DVDVR Message Board

1 Part Vodka, 2 Parts OJ - Raw - 6/29/2020

Dolfan in NYC

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I thought you meant a Steiner Screwdriver. THAT would have been impressive. 

I don't even want to think about what the math involved with the recipe measurements would be like for such a cocktail.

• Haha 2

Andrade/Garza getting a win over the Vikings, presumably making them #1 contenders, followed by them losing a handicap match to Big Show (after in-fighting) is some, uh, interesting booking.

Apollo Crews is a pretty shitty friend.  Gets beat up by Lashley, Richard O'Shea and Cedric the Entertainer come out to save him from the Full Nelson, leading to Richard getting a match with Lashley, and when he puts the full nelson on both of them, Apollo is nowhere to be found.  I know Vince has lost interest, but I'd like to see Ricochet turn heel, given his admiration for The Rock, I think he could maybe channel that into a show-off-type character (not Dolph).  Where he's a better athlete than most, and likes to brag and show off about it.

That opening was chaotic and fun and largely because of Samoa Joe's dedication to the angle, angrily shouting at the officials to get out there and sounding genuinely angry and upset about the thing going off the rails.

What was the deal with Ruby tonight?  She came out to the ring, making absolutely no expression whatsoever.  Not angry that she was going to fight Peyton, not happy that she was going to get her hands on Peyton, just expressionless.  For the first half of the match, she kind of did the same thing, whether she was on offence or defence, just expressionless blase wrestling.  Then all of a sudden, she seemed to get into it.  It was really weird.  For all the hassle Sasha gets about the supposed boo-boo face, Ruby looked genuinely liked she wanted to be anywhere other than Raw for the first part of that match tonight.

Kind of like how they are trying to rehab Ruby. The match with Peyton was so-so until that damn corkscrew brainbuster. That shit was awesome.

Lana trying to hype Nattie as the locker room leader they need was interesting.

Once again I just can't help but feel that everything done with Seth is a decent idea that Seth doesn't have the talent to make work. Also Humberto should probably not talk. Its not his strong suit. 

The mixed tag and stuff surrounding it earlier int he night was fun.

2 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Got to say that it's been building up for the last few weeks, but Bayley's really hitting her stride right now with her character.  This is the most comfortable she's sounded on the mic her whole career.

Loved her making the face at Asuka, then laughing into the microphone "Who falls for that face?!"

• Like 1

So does MVP manage Shelton now also? Or was that just a one night thing?

I was kinda looking forward to that whole angle of Ruby and Liv reconciling, but that might be gone now, or at least delayed.

Kevin Dunn and his edits were rather brutal tonight, audience member's masks kept appearing and disappearing very badly.

I only made it through the first two third's of the show...i think. Only thing I can really remember is Zelina saying she was gonna punch "that jolly green giant" and Peyton busting out that corkscrew brainbuster out of nowhere.

The infighting with Andrade and Angel is dumb. I bet they are going to set up Andrade turning good. Maybe they'll acknowledge the relationship with Charlotte and we'll get her vs. Zelina out of it.