DVDVR Message Board

Independent Wrestling.TV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like that there is a IWTV tag team tournament but man the rules that they decided for this is just strange.   I guess someone got really sick of watching AEW tag team matches and said we are going to be the complete opposite.   Tag ropes and tags that not only have to be hand to hand  but over the ring ropes.   It reminds of when Bill Watts created a bunch of rules in WCW because they wanted to be different but instead looked dumb.  Trying to be "old school" when they don't need to be.    And it feels like nobody told the wrestlers the rules because in the 2 matches I have seen nobody can figure them out.   Even Violence is Forever in their qualifying match thought it was kind of silly

• Like 1

I hadn't seen this as my father in law passed away over the weekend but, AIW has taken their content off of IWTV and are moving to Fite+.  They are adding their entire backlog slowly but surely. This Saturday's show will air on fite+ 

Yeah, people were saying that as soon as Circle6 went on IWTV, you could pretty much guarantee that AIW (and possibly BLP too) would be leaving.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 4:45 PM, matt925 said:

Beyond, prestige, and west coast pro all made “big announcements” that they are staying on iwtv. Looks like it was more an announcement for iwtv that not everyone is going to fite. 

One of the cornier things I've seen in a minute. That said, I'm 100% team IWTV so let's go

• 3 weeks later...

The Brogan Finlay vs Bobby Flaco match from Action Wrestling is fucking awesome.

EDIT:  Alex Kane vs Bryan Keith was good.  MLW should bring in Keith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Speedball Mike Bailey versus Bryan Keith from Freelance wrestling is a good wad of the Professional Wrestling.  IMPACT! should bring in Bryan Keith.  Actually, he should join the Blackpool Combat Club.  Or Shane Taylor Promotions in ROH.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Day one (of three) of the Wrestival down. The cage they used for the Wargames main of Wrestling open doubled as the Pit for ICW:NHB, and it's a miracle it stayed up for the whole night.

So Matt Tremont won the IWTV title last night in a gauntlet match beating Adam Priest at the end.   I haven't been paying attention in the last month but I though Krule was the champion and he wasn't even in the match.   Did he get injured or was it a casualty of the IWTV issues in the last 3 or 4 months

38 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So Matt Tremont won the IWTV title last night in a gauntlet match beating Adam Priest at the end.   I haven't been paying attention in the last month but I though Krule was the champion and he wasn't even in the match.   Did he get injured or was it a casualty of the IWTV issues in the last 3 or 4 months

Got hurt during his first defense against Tremont, separated shoulder I believe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, porksweats said:

Got hurt during his first defense against Tremont, separated shoulder I believe.

Was it confirmed that it was indeed the shoulder? I was worried that it was due to him getting his head split WIDE open from the unprotected chair shot the week after the Tremont defense when they ran the angle with Brandon Kirk. 

• Like 1

The Joey Janela/Rocket match from H2O Underrated 57 is really good. Janela keeps is on the mat while the plucky upstart flies all over the place attempting to pull the upset. 

I resubscribed to IWTV earlier this month and noticed so many promotions seem to have worked with the service for a handful of shows before leaving. Is IWTV hard to work with or not pay enough for these promotions to justify exposure to a larger audience?

On 1/2/2023 at 7:11 AM, Brisco said:

I resubscribed to IWTV earlier this month and noticed so many promotions seem to have worked with the service for a handful of shows before leaving. Is IWTV hard to work with or not pay enough for these promotions to justify exposure to a larger audience?

From one of the owners of a company that recently moved over to Fite, the payments for IWTV users viewing their content (I think it pays by hour viewed) are incredibly small. 

• Like 1

Catching up on the bits of Wrestival I missed, and the Prestige Wrestling show is pretty great top to bottom, but the Anthony Henry vs Robert Martyr match was unbelievable. 

• 3 weeks later...

That Miyu Yamashita vs ATHENA match is balls out, as one would expect.  ATHENA matching stiffness with Yamashita is pretty awesome.  I wonder if they are going to work to having Miyu challenge for the ROH title after ATHENA/Sakazaki?  I love that ATHENA is the conduit to getting Japanese wrestlers over.

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

That Miyu Yamashita vs ATHENA match is balls out, as one would expect.  ATHENA matching stiffness with Yamashita is pretty awesome.  I wonder if they are going to work to having Miyu challenge for the ROH title after ATHENA/Sakazaki?  I love that ATHENA is the conduit to getting Japanese wrestlers over.

How was Evil Uno vs Jacob Fatu?

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

How was Evil Uno vs Jacob Fatu?

I skipped right to the main and went to bed to fight off whatever it is I'm coming down with.  I'M A PHYSICAL WRECK!  I'll watch it tonight after my Cowboys destroy the forty-niners.