DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

R3448fc08354f4abd1f8f2f1a4d7f0ac9?rik=LC

OIP.lSfl1CWAz0JLZeLSCzFGWAHaE7?pid=ImgDe

mick-foley-blood-1398089229.jpg

Mick Foley. My introduction to hard-core/death match wrestling, the first heel I ever liked and one of my 10 favourite wrestlers ever. Awesome meeting Mick Foley in July 2003.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Kind of a lightning hair match. The first two falls are shorter than anything I think I've ever seen (the first has a Razor's Edge, a MIchinoku Driver, and a pin haha). Apache gets a bloodstain on his ass for the unfortunate "Andre had an accident" look. Didn't DDP shit in the ring once too? Had to be somebody. 

The concept of Native vs. Spanish matador (a symbol of the oppressor) is an interesting political matchup, did these two feud a lot? 

• Like 1

In honour of Jericho maybe bleeding (for one of the very few times in his career) tomorrow, here's the first time he bled. Things got a bit out of hand:

• Like 2

https://www.rohwrestling.com/top-videos/briscoes-vs-rush-and-dragon-lee

EDIT: Correction, Rush smears blood on his own chest and spits it too. This has a very territorial feel from the Briscoes, like they said "you don't come into OUR house" and decide to just take it to 100x speed against Dinastia Munoz. This is their first match in ROH and they match everything equally and in force. Just a blast of a match. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

On 1/19/2021 at 11:28 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

TOMOKO WATANABE AS ZAP T AND EAGLE SAWAI TURN INTO THE FEMALE EQUIVALENTS OF BUZZ SAWYER AND HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN AND TAP SOME ARTERTIES~!

This is from the joint AJW/LLPW show in 1999 where the crowd is just nuclear the entire show (main evented by an alright Kandori vs. Hotta red belt title match). They completely blow a sidewalk slam, and the crowd doesn't give a shit cause this is a FIGHT!

This was really fun and like DEAN said, that screwdriver at the end was NASTY! I've never been a joshi fan (after watching this I think I've seen two matches total, the other being a GAEA match from the 1999 yearbook) but I am thinking I need to correct this.

• Like 2

Fun barbed wire bat match in which the competitors solve the "I know I'm slower than my oponnent and will not get the bat before him" problem by HIDING ANOTHER BARBED WIRE BAT UNDER THE RING! Little kids screaming for blood like it's Puerto Rico and not New Jersey. Pretty hard shots with the bat, too. The channel it's on also has wome W*ING shows. It also has XPW which leads to my mini-rant:

I knew XPW was bad. I had a lot of it on tape as a young tape trader. I had forgotten just how bad it actually is. I'm off work because I had symptoms and work with food so I've been staying up way late and watching wrestling. I picked XPW last night because I was in the mood for bloody stuff. They weren't even able to do that right. The shows were like Vince Russo booked IWA: MS so the deathmatches were at hyper-speed (the match times, not the work. Supreme and Pogo couldn't work any faster) and the weapons looked like they had the highest budget of anything. The barbed wire boards looked like they came out of some rich pervert's sex dungeon, not a meth-heads backyard. As a result, there wasn't much blood and nothing looked any more painful than normal wrestling (except the insane falls, mind you.) It honestly is the absolute dirt worst and I still somehow ended up watching everything on this guy's channel. I'm ashamed of myself. Really the only saving grace is when the lucha guys would show up or the SoCal guys who wanted to be lucha guys. The Juicy One was the sole highlight of a lot of shows. Of course, as I type this, I'm currently seeking out every episode of XPW TV because I am a glutton for punishment. 

• Like 2

Maybe this should be in the hot takes, but more likely there should be a new thread "Things That Were Garbage Save For This One Shining Factor" (too lazy to start) -

I don't think about XPW too much, but I am still amazed at how bad it was. I mean, if they tried to make it bad, they could not have done worse. There was more quality fun in GWF or (shudder) AWF. BUT------

Damn, I like me some Homeless Jimmy - good name, good gimmick (Spike Dudley manque'), fun worker, good entrance, very of the times.

- RAF

p.s. - bad finisher name: the Homeless Slam. C'mon, off the point of my head there is the Shelter Slam, the Squeegee Slam, Crusty Crunch, Hobo Havok, Tramp Stamp... I don't remember him ever hitting it anyway.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Maybe this should be in the hot takes, but more likely there should be a new thread "Things That Were Garbage Save For This One Shining Factor" (too lazy to start) -

I don't think about XPW too much, but I am still amazed at how bad it was. I mean, if they tried to make it bad, they could not have done worse. There was more quality fun in GWF or (shudder) AWF. BUT------

Damn, I like me some Homeless Jimmy - good name, good gimmick (Spike Dudley manque'), fun worker, good entrance, very of the times.

- RAF

p.s. - bad finisher name: the Homeless Slam. C'mon, off the point of my head there is the Shelter Slam, the Squeegee Slam, Crusty Crunch, Hobo Havok, Tramp Stamp... I don't remember him ever hitting it anyway.

I have a softspot for Homeless Jimmy myself. That extends to hobo characters in general, in all forms of media. I think that comes from a childhood fascination with Emmet Kelly. In college I was friendly with a guy who wrestled for PWO in Cleveland whose gimmick was Hobo Joe. And of course I'm a big backer of Vince's hobo army.

EDIT: In fact, I almost wonder if he posts here. @hobo joeare you a former Falcon?

Edited by RazorbladeKiss87
  • Like 1

You can't really find any matches with Jack in them that were good in an objective sense. There was the original Hardcore Homecoming match with him and Kronus versus somebody that isn't online, which had him bring a scaffold to ringside for a jump to finish the match; that was fun at least. There's the cluster with Dusty that's online that I've posted here before. But, I did find this, and it is the most ridiculous shit ever: a point for every plunder shot and double for a broken table... or something. They bleed a lot and you will laugh at the absurdity. RIP Jack, you were the man. 

There's some really great stuff from that weird Karate vs New Japan feud that I have never been able to dig up on youtube. There's a Kuniayaki Kobayashi vs. Akitoshi Saito match from TV, apparently being fought over some kind of wood carving(?), where they absolutely destroy each other for about 7 minutes that's one of the wildest matches I've ever seen. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can dig it up online by all means post it, because Saito bleeds like a motherfucker in it on top of the match being great.

42 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

There's some really great stuff from that weird Karate vs New Japan feud that I have never been able to dig up on youtube. There's a Kuniayaki Kobayashi vs. Akitoshi Saito match from TV, apparently being fought over some kind of wood carving(?), where they absolutely destroy each other for about 7 minutes that's one of the wildest matches I've ever seen. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can dig it up online by all means post it, because Saito bleeds like a motherfucker in it on top of the match being great.

I think it was the plaque for the karate dojo.

• Like 1

I really can't make myself go through 33 pages of results to see if this has been posted yet, but has anyone posted that nutso angle in ROH where Jimmy Jacobs bloodies one of the Briscoes profusely, then proceeds to hang him in midring by his ankles? The blood dripping down to the mat was one of the biggest "Jeezis Christ!" moments in wrestling for me.

5 minutes ago, jstout said:

I really can't make myself go through 33 pages of results to see if this has been posted yet, but has anyone posted that nutso angle in ROH where Jimmy Jacobs bloodies one of the Briscoes profusely, then proceeds to hang him in midring by his ankles? The blood dripping down to the mat was one of the biggest "Jeezis Christ!" moments in wrestling for me.

It was posted here recently I think. I didn't watch it, but I remember the YT still shot.

WON 5/11/92:

There is some kind of an angle associated with the two karate vs. wrestling matches on the two big shows. I believe there is a sign which would be similar to one of those symbolic cups that college football teams that have one major big game each year against each other play for possession and that Kobayashi won the sign beating Akitoshi Saito and Koshinaka kept it the next night against Aoyagi, who is the head of the karate school and was like the master trying to get back the sign. Koshinaka gave the sign to Choshu as a symbol that the wrestlers beat the karate guys. Aoyagi claimed they would eventually beat the wrestlers to get the sign back.

It all reads like they ported Fist of Fury over to NJPW.