DVDVR Message Board

Independent Wrestling.TV

The first episode of Uncharted Territory season 4 was really good. Not sure exactly where they're going with this Northeast vs Southeast feud.

Frankly they should do an Uncharted Territory in different sections each year.  Especially since IWTV runs shows almost all over the US now.  Although given how incredibly annoying that Beyond Wrestling has been since they have been since started this North vs South idea I don't know I want this to extend to other regions

• Like 2

20 hours ago, hammerva said:

Frankly they should do an Uncharted Territory in different sections each year.  Especially since IWTV runs shows almost all over the US now.  Although given how incredibly annoying that Beyond Wrestling has been since they have been since started this North vs South idea I don't know I want this to extend to other regions

Beyond has alot of great talent but I refuse to watch because of Drew.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Wrestling Open last night. Halfway through the main event, and suddenly a bunch of the fans stop watching the match and start looking up at the roof. Then a bunch of them start leaving. And the wrestlers in the ring are trying to get them back into the match, but in the wide shots you can see this white fog gathering at the top of the screen. Then suddenly the bell rings without a finish, the commentator says "We've got to get out of here, see you next week" and the show goes off the air.

And, yeah:

• 2 weeks later...

They are streaming the Prestige card with Miyu YAmashita vs Masha Slamovich and Mia Yim vs Maki Ito.  Right now it's Jack Evans vs Rey Horus.

Miyu Yamashita is taller than Masha Slamovich.  WILD!   

EDIT:  That was good.  Miyu Yamashita is OVER in Portland.

Watching the Maki Ito/Mia Yim match now.  I see that Bret Hart of TJPW showed up.  Mia Yim is really good.  

EDIT:  Yeah, that match is good stuff.  I love that Yim made it a US style main event.

• Like 1

Finally getting around to the second night of the Prestige Wrestling weekend.  I hope Masha Slamovich and Taya Valkyrie take this feud over to IMPACT!  That match is fun.

On 2/16/2022 at 6:15 PM, killsteve said:

Kinda agree on the handshake, but we're used to that stuff these days for better or worse. I though the match itself ruled though. Disgustingly violent mauling from Slade, and what a bloodbath. Slade is a scary scary man, and he obviously cut something he shouldnt have on the blade job because he legit looked like he could have passed out from it. What an ass stomping.

The hip kids that go to wrestling these days have a different fantasy of "what the wrestling is". In the past, it may have been, say, that these guys in the match really hate each other (so-called marks). Later, it may have been ""they are all conniving carnys with backstage drama" (your alleged smart mark era). Now the "in the know" hardcore fans believe that there is a golden mutual admiration circle of warrior respect going on that they get to peek at via handshakes, hugs and social media. All are true in some respect, but all these are also projections of hero worship, idolic identification and the desire to belong to a group via secret knowledge. Whatever sells tickets, tune in a again in 10 years (or less). 

Not meant to be a cynical demoralizing blanket statement, just a "the more things change, the more they stay the same observation and/or opinion. 

Watching Speedball versus Konosuke Takeshita LIVE right now and assording to cagematch.net, this is THIRTIETH time they have been in the ring together.

If you want to see a brutal chaotic hardcore match then last night's AIW 3 way main event of Joshua Bishop vs Matthew Justice vs Joey Janella is definitely for you.  Just 3 guys just beating the hell out of each other with weapons with no care of their body.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

If you want to see a brutal chaotic hardcore match then last night's AIW 3 way main event of Joshua Bishop vs Matthew Justice vs Joey Janella is definitely for you.  Just 3 guys just beating the hell out of each other with weapons with no care of their body.

I was there live and in the front. While the entire show was great, there were points in this match where I and people around me were cringing. Don't need 10+ unprotected, stiff chair shots to the head, and 30+ really stiff chair shots throughout. Seemed like Janela came to work a normal No DQ match and Bishop and Justice just came to stiff each other to prove how big and bad they are.

Definitely check it out of you're in to stuff like that. Entire show was pretty good.

And I believe a shoot fan run-in.   That fan is a huge Faye Jackson fan and when Darius Pillmanized her with a chair he was fuming.   I will say that the finish is getting extremely tiring for me.  Seems like every face who loses one of these does the 45 minutes of getting killed and then easily quits to protected someone who almost seconds later gets hurt anyway.   There has to be an easier way to protect faces in I Quit than this

Going back to AIW show, I find it kind of ironic that the "Franchise" of the hardcore wrestling company ECW who never really did anything hardcore except maybe a Memphis like brawl once or twice is now basically stuck to doing death matches to keep wrestling.  He isn't awful but it is clear his mobility is next to nothing with age and injuries 

Edited by hammerva

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Going back to AIW show, I find it kind of ironic that the "Franchise" of the hardcore wrestling company ECW who never really did anything hardcore except maybe a Memphis like brawl once or twice is now basically stuck to doing death matches to keep wrestling.  He isn't awful but it is clear his mobility is next to nothing with age and injuries 

I wouldn't judge that based the AIW show—it was their yearly no rules/no DQ/anything goes event and he wasn't even originally booked, he was a last minute guest when Kevin Sullivan couldn't make it. 

But yeah, he's super limited. Saw him in a normal match in late 2019 and he was really limited then.

• Like 1

This week's Uncharted Territory is interesting mostly for how much the crowd despises Alec Price the current SUP Underground champion who the previous day or two just destroyed the belt and now uses the plates like a chain.   I have seen a ton of toilet paper throwing in indie wrestling but never during his entrance walking to the ring.  and these people were hitting him right in the face too.  Jimmy Rave wishes he got this much heat in Ring of Honor.   Then the extra touch of Price giving Papa Hales a forearm to the jaw which create a level of rage in Dylan Hales (doing commentary) that he basically begged his opponent to break his neck on spots.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...