DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

40 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wooooooow. I had no idea the end of Onita/Tremont was not only Matt Tremont almost dying but a complete end of July 4th mortar spectacular. 

Read on f4wonline.com Tremont is in a burns unit for a week.

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wooooooow. I had no idea the end of Onita/Tremont was not only Matt Tremont almost dying but a complete end of July 4th mortar spectacular. 

That wasn't the finish. They went for quite a while after that. The exploding light tube over the head, and the slam on the flaming BW board were both after the Firework display.

• Like 1

I think this is another entry from Way of the Blade. Doc and Terry have their typical great match, a real punchathon, and get over the piledriver as a death move. There's one that Steve pulls off that is just world-crushing. But of course we also come for the blood and though Doc has a bit Terry brings the buffet table over. Somewhat of a BS finish but one I really like, and it's hard to find a good Texas Death Match after all. Also, Sunshine, who is just a great valet and good lookin' gal. I bet she has a ton of stories about those days that are wild as hell. 

EDIT: There is also a Gordy lariat in this match that comes out of nowhere and would have Hansen standing and applauding. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3

On 11/7/2021 at 10:21 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I think this is another entry from Way of the Blade. Doc and Terry have their typical great match, a real punchathon, and get over the piledriver as a death move. There's one that Steve pulls off that is just world-crushing. But of course we also come for the blood and though Doc has a bit Terry brings the buffet table over. Somewhat of a BS finish but one I really like, and it's hard to find a good Texas Death Match after all. Also, Sunshine, who is just a great valet and good lookin' gal. I bet she has a ton of stories about those days that are wild as hell. 

EDIT: There is also a Gordy lariat in this match that comes out of nowhere and would have Hansen standing and applauding. 

I watched this a few months ago and it is major. That treasure trove of Houston stuff on YouTube was wonderful to get lost in, and I 100% recommend this match to anyone who has the slightest interest in Doc, Gordy, or professional wrestling.

• Like 2

Hey, since Eddie KIngston talked up the now infamous Tupelo Concession Stand Brawl in his recent article, I thought it might not be a bad idea to post it here.

I always thought it was awesome how the managed to steer clear of the popcorn machine without hinting that they had no intentions of damaging it.

Here is the equally violent concession stand brawl between Jeff Jarrett / Jerry Lawler and the Moondogs.   

Not to be outdone, here are Eddie Gilbert, Ricky Morton, Masa Fuchi and (duh) Atsushi Onita beating the living shit out of each other.

THERE WILL BE BLOOD~!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, DEAN said:

In Mexico, when you bleed, you bleed!  LOOKIT ALL THE BLOOD!

I love love loved this. Such a great rudo beatdown and then a response to where Super Nova is wearing a Hurican Ramirez mask stolen from somebody down the line. Probably the reason this is so good is the filming, it's right up in your face. Sometimes there is really good close-up magic and sometimes someone is really sticking a broken bottle in a guy's forehead or cracking them with a chop or slap as hard as humanly possible. 

Spoiler

The end with the rudos stomping around wearing their opponents' masks and beating on them is such a cherry on top. This is clearly leading to an apuestas for the ages. 

• Like 1