DVDVR Message Board

Independent Wrestling.TV

23 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well tonight is Tremont vs Onita in an exploding barbed wire double hell deathmatch.  At the home of Trenton Thunder minor league team. 

That was pretty much everything we expected.  Onita took no punishment except 1 or 2 light tubes and Tremont almost set himself on fire 2 or 3 times.   Barbed wire was strung on ropes and not used.  Although I have never seen an exploding light tube bundle before and lost my shit 

I'm watching that right now.  The Masha Slamavich match would have been nine thousand times better if it was just Masha Slamavich versus Mickie Knuckles.

EDIT: The flaming light tubes spot is awesome.

Watch the New Texas Pro Hocus Pocus show.  Rok-C vs Raychell Rose was really good and Masha Slamavich vs Delilah Doom was great.  Rok-C is so intense now that she got the ROH belt. I await the Bryan Keith match while watching Max Heights/Cole Radrick Pure Rules match.

On 10/28/2021 at 1:50 PM, Matt D said:

@AxB

Suggest me one (1) Makowski match to watch. I've got limited time here but want to see what's up there.

I'm late, but v Adam Priest from HAVE FUN, BE SAD is an interesting match, Priest broke his arm and needed surgery.  I could never tell

Also Makowski v Kevin Ku

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh man, Masha Slamovich vs Davienne on the new Beyond Wrestling is fucking awesome.  Slamovich is currently the best woman wrestler in North America.

I was watching Uncharted Territory live, and the feed cut out in the main event. So Masha Slamovich vs Megan Bayne is going on YouTube tomorrow. Seemed like it was going to be good, by the opening moments.

Last night's Uncharted Territory had a great match for the PAWD World title between Trish Adora and Suge D, a stormer of a Masha Slamovich vs Charlie Evans match, and Slade vs Matt Makowski was great too.

But the tag team discovery gauntlet match was heartbreaking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Last night's Uncharted Territory had a great match for the PAWD World title between Trish Adora and Suge D, a stormer of a Masha Slamovich vs Charlie Evans match, and Slade vs Matt Makowski was great too.

But the tag team discovery gauntlet match was heartbreaking.

I await Jay Lethal coming in to put Alec Price over.

EDIT: 

Spoiler

Oh man, that finisher by Masha was a FINISHER.  That's a nasty piledriver.

Makowski/SLADE was fun.  Crushing chairs is a new trend I can get behind,

I've seen the last 3-4 Slamovich matches on Uncharted Territory and I think I'm done. Too maximalist for my tastes. Her matches tend to do not just 10 or 20% too much but more like 35%. Too many kick outs. Too many bombs. There are really enjoyable specific moments and a nice overall sense of struggle and fight, and I tend to like the opening bits with matwork and feeling out, but they almost always escalate too quickly and then have nowhere to really go so they just keep screaming at the top of their lungs. Not my thing.

Kevin Blackwood vs Jake Something on Limitless Prize Possession is a BANGER~! as the kids say.  IMPACT! should sign Blackwood.  And push Something to be their champion.

• Like 1

Trish Adora's opponent for tonight's UC fell through, so Beyond put a call out for anyone who wanted the match. Then announced A WRESTLING MACHINE had accepted it.

And THEN, they announced that Trish Adora would be facing

Spoiler

Shockwave the Robot

• Like 3

That Starkz vs Slamovich match was really good. The whole ETU show was going great, but then they went to intermission and stayed there for like 45 minutes, and Rampage was about to start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

That Starkz vs Slamovich match was really good. The whole ETU show was going great, but then they went to intermission and stayed there for like 45 minutes, and Rampage was about to start.

ACH does an EVEREST German on the collossal Jonah.  It is fucking choice.

I just watched Mark Sterling wrestle John Silver and Alex Reynolds.  He tagged with VSK and he looked good.  Strange.

EDIT:  OH MY GOD!  Masha Slamovich versus Kimber Lee from yesterday's Beyond Wrestling is maybe the best Slamovich match so far.  They REALLY need to do it again on IMPACT!

• Like 1

Just watched Masha and Megan Bayne kick the shit out of each other on some Beyond Wrestling replay on FITE.  Since when has Megan Bayne been decent?  She didn't show me much when she worked AEW Dark as a jobber, or maybe she wasn't allowed to?

On 12/6/2021 at 5:30 PM, DEAN said:

I just watched Mark Sterling wrestle John Silver and Alex Reynolds.  He tagged with VSK and he looked good.  Strange.

Not terribly strange.  VSK looked pretty good when he was working CWFH back when they actually had a studio audience.  He had good matches against Ray Rosas, Andy Brown, and even showed his comedic side while jobbing to Gentleman Jervis.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tonight at the SoutheastFirst show basically where ACTION runs, AC Mack won the IWTV title over Alex Shelley in a great match with an electric almost rabid crowd for AC.  

After the match AC who is easily one of the best talkers in the indies proclaimed that if you want a title shot you have to come to the South now unlike in the past

Also, AC Mack is now the first openly LGBTQ male Wrestler to win a recognised World Title.

(The IWTV Belt is recognised as a World title by Pro Wrestling Illustrated)

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 11:09 PM, hammerva said:

Tonight at the SoutheastFirst show basically where ACTION runs, AC Mack won the IWTV title over Alex Shelley in a great match with an electric almost rabid crowd for AC.  

After the match AC who is easily one of the best talkers in the indies proclaimed that if you want a title shot you have to come to the South now unlike in the past

I rewatched last night.  The crowd reactions came off great on IWTV, but were so much louder and vibrant live.  Shelley was a heel strictly because he was wrestling AC in AC's house.  The fans wouldve booed Santa Claus vs Mack that night

Thanks for checking out the show

• 3 weeks later...

I am surprised that I couldn't find any reviews of Biff Busick's return to Beyond Wrestling.

Everyone's disappointed about the handshake that followed the match, right?

I mean, I liked the action in the match. Busick looked better than ever (talkin' grandmasta-sexay), and I was really buying SLADE as a walking-snuff film: the announcer used the word "snuff film" like three times, which did make me uneasy (who needs a reminder that snuff films exist?), but SLADE outbled the great Oney Lorcan and really came off as a madafaka of sorts, so it was cool. 

Why accept a handshake, though? Where's the money in that? 

The match had so much story to tell, but the aftermath kind of made them look like actors. Almost anyways; I did enjoy Biff's speech, he looked great smeared in red. 

Edit - oh yeah, and welcome back to the real world, Mr. Busick. So glad to have you back. They were right, you never lost it.

Edited by Horatio
  • Thanks 1

Kinda agree on the handshake, but we're used to that stuff these days for better or worse. I though the match itself ruled though. Disgustingly violent mauling from Slade, and what a bloodbath. Slade is a scary scary man, and he obviously cut something he shouldnt have on the blade job because he legit looked like he could have passed out from it. What an ass stomping.