DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

This match in Mexico channels 1995 IWA.  Mannnnn, that's a lot of blood.

EDIT:  This match becomes AWESOME at 13:45.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

@Curt McGirtwatch this. We need another opinion on Panamanian hair matches. 

Watched! It's my mom's b-day so we sat down to some not great shrimp and grits after a blistering day in the heat at Goodwill and this match kind of felt like the rest of the day: okay, with some high parts and low parts. I'm guessing (without looking at the Segunda review again) that Muerte is the guy in the white and Emperador (Emperor is not exactly a face name IMO) is the one in black, which further confuses the rudo/tecnico identities. They both have some really broad selling and Muerte's silly chicken walk, which I guess is his version of a Memphis Strut, is really goofy. Emperador hits some beautiful flying headscissors (which need to come back in a big way with current wrestling) before it turns into complete Abby Stabby with Muerte handling not only one but TWO forks to stab and stab again. Yet he ends up leaking the most, turning his mask and most of his singlet pink. Finally after some embarrassing submission attempts, Emperador rolls Muerte up after a rana, and after brawling a bit flat takes his mask and hits the road with Muerte doing his chicken walk in the ring, unperturbed. Odd match that got a good reaction out of the fans. Panama in the '80s had to be a wild place but this strangely wasn't as wild as I'd expect from it. 

EDIT: It is really weird to have someone's main offensive move be a Northern Chop. And I'm not sure if the chicken strut was Emperador's deal and Muerte was mocking him or the other way around. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

I assume Muerte was the medico looking guy in all white but I'm actually not entirely sure either. But that's what I went with.

And yeah, come on Curt. I wouldn't necessarily send you the match that I thought was great and you needed to see. I figure you'll find those on your own. I'd send you the match that I couldn't quite figure out and needed another valued opinion on. What, do you think this is 2019 here?

• 2 weeks later...