummerSlam: Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena, SummerSlam 2013.

Survivor Series: Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin, Survivor Series 1996.

Royal Rumble: 1992 Royal Rumble match.

• Like 1

Favourite Women's match of all-time? Bayley vs. Sasha Banks. NXT TakeOver: Respect 2005.

What is the most important Women's match of all-time? Sasha Banks vs. Bayley. NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 2005.

Alternatively...

Melina vs. Alicia Fox.

d3d9apg-376ee42f-68c6-4d03-a339-e9ef9fb9

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Not for nothing but “Implant Buster” is a great sounding finisher name..:

...and given this is Vince run WWE we’re talking about, I fully expect Charlotte to be debuting this move on her return.

The Implant DDT is right there.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Thanks to that blood freak thread, I went down a memory lane trip and began watching old Puerto Rican wrestling clips on YouTube.

Here's Carlos Colón and Savio Vega shooting on live TV about Carlitos getting suspended by WWE for failing a drug test.

Things get heated and Savio pops open a pill bottle and tosses them on Carlos and tells him "here, I brought you a gift so you can take it to Carly" and Carlos get worked up and walks off the set.

Edited by Edwin

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

My friend, you really need to chill with your persecution complex. It's not a good look.

How’s it a complex when it’s true with the example I gave. Just look up the post I referenced, and you’ll see negative replies to it. Nevermind the fact it was an accurate post, but hey every guy is clearly body shaming right? 

Hell the one troll that recently changed his username and liked your post called me out for it when I posted last month that it was breast related. But hey we all love @Jiji and his incredibly great insights right?

Edited by MavsFan77

1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Not for nothing but “Implant Buster” is a great sounding finisher name..:

...and given this is Vince run WWE we’re talking about, I fully expect Charlotte to be debuting this move on her return.

Wasn't that the name of Awesome Kong/Kharma's finisher?

• Like 2

I didn’t know that implant problems were still a thing. I remember when it happened to Chyna. I guess I’d just assumed there had been advancements since then, or at the very least the surgeons would recommend the kind that would be less of an issue when taking bumps. 

Edited by (BP)

Just now, (BP) said:

I didn’t know that implant problems were still a thing. I remember when it happened to Chyna. I guess I’d just assumed there had been advancements since then, or at the very least the surgeons would recommend the kind that would be less of an issue when taking bumps. 

Back when I was watching, it seemed like it was an every other month occurrence that someone was getting taken off the road. The big problem is that the style of pro wrestling hasn't become less physical, it's become way more physical to the point where putting something like that in your body is extremely dangerous even with modern advancements.

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Wasn't that the name of Awesome Kong/Kharma's finisher?

It was. Double Underhook Facebuster, only elevated like the FFF or Yamakawa's move, rather than straight down like a Pedigree.

Angelina Love's Big Boot finisher was called the Botox Injection, because Russo hates women.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

It was. Double Underhook Facebuster, only elevated like the FFF or Yamakawa's move, rather than straight down like a Pedigree.

Angelina Love's Big Boot finisher was called the Botox Injection, because Russo hates women.

I thought that was because TBP's whole gimmick was that everyone was ugly compared to them?

• Like 1

I thought according to that movie with Ross from friends about the actual guy who invented breast implants that they eventually switched from Silicon to Saline because of the dangers of the former. 

BTW for those who don't follow MMA or boxing, a few years ago, there was this whole thing with Pearl Gonzalez being pulled off a UFC card (and then subsequently allowed to fight) in Buffalo by the NYSAC after she declared on her pre-fight medical form that she had breast implants. They just had made rule that no one with breast implants would be allowed to fight in the state of New York. Four years prior to that, Louisiana declared a two or three month moratorium on allowing fighters with breast implants to fight after someone got their implant ruptured during a fight. 

It makes me wonder how the WWE could skirt these regulations. Even if the states don't sanction pro wrestling and look the other way, who's going to be on the hook for something happening to a performer? You would think the WWE would be a lot more proactive with this because visual aesthetics are much more important in this career endeavor and the reason why the performers are getting stuff like this done in the first place.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

My favourite women's match of all time is Aja Kong vs Akira Hokuto from like 1995 or something.

The most important Women's match of all time is the series of matches between The Crush Gals and Dump Matsumoto's army in the 80s. Inspired a generation of young girls to aspire to emulate them. AJW's dojo was so talent rich that future charismatic super workers like Megumi Kudo washed out as showing lesser potential. And the Chigusa fans that made it big set a standard for wrestling that few since can even dream of matching.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I thought that was because TBP's whole gimmick was that everyone was ugly compared to them?

Yes, and Russo gave them that gimmick because he hates women.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AxB said:

My favourite women's match of all time is Aja Kong vs Akira Hokuto from like 1995 or something.

The most important Women's match of all time is the series of matches between The Crush Gals and Dump Matsumoto's army in the 80s. Inspired a generation of young girls to aspire to emulate them. AJW's dojo was so talent rich that future charismatic super workers like Megumi Kudo washed out as showing lesser potential. And the Chigusa fans that made it big set a standard for wrestling that few since can even dream of matching.

You’re obviously making those matches up. Women’s wrestling did not exist before ~2015 when it was invented by Stephanie McMahon. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, AxB said:

KAORU was part of that 86 AJW class and she didn't really hit her stride until what? The late 90s at the earliest?  That would like a running back having his best year at age 36.