DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

26 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I don't recall this at all. 

Oh okay, the story was that Jimmy Yang showed up at Backlash 2006 to hangout, then Vince McMahon asked where Yang had been, only to be reminded about the firing.

And shortly after that, Jimmy Yang was back in the WWE, where he lasted until 2010

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Ahem

She's publishing a cookbook.

I remember her talking about how she didn't like to cook when she did that podcast with her friend that's a comedian. Must have been a good deal.

18 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

I remember her talking about how she didn't like to cook when she did that podcast with her friend that's a comedian. Must have been a good deal.

What? She seems to really like cooking to me. She's done little cooking shows on YouTube, has talked about how she wanted a cooking show, and how she wanted to do a cookbook, not to mention wanting that Crock-Pot that's in the shape of a WWE championship.

Just now, Andy in Kansas said:

I know he's referencing the Bound For Glory match against Morrison. What's the other one?

Slammiversary 2018 vs Moose. Which is stupid as Moose ended up with a concussion, and the little prick still felt the need to show him up after winning (which with Morrison at least he’d lost, and they got rid of him afterwards).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So according to the Companies House website, David Starr left/ was removed from We the Independent on June 11th 2020. But the Speaking Out movement (where he was exposed as a rapist) didn't start until the 17th.... he must have known it was going to happen, right?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12040167/filing-history

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't know if she still does it but "Taste of Tenille" was a solid little cooking thing on YouTube. Emma's cooking.

Was it as good as Gene Snitsky's, though?!

5 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Knox County Board of Health passes face mask mandate 7-1.

The only vote against was cast by former masked wrestler Glenn Jacobs. 

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/2020/07/01/knox-county-board-health-passes-face-mask-mandate/5356697002/

Mayor Jacobs has his reasons for opposing masks in public.

Out of the big name independent wrestlers: Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, AJ Styles, CM Punk and Low Ki, I never got Low Ki where as all the others I did, especially Bryan Danielson. Said that long before Ki burning bridges and his stupid stance on coronavirus/masks. Fuck Low Ki and Austin Aries.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Be sure to tell Vince about it when he hears about K-Pop in 2031.  

Yes, he'll still be alive then. 

If Vince does nothing this year but poach any of the costume designers for Kpop boyband videos, 2020 will be redeemed for the whole world and wrestling will be saved.

• Like 1