DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

But then Twitter goes and gives you this!

https://twitter.com/Banks1Bill/status/1281949941770760193

Bill Banks, of late-era WCW infamy, told the Mongo account that Banks and WCW wanted to bring back Mongo in 2000 and have him reveal that he was the one who ran over Steve Austin with his car as retaliation for him stealing away Debra.  In essence, they were going to hijack WWE's storyline and finish it off themselves.  But Mongo had no interest in coming back after Bischoff had been let go.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

So was Rikishi actually driving the car that put Macho Man's car off the road (or whatever mystery driver angle it was that WCW dropped like a stone)?

31 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I always liked Magnum because no one can find the entrance and I can ride it five times in 15 minutes. 

You're not wrong. I haven't been there in forever, but when I used to go, I remember my group trying to figure out where Magnum was by sight and we'd just wind up in a dead end.

I need to get back there to try whatever replaced the shitty Mean Streak.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

You're not wrong. I haven't been there in forever, but when I used to go, I remember my group trying to figure out where Magnum was by sight and we'd just wind up in a dead end.

I need to get back there to try whatever replaced the shitty Mean Streak.

Steel Vengeance. It’s pretty solid. Would probably be in my Top-3 there with Millennium and Maverick(Gatekeeper may sneak in too)

Wrestling-related, Steel Vengeance sounds like the name of some shitty Supershow the AWA would put out in 1989.

• Like 1

Speaking of Terry Funk and Twitter, has anyone started a "Terry Funk Sells Things Hilariously" Twitter account yet? If someone hasn't already, someone needs to. They can start with a GIF of him selling a cowboy boot shot from Dustin Rhodes IIRC in the 1994 WarGames match where he falls down in the most rigid, slow motion fall manner possible. Someone needs to do this thing and THEN show it to Terry to get his reaction to his own selling.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Speaking of Terry Funk and Twitter, has anyone started a "Terry Funk Sells Things Hilariously" Twitter account yet? If someone hasn't already, someone needs to. They can start with a GIF of him selling a cowboy boot shot from Dustin Rhodes IIRC in the 1994 WarGames match where he falls down in the most rigid, slow motion fall manner possible. Someone needs to do this thing and THEN show it to Terry to get his reaction to his own selling.

Every tweet needs to be the clip of him yelling "MY EYE!"

• Like 3