DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Guest Edwin
17 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Yung Tenta talks to the CBC about moving from sumo to pro wrestling.

Tenta looks like Kevin Malone in that screenshot.

Meltzer says Vince is losing patience with the talent sitting out due to COVID concerns.  I'm surprised it took this long.  I doubt he'll do much about Roman except grumble privately, but Sami Zayn will probably need to stop checking his messages at some point,

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

He could have always used the Axe Bomber instead too... but then again, it sure wasn't no LARIAT Lariat, that's for sure

My favorite Hogan-in-Japan spot is him spinning out of a hammerlock into a single-leg trip. I don't know, if that spot has a name, but I usually associate it with Tiger Mask (Sayama), so Hogan doing that same spot is extra-funny.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Enzo Amore is offering Wrestling lessons on OnlyFans. I'm sure the "How to get thrown over the top rope" section will be a real highlight.

Um.... okay, I'll admit ignorance... is OnlyFans something different for you straights?  

Because on my side of the aisle... 

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Um.... okay, I'll admit ignorance... is OnlyFans something different for you straights?  

I was trying to think why of all sites Enzo would choose this one and I just couldn't bear to risk justifying it.  I can only assume he likes the idea of subscribing monthly for something.  But the more I think about it the more absurd it all is.  And for that I just can't help but laugh and shake my head.  Stupid Enzo...

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Tenta looks like Kevin Malone in that screenshot.

What's crazy is that he's 23-24 there and looks like he could easily be 10 years older.

People were so much older in the past.

1 hour ago, Doc Townsend said:

Meltzer says Vince is losing patience with the talent sitting out due to COVID concerns.  I'm surprised it took this long.  I doubt he'll do much about Roman except grumble privately, but Sami Zayn will probably need to stop checking his messages at some point,

Realistically, what can Vince do? He’s already sitting at home. He’s not going to fire him so he can eventually go to AEW.  He can try to tack on contract time, but if anyone on their roster may sue over their contract status, it’s probably Sami.  He’s already had shitty feuds with Lashley and Braun, so they can only bury him so much once he comes back, and Sami’s a guy who can make shitty booking work for him.

You would think that Enzo would get an OnlyFans to show off his consensual peanuts, but instead he's doing How to be a Pro-Wrestler. Which is like Sabu doing promo class, or Bodybuilding with Adam Cole. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Enzo Amore is offering Wrestling lessons on OnlyFans. I'm sure the "How to get thrown over the top rope" section will be a real highlight.

Greater than, less than or equal to the "How NOT to get thrown under the bottom rope" lesson?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, AxB said:

You would think that Enzo would get an OnlyFans to show off his consensual peanuts, but instead he's doing How to be a Pro-Wrestler. Which is like Sabu doing promo class, or Bodybuilding with Adam Cole. 

Last night, it finally dawned on me that Cole resembles a stomach worm Stevie Richards as much as he does malnutrition Shawn Michaels. 

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Yung Tenta talks to the CBC about moving from sumo to pro wrestling.

No lie, I thought this was James Gandolfini's kid from the Deuce, but aged up for the Sopranos movie. Don't think I ever saw him without the beard. 

53 minutes ago, AxB said:

Well, in defense, The Great Khali was able to have a very successful wrestling school in India- if Khali can do it, Enzo can.

Still kind of useful- hopefully his courses tell people exactly which paperwork you have to fill out to get your G certification.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

No, it's pretty much the same, just with girls.

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

Well, in defense, The Great Khali was able to have a very successful wrestling school in India- if Khali can do it, Enzo can.

Still kind of useful- hopefully his courses tell people exactly which paperwork you have to fill out to get your G certification.

My understanding is that you cannot, in fact, teach that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

My understanding is that you cannot, in fact, teach that.

Exactly my point. If Enzo was a certified G, then there must be a certification in order to get properly classified as a G. If you cannot teach that, it stands to reason it's just some paperwork. Just go down to City Hall, fill out the G paperwork, and you too can be a certified G.

To be a bonafide stud...well, that's why Enzo's teaching lessons on OnlyFans, how you doin'?

Edited by SorceressKnight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The whole "Vince is losing patience with people sitting at home" sounds a little bit like bullshit to me. There's been a few people who have spoken about the positive reaction they received to wanting to go home or not travel to shows. Kevin Owens was one. Now, I think KO is probably on a different level when it comes to what he's allowed to do, but it just doesn't sound right.

Then again, this is Vince we're talking about so who knows.

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Dirtsheets are saying WWE will go back to doing normal shows this fall.

If they can find states willing to let them I’m sure they will. But good luck finding any state willing to let him have more than 25% of the seats sold (I know my state won’t as they’re not even letting the beloved Yankees have fans at their games).