DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

12 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

This post is essentially meaningless yelling into the void, but I don't have anyone else to share with how badly that Austin Aries tweet pisses me off. I mean, that's absolutely enraging. Wait til it touches YOUR family, motherfucker.

LOL.

You think he cares about his family.

EDIT: This is totally a dig at Aries and not anyone else.

Edited by Raziel
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

He can be very wrong and right in that the average western diet, mine included, is dog shit and needs to improve. But obese people don't spread obesity by breathing on you or inanimate objects in shared spaces. I'm lucky enough to live in a part of the world that has done remarkably well. Yes, there are risks, but we don't need to wear masks. While they are uncomfortable and make my glasses fog up, I would have no problem wearing one should things here worsen.

It is really based on this ego driven belief that the virus won't impact him because all he eats is broccoli and bananas and burgers that are made of plants.  While I would agree that it would help fight the virus, the idea that the virus is going to skip you is just arrogance

5 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Also, what's the general consensus on Akira Maeda? He's a guy that always came off as a big deal to me because of the storylines but I can't say I've seen much of his work. 

I'm leaving you something to watch in the Wrestling Machine thread

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Aries is challenging people to debate him on IG Live. Non-zero chance he jerks it to Ben Shapiro.

When it comes to facts or just not being an asshole, liks Shapiro, Aries always comes up short.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

Austin is really going to be upset if/when there’s a vaccine and the government makes it mandatory (or, at least, they should make it mandatory.  It will be a huge mistake to give Americans any say say in the matter).

It's the little things that really bother him, honestly.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Matt Cardona and Chelsea Green are still together, aren't they?

In terms of past WWE released talent, the list of people who retired immediately without trying indies or TNA/ ROH whatever is actually really short. But Paul Burchill is on it.

They were still together as of a month or so back.  Meltzer said that the WWE went through Green to try to get Cardona/Ryder to allow the company to shoot a skit at his pool.  

They ended up having to use someone else’s pool.

6 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

NPR show on right now about K-Pop fans and their involvement in American politics, and John Cena got a name drop as being a high profile fan. What a world.

unless i'm forgetting something obvious... you'd think a Korean wrestler would at least get some sort of niche audience. If you get 3 of them, you can rip off the 3 count gimmick and have them be a K-Pop trio.

edit: oh yeah, Jimmy Wang Yang

Edited by Cobra Commander

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

unless i'm forgetting something obvious... you'd think a Korean wrestler would at least get some sort of niche audience. If you get 3 of them, you can rip off the 3 count gimmick and have them be a K-Pop trio.

Be sure to tell Vince about it when he hears about K-Pop in 2031.  

Yes, he'll still be alive then. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

So Rikidozan, Pak Song, and Riki Choshu? ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Be sure to tell Vince about it when he hears about K-Pop in 2031.  

Yes, he'll still be alive then. 

This is going to turn into a Sumner/Shari Redstone thing where Vince gets so old he cannot run day-to-day operations but he's still sane enough to change his mind to undercut/oust his own daughter from future power.

I want to live long enough to see this.

• Like 2

Has CBR (Comic Book Resources) always covered wrestling?  They keep showing up in my Twitter feed and seem to be doing quite a few stories on the WWE.  Some are negative stories on WWE's dodgy business practices.  Others are stories on angles, or fantasy booking of angles.

Just curious if they normally give Vince this much coverage, or it's a Covid-19 "scrambling for content" thing.

8 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

Has CBR (Comic Book Resources) always covered wrestling?  They keep showing up in my Twitter feed and seem to be doing quite a few stories on the WWE.  Some are negative stories on WWE's dodgy business practices.  Others are stories on angles, or fantasy booking of angles.

Just curious if they normally give Vince this much coverage, or it's a Covid-19 "scrambling for content" thing.

It's been more and more. Bleedingcool too. I think the idea is to get just as much easy content as humanly possible to get as many clicks. These sites would put up anything they thought would possibly get clicks for.

36 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I forget if that whole "Vince loves Jimmy Yang" story was true or just something made up that we all thought sounded true.

I don't recall this at all. 

13 minutes ago, Matt D said:

It's been more and more. Bleedingcool too. I think the idea is to get just as much easy content as humanly possible to get as many clicks. These sites would put up anything they thought would possibly get clicks for.

With BC they have a tv section that covers various non-comic related stuff. Wrestling started getting coverage there specifically because of the writer Jude Terror joining a few years ago and seems to have some power in choosing his own articles.  He is a wrestling fan. At least one other new writer joined in the past year or so is also a wrestling fan so its covered a lot more often now.