DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

3 hours ago, Pete said:

What a GD war that was. If you could beat the ugly off of someone, Bull Curry would've looked like Paul Newman by the end of it.

Every time I got a look at his face I saw another crevice or spot of hair or other weird twist to the features. He has to be up there with Rondo Hatton on the classic mugs list. 

Rondo-Hatton_main.jpg

(Ironically, Rondo was voted Most Handsome as a high school senior before the acromegaly got him) 

Rondo_Hatton_from_his_1913_high_school_y

The talk about Jack Victory (i.e. I think brother was underrated) reminded me that he wasn't afraid to bleed like a spigot was attacched to his forehead if he needed to!

James

• Like 4

This is more like a riot than a wrestling match- especially with the numerous unprotected chairshots.  With this many Lunatiks in a match, you have to have blood.

Before Zack Wentz went to NXT and became Nash Carter, he decided to have ONE deathmatch in GCW. And here it is (clipped):

On 7/7/2021 at 10:41 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Since it got on a spot in Secret Santo I thought I'd drop this here. Hardway! 

I was in attendance at Sumo Hall for this match, and in retrospect this is probably the match that earned my ticket at the time, as the rest of card was rather lackluster..  If memory serves me right, they had the top bar and four pillars of the cage skeleton in place for the duration of the show until this match went down, which looked odd, and I remember feeling bad for the performers who had to work around it and try to avoid getting hurt.  So, I guess you could say I was pleased when this match delivered.  

OIP.A-_RpjA870uBtTCkXtQnBwHaEK?pid=ImgDe

0cKQZgIekw&pid=ImgRaw

OIP.CXyrYxvYMj4fSCQ-TODqVwAAAA?pid=ImgDe

"The last time Sabu was placed in this situation, he was the challenger against Terry Funk in August, 1997. Sabu had a Barbed Wire Match against Terry Funk, and it was the last Barbed Wire Match in the history of ECW because I could not in good conscience subject anybody else to that level of brutality. Sabu ripped his arm in the barbed wire and ended up receiving more than 100 stitches, but didn't stop the match; he continued to wrestle after taping his own arm together so that he could continue."
- Paul Heyman[14]

"Terry Funk and Sabu wrestled in real barbed wire. If you look at the end of the match, there really isn't a pinfall, because Terry Funk's shoulders really aren’t on the mat, because the two had become so intertwined in the barbed wire that they were just entangled in this giant ball that was just piercing both of them. Terry Funk was very lucky, because there was one piece of barbed wire that was sticking out that was very close to his eyeball. We had to cut them free from one another with wire cutters and get them both to the emergency room. That was the most atrocious thing I've ever seen in my life. Everyone who did a barbed wire match before that realized that they had been topped."
- Joey Styles[7]

One of the most holy shit matches ever, Terry Funk vs. Sabu for Funk's ECW World Heavyweight Championship in a no role barbed wire match at ECW Born to be Wired 1997.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Ringside handheld. Cardona has this great "Oh Shit" expression as the first bell of For Whom the Bell Tolls rings.

• Thanks 2

These are from the FMW Battle Creation tape that DZ posted in the other thread. 

This is a handheld so if you want the close-up digest version go watch the other file. It's still two great old guys with great punches punching each other right in the face with fists wrapped in steel. 

The Passion of the Wild Thing! His arm gets supremely carved here and he's in pure agony. Also you have a very spry Mr. Danger tasting his blood for the first time, thus realizing his future. Wild, chaotic, and has the best Thunder Fire Powerbomb I've ever seen.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

Crossposted from DZ's posted because Kiyomiya hits one out of the park, past the parking lot and half way across the river.  JESUS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1