DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules XII: The Horror Show - 7/19/2020

Dolfan in NYC

This was okay, so many odd finishes.

Apollo didn't pass his "physicsl", okay WWE.

I'm gonna get that eye, Rey!

I did buy that Dolph would literally need all those stips to somewhat level things to where he could wrestle Drew 1 on 1, so props. 

Sasha and Asuka was the clear match of the night despite the weird booking.  Can't really think of another I'd place up there.  Sasha and Bayley both have been on a fucking tear these past few weeks.

I'm fine with Two Woman Power Trip.  They are the greatest. 

• Like 2

I'm of two minds on Sasha these days - I truly respect her dedication to the craft, but it felt like, in terms of being able to execute the spots in her match, she more-than-once wasn't quite where she needed to be.

(In this case, the series of flips and rollups towards the end of the match - far too often it was just looking like she and Asuka were tumbling for the fun of it. )

Edited by Iron Moose
  • Like 2

Honestly, RIP WWE. In the entire history of this company, which includes shit like HHH dressed as Kane fake fucking a corpse in a coffin and Vince McMahon dying, this was by far the dumbest shit I've ever seen. Even the good matches we had, and only the tag titles match and most of the two womens matches come to mind, just don't even matter when compared to the mountain of dumbfuckery that was Rey's eyeball poking out, multiple finishes, and whatever the fuck the final match was.

Yeah...I was morbidly curious to see what this show would be like, but honestly, when it comes to WWE, I'll just stick to NXT.

I didn't watch anything past Sasha vs Asuka, that was the best Womens Match on PPV this year so far despite the screwy finish. Atleast it plays along with what Bayley and Sasha been as heels. I hope we get a rematch and Boss n Hug vs Kabuki soon enough. Sasha works really good against the Joshi talent. I think Asuka is the best Womens wrestler on the Roster but Sasha really brings it when she's in there with someone who's work rate is at 100. I didn't she he matc with Io but I'll check it out soon.

Rey was really bringing it tonight too but no way of getting around that type of finish 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I didn't watch anything past Sasha vs Asuka, that was the best Womens Match on PPV this year so far despite the screwy finish.

Agreed.  Also, she didn't "screw up" a german suplex they were attempting the same spot they did on RAW where Sasha rolls over to turn it into a pin attempt.  Then she took 3-4 Germans where she made it look like Asuka killed her.  Best bumper in the women's division. 

• Like 2

I get where they were going with the finish of the Asuka/Sasha match.  They wanted to create "controversy" so that people will tune in to Raw for the rematch (especially since they're trying up Raw's ratings).    Like always, they over-complicate things that kind of cheat all the great work done leading up to the finish.

6 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I get where they were going with the finish of the Asuka/Sasha match.  They wanted to create "controversy" so that people will tune in to Raw for the rematch (especially since they're trying up Raw's ratings).    Like always, they over-complicate things that kind of cheat all the great work done leading up to the finish.

It might help the ratings from going any lower than last week. I don't know if there's anything they can do for it to go up, they are going to be in trouble once NBA NFL and Baseball is back. The atmosphere for those are going to suck just like wrestling has but atleast they've gone away long enough for fans to miss it. 

I dont think and talent deserves blame for ratings but nobody will help them. Maybe Roman Reigns 

It has felt like WWE is in a holding pattern since the pandemic shut everything down but this is also a slight reckoning for their booking style. They've had no competition and floundered. Slammiversary felt like a far bigger deal this weekend and Impact is a shadow of what it was. 

These finishes are so bad, especially back to back. 

• Like 3

Tag Titles match was good. 

Bayley/Nikki was good as well. Easily the best Nikki has looked on the main roster and probably her best singles match in WWE overall since the LWS match with Asuka.

Asuka/Sasha was gearing up to be the best women's match this year until that completely moronic finish. I can be ok with fuck finishes, but I'm not really why they thought that was a good idea.

I skipped Seth/Rey, Dolph/Drew, & Bray/Braun. The stip to Seth/Rey was just utterly moronic and encouraged me to not even bother with it. The fact that they did without even making it a cinematic match is just mind boggling. I'm sure Dolph/Drew was fine as a match, but I just have zero interest in Ziggler at this point. I ff through parts of the swamp match and it just looked terrible every time I stopped. They need to keep that shit down to simple brawls.

Cannot believe these twats would even attempt a MUST GOUGE OUT OPPONENT'S FRICKIN EYE MATCH without letting them blade. Now I can see them doing a First Blood match where they don't even use a capsule and just cut away, saying it's too much to even put in black and white. 

EDIT: You know what? Crap, IT'S ON PAY PER VIEW!!! They don't have to worry about a goddamn Snickers complaint! Just run it in B&W on TV! 

What watered-down pablum. 

Edited by Curt McGirt