DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

On 9/24/2020 at 8:27 PM, Curt McGirt said:

This is just too weird not to post. Terry Gordy in '98... with Dan Severn... against Dutch Mantel and Dougie Gilbert... in IWA Mid-South? With Buddy Landel in the crowd? And Brian Hildebrand as the ref?! And Doug not only bleeding a mess but throwing fire at some guy in the crowd? Alrighty then.

Oh shit! I went to this show. I drove over three hours to Louisville to see it. I’d never been there before. Seven years later, I’d move there and I’ve been there since.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

What match is that from? We need more Kasai on here. 

Here's 80 seconds of pure ridiculousness:

• Like 1

I love a festive blood'n'paint medley. Does anyone have the pic a Flair, with half his hair & face bloody from a Terry Funk attack and the other half green courtesy of some Muta mist (post GAB '89 maybe?) It was like you needed 3-D glasses WWHHHOOOO!!!!

- J-Tex 4Ever,

RAF

• Like 1

I may or may not have posted this before (I know I did the Flair/Foley match). This is historic for Flair going "hardcore" and having a garbage match with Show, who also bleeds. It was a trip to see on TV at the time considering Flair's age and the nature of the proceedings. 

Also watched the Jun Kasai vs. Toru Sugiura match posted above (10 year anniversary of Freedoms) and it was a fun little trip into death match territory. Kasai has a chair and a plate of glass cannonballed into his face which reduces his torso to so much chum. Sugiura hilariously kicks out of a One-Winged Angel, which I'm sure would piss Kenny off something fierce if he heard about it. 

So, this card has the following matches on it:

Spoiler

Shoichi Funaki vs. Ikuto Hidaka 

Naohiro Hoshikawa vs. Alexander Otsuka

The Great Sasuke/Gran Hamada/Gran Naniwa/Masato Yakushiji vs. Kaientai DX (TAKA Michinoku/ MEN's Teioh/Dick Togo/Shiryu)

First Tiger Mask vs. Minoru Tanaka 

Daisuke Ikeda/Katsumi Usuda vs. Yuki Ishikawa/Takeshi Ono

Where is the blood you ask? In the M-Pro tag from the late Naniwa, Crab Boy himself, who gets his mask completely ripped off. Match starts around the 38 minute mark if you wanna skip ahead. 

I'm guessing the rest of the matches are just intolerably stiff. 

• Like 3