DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

That was on the five hour BJPW (pre-BJW) comp tape I ordered in high school. The Circus Death Match was good, the Scaffold match was real good (I think I posted the JIP version of it here), the Bug Zapper match was almost unwatchably murky but cool... and then there was the Piranha match. For some reason they didn't have the Balloon Tack or Desert matches. There was lots of Baby Tajiri too. 

It could have been worse than the Piranha match though. Matsunaga and Zandig did a TARANTULA Death Match later on.

This one is a guilty pleasure. I don't think it has a ton of blood but It is seriously messed up. That coffin is probably made out of cardboard, or balsa wood at best. And though you can't see it well Mr. Danger goes FACE FIRST through a plate of glass in the corner.

EDIT: Nevermind. You can see him go through that glass very, very well.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, gordi said:

This is not an over the top bloodbath by any means, but it is a very very good short match where blood is used effectively to enhance the action and crank up the heat. I think this match also could fit into the clubbering thread or the wrestling machines thread. These guys pack a whole lot of pro wrestling goodness into the few minutes they were given.

This match was tremendous.  A pretty much flawless use of ten minutes.  Yes, check, Barry Windham is still one of the greatest.  He's so delightfully evil and nasty, and Pillman is more than willing to take the punishment.  Given the taped fist stipulation, I thought the amount of blood was just about right.  Just great stuff all around.  

• Like 3

THIS IS TOTALLY BALLS OUT. I found it on a 2010 Segunda Caida post that I randomly clicked on looking for something to read last night while I was having a snack before bed, and Lo and Behold, this motherfucker is sitting right there. It's a chain match that degenerates into an insane and chainless brawl between a guy who looks like an Argentinian Volk Han and a lip-smacking psycho who looks like he stole Fishman gear, and had better launder it very well before returning it. Again, BALLS OUT. 

• Like 1

This was in the links along with a bunch of other Brazilian luta livre. I FF'd to the middle and sure enough, we got dual gushers going, so even if it sucks I'm putting it here. Aquiles is likely worth watching again and certainly in a fucking cage. 

EDIT: And of course this was awesome, it's basically Puerto Rico with a round system. There was a side headlock and a sleeper that both lasted for maybe all of ten seconds. Everything else was blood, pummeling, and emoting. 

I also gotta say that these GDR cameramen know their business, they are right up close on all the gore. The cage match is especially filmed well. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I found an IWA Queen of the Death Match final of Oz vs. Mickey Knuckles the other day but it was so bad there's no way I was posting it. 

In that same tournament, Ozaki killed poor Sumie Sakai.

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

The whole match was them just standing there and hitting each other with light tubes. Mickey looked like she was concussed. 

Now, I probably should look up some LuFisto matches...

Yeah, we'll go with concussed.

• Haha 4

I keep getting these Harley Race matches in my YouTube feed but that makes the google logarithm think that I also want to see Tiger Jeet Singh which is PROBLEMATIC!  Here, Harley tags with Dick Slater, so it's kinda like Hansen and Brodie versus Harley and Terry Funk.  Brodie bleeds a lot.  Harley bleeds a lot.

On 8/19/2020 at 9:00 PM, Jiji said:

Mickey Knuckles is a walking talking crime against humanity. Thank you for not spreading it.

I liked her match against that goof "The White Lion", whatever the hell his name was.

10 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I keep getting these Harley Race matches in my YouTube feed but that makes the google logarithm think that I also want to see Tiger Jeet Singh which is PROBLEMATIC!  Here, Harley tags with Dick Slater, so it's kinda like Hansen and Brodie versus Harley and Terry Funk.  Brodie bleeds a lot.  Harley bleeds a lot.

I am so glad that you can screen out Tiger Jeet Singh matches so I don't have to. You are doing good work, my brother!

Once again, this match shows why the late 1970s answer to the question "If you could have one person in the world to have your back in a bar fight, and you answered anything but "Harley Race", it was the wrong answer.

Edited by OSJ
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 4:43 PM, Curt McGirt said:

This one is a guilty pleasure. I don't think it has a ton of blood but It is seriously messed up. That coffin is probably made out of cardboard, or balsa wood at best. And though you can't see it well Mr. Danger goes FACE FIRST through a plate of glass in the corner.

EDIT: Nevermind. You can see him go through that glass very, very well.

Mr Pogo was just too good for this world.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:41 PM, Curt McGirt said:

That was on the five hour BJPW (pre-BJW) comp tape I ordered in high school. The Circus Death Match was good, the Scaffold match was real good (I think I posted the JIP version of it here), the Bug Zapper match was almost unwatchably murky but cool... and then there was the Piranha match. For some reason they didn't have the Balloon Tack or Desert matches. There was lots of Baby Tajiri too. 

It could have been worse than the Piranha match though. Matsunaga and Zandig did a TARANTULA Death Match later on.

How can you do a Tarantula Death Match, when tarantulas are relatively harmless? Granted, I don't want to get bitten by one as those are some bigass fangs, but they are hardly going to kill you.

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Apparently they tried to push each other's heads on them and they just ran away haha. There is a Driver review of it that I cannot find. It sounds hilarious.

Who ran away, the tarantulas or the wrestlers?

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

The spiders you cheeky bastard haha. I think a close quote would be "of course if you used Zandig's melon-like dome on one of these arachnids it would crush it, so the match doesn't make any sense". 

I don't know if I mentioned this, but some years back when we waiting to move into our place we stayed out on the rez at Kathy's older sister's place. I took my morning coffee outside prepared to sit in the lounge chair and have a smoke and there was a fucking tarantula with a leg-span the size of my hand... Not what one wants to see first thing in the morning. I realize that they are beneficial creatures and all that, but they can be beneficial as all get-out far away from me.