DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

Death Samurai Akira with the Blood Mist.

He's been wrestling with his head bandaged up because of a legit eye injury. So he has to bleed extra, to soak through the gauze.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

JAYZEUS FUCK!  This just kinda showed up in my YouTube feed today.  1997 Street Fight between Sangre Chicana and Heavy Metal.  What the FUCK!

"Mom, I got Hep C from Heavy Metal bleeding on me! Where's the Bactine?"

• Like 1

This year's All Star MVP Blood Freak is Caballero de Plata.  First he bleeds like a freak in the hair versus hair match against Hell Boy, and HERE, he is tagging with the Cerebros against Hell Boy and two Oficiales and he SOMEHOW OUT BLEEDS HIS PREVIOUS PLASMA GUSHER.  Completely GNARLY.

23 hours ago, DEAN said:

This year's All Star MVP Blood Freak is Caballero de Plata.  First he bleeds like a freak in the hair versus hair match against Hell Boy, and HERE, he is tagging with the Cerebros against Hell Boy and two Oficiales and he SOMEHOW OUT BLEEDS HIS PREVIOUS PLASMA GUSHER.  Completely GNARLY.

I kinda liked this match. Heels dominate, then the big babyface comeback to the finish: simple and clean. It reminded me of a better match from '90s IWA-MS - sloppy but effective, with thee primitive indy psychology. Also, lotsa festive late '90s-2Ks luchadores are around here, including a despues de presidiario Charly Manson. The previous trios was fun too, I dug the Candy Yeti vs. Wasteland Warrior sequences -- y'know, for the niños.

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:14 PM, Curt McGirt said:

From the latest SC

Need to play catchup with some of these

HOLY SHIT THIS IS GREAT. If we had the full thing, and if they had the chain on the whole time, it might be level with Piper/Valentine as far as chain matches go. What snagged me immediately from the start is how they themselves snagged each other with the chain. Aquiles does some wild wrapping-up with it, almost technical chain work? Like THAT's ever existed before, haha. Then Argentina wraps it around his throat and judo throws him and it's super nasty. The rudo-technico split is obvious with the movie star looking Argentina and the stout, ugly, troll-like man that is Aquiles, yet the crowd doesn't seem to have any preference and is just hot for a fight. That's what they get for sure. One of the coolest things about the match is it's done in the round system and really does come across like a boxing match with guys trading off advantages and getting to sell during the breaks. After the third round the chain comes off and it gets even crazier. Aquiles looks like his eye is gonna end up out of his head, Argentina is doing the awesome Fujiwara spinning neck twists with his feet (which had to be a super popular babyface move even though it looked like a super dick move too), wild adults and children at ringside are just freaking out watching these guys throw huge clubbing hammerfists at each others' wounds. It's a trip, and an all-time great match. 

Another thing I wanna mention is that this match has actual limbwork with both guys going after the opponent's legs, and Aquiles even busts out a Kimura at one point? You don't see that in a chain match very often. But then again, it is done with such viciousness that it erases any finesse. Especially when you have this prideful little Orc licking his lips in his thirst for blood.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

One can forget that Ryuji Kawakami was in Big Japan for a million years.   Hayato Tamura is having fun bleeding like a complete freak.  Jun Kasai is the most beloved wrestler in Japan.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Phil Schneider said:

Here is another Mad Dog Connelly match for @DEANto belligerently not watch. Feels like a classic Necro Butcher match from the mid 2000s, nasty straight punches, big gnarly bumps and Connelly damn near bleeding to death

I watch every match you recommend, little mister.

EDIT:  JESUS CHRIST!  That match is fucking CRAZY even without blood.

I  don't like those kinda matches anymore because I have been listening to too much Jim Cornette podcast whilst I cook dinner for the ungrateful family, but I also liked this match (mostly). I would bet that the same person trained both of these guys because they had the same kind of "Marvel Way To Draw Comics" exaggerated movements -play to the cheap seats, kid- which I think is good. Everyone should see what you are doing, better to be overly broad and then work on making it more natural than the other way around. There was too much overacting (a totally different thang) by the other employees of the promotion, in that "everyone wants to be a worker way". Only the wrestlers (and managers, if necessary) should be overstated, all else -referees, announcers, commentators, security, merch sales- should be as naturalistic as possible, you're all ordinary humans and audience proxies amidst the warring titans. The sexy ref in particular was comically overselling, but in every other manner she was right on top of the action and in the right place for the workers and for crowd control. We all can't be part of the show. The guy picking up the trash got scared like he was auditioning for "Scooby-Doo", but please do not use fatboy texting on his phone at merch table #2 again, he brought it all down for us watching on video. There were a couple of my pet peeves here: the chair to chair slugfest (uuggghhh but it was short) and poor choice of plunder. Don't use jumper cables unless you clip some real nipples or fleshy folds, there are ways to gimmick that. If you are gonna do some duct tape hair removal, DO IT and show everybody at ringside (which was every patron there, I guess). A plastic storage bin lid? Worker, please - crack that shiznit in twain and start raking a back. That said, these boys looked good. and the match had a nice flow. I dug saving the big color for the end. Note to Scary Boxing Boots Man: the real Bruiser Brody always knew where his chain was, therefor Mr. Cameraman shut yer gob. The camerawork was great. The lack of entrance music and commentary added to it all for me. There were a lot of seniors in the crowd, a true sign of believable ringwork. I would watch stuff with these guys, and the the ref, again.

• Like 1

One second into the match Mad Dog Conelly shoots a completely believable single leg and I was in. The key here was the urgency. They're either preening/appealing or trying to win, there's no akward gristle between those states. The real-quick Necro chairpunch brawl. Demanding, not asking, for a chair shower. And the occasional technical stuff being so competent as to suggest that either dude could win with a suplex or a guillotine or whatever. I have misgivings about the finish (was that supposed to be a joshi tribute or a Memphis tribute) and there's no good way to electrify a nipple if you're not gonna actually electrify a nipple (so don't). But boy oh boy that was a choice two-rows-of-fans indie bloodbath. And you get the idea that they've got a lot more matches like this in them.

Edited by John E. Dynamite