DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules XII: The Horror Show - 7/19/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Make your own joke about what a Horror Show is during a pandemic where multiple employees are sick.  

THE CARD!  

STIPULATION TBA DQ RULE WAIVED MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Asuka (c) vs. Sasha Banks

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bayley (c) vs. Nikki Cross

WYATT SWAMP MATCH FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP (?) - Braun Strowman (c) vs. Bray Wyatt

FOR THE WWE US CHAMPIONSHIP - Apollo Crews (c) vs. MVP

EYE FOR AN EYE MATCH* - Seth Rollins vs. Rey Mysterio

TABLES MATCH FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The New Day (c) vs. Nakamura/Cesaro

Kevin Owens vs Murphy

---

* - Winner must pluck the eye out of his opponent's head. ?

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Extreme Rules XII: The Horror Show - 7/19/2020

EbujmtEX0AA6f81?format=jpg&name=smallAll about the WWE Women's Championship matches for me, especially Asuka vs. Sasha Banks. Wanted to see them get it on since the post 2018 Royal Rumble match on RAW. Still my favourite Asuka match on the main roster.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Definitely should be main evented by Asuka/Banks. I'm also intrigued by Bayley/Cross just because its a pairing that - as someone who doesn't watch the weekly shows - I"m not sure I've ever seen. 

McIntyre should really bury Ziggler here. Squash him in under 3 minutes the way Goldberg did. The way Lesnar would. One of my favorite mental games to play when I can't sleep is to shut my eyes and try to book Ziggler back into relevancy/credibility. As much as I respect his athleticism and even his charisma at times, it really is hard to envision any scenario where he could be a "top guy." Ziggler being able to have a competitive match with McIntyre would do more damage to Drew than it would help Ziggler. 

• Like 1

Excited for Sasha/Asuka. They had a match on Raw ages ago that featured a notorious dive/head kick spot but was otherwise fantastic. I think they had one other match on Raw and this is only their third singles match and their first on PPV. I agree that they should main event (but I am very curious what a Swamp Match is).

• Like 1

I hope the Swamp Match ends with Braun one-upping Randy committing arson by lifting the rebuilt Wyatt shanty and dumping the whole thing on Bray to kill Bray...until he shows back up on Friday.

20 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I am perplexed. McIntyre and Ziggler will have a solid match but there was nobody else to plug in as this month's challenger? 

Based on who's available on the Raw side, maybe not? He's already defended against Show, Rollins, and Lashley. They could have run Lashley back for a rematch based on the way their Backlash match ended, but whatever. After that, who's left? They're not going to take Bobby Roode seriously enough to give him that kind of shot. They seem to see Andrade as a fine TV opponent for Drew, but no more than that. I don't think they want to sacrifice Orton as a throw-away challenger on a minor show right now. They could have played with Jinder and Drew's history, but unfortunately he's injured. Unless they want to sick Aleister Black on him for a face vs face match, you're kind of out of options. Dolph's role as a guy who'll do in a pinch works well enough here with his and Drew's history.

With Edge's injury, I'm thinking Orton is Drew's SummerSlam challenger and things look a little more big league. Only other option would be moving someone serious over from SmackDown, which they had the chance to do with the AJ trade and for some reason didn't. That suggests to me they're comfortable with what they have on Raw or (and this is always a real possibility) they're not thinking this through. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas

Card looks solid so far for the women's matches.

Bayley/Nikki should be interesting as I think Nikki has looked better in general this year than she did last year, and Bayley seems to be reaching a high as a heel right now. Asuka/Sasha should be MOTN easily. Its nice to see it getting presented as a important this time around instead of the throw away match we got two years ago.

Drew/Ziggler is not even a Raw main event to me let alone as ppv worthy match. I'm sure it will be fine, but at some point someone in charge needs to realize the crowd is just not interested in Ziggler. 

Braun/Bray could be interesting I guess. To me its just there to continue to drag things out in hopes of getting Braun/Fiend in front of an audience.

9 hours ago, DMJ said:

I'm also intrigued by Bayley/Cross just because its a pairing that - as someone who doesn't watch the weekly shows - I"m not sure I've ever seen. 

Happened once or twice last year. It was adequate, but nothing stand out. Nikki hasn't really had a stand out singles aside from her LWS match with Asuka in NXT. Does feel like she is hitting her stride in the team with Alex right now so hopefully she delivers here.

On 6/30/2020 at 2:38 PM, Andy in Kansas said:

With Edge's injury, I'm thinking Orton is Drew's SummerSlam challenger and things look a little more big league.

I believe that is the scuttlebutt.  I've already seen a bunch of NEWZ sites saying that McMahon views Orton as Raw's top star so many are already assuming that he'll be getting the title, which I think is WWE's weird post-modern story-writing "leaking" of who or what Vince hates or loves to throw off fans who think they know where things are going.  Saw lots of that going into Backlash with "sources" claiming that Lashley was going to be taking the title off of Drew because Heyman was the one pushing for Drew.

So any ideas as to what the stipulation Ziggler is going to pick is? I’m assuming it’s a ladder match, but I’m not sure Drew being in a ladder match would be the best idea. Maybe it could be 2 out of 3 falls, but if they go down that road it should be Drew winning 2-0 in less than 5 minutes considering how they’ve booked Dolph. 

And I have a feeling that since there’s gonna be no crowds for the foreseeable future, and he has to make x amount of appearances per year regardless that Brock is gonna be the SummerSlam opponent for Drew. Hell Orton isn’t even booked for this PPV yet, and even using their standards it’s hard to explain how beating The a Big Show (whenever they book that) makes you #1 contender. 

The only thing about the stipulation we found out about last night was that, collectively, we all want Heath Slater to be wrestling for the WWE Championship. 

My guess, Eye for an Eye will be like that Bray/Cena Wrestlemania match (which I legit enjoyed), aka played up serious now but it's all elementary school level jokes with a nice budget for cartoony effects (not hating this, I love silliness in my wrestling) when its actually finished 

So yeah I'm totally on board ?

On 7/7/2020 at 8:58 AM, hammerva said:

I can't wait to see how they immediately treat a stipulation where the loser literally has to have an eye pop out of his head as nothing.  

You just push it right back in like Vader.