DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

On 3/21/2021 at 6:05 AM, Ace said:

I still remember seeing that for the first time in early '98.

I actually saw it on public access in NYC a few weeks after it took place (May 1995?) from someone with a PWTW-type news show.

• Like 1

Since there is no way I'm trying to look it up, who the hell is Ku Kux Klan? 

Glad that the quality of Hayabusa/Onita is pristine now. I think the old file of it I have on my external is probably the pits. 

Spoiler

Onita's ass should have definitely not gone over though. Even when I first saw it I thought that, and I didn't know that was supposed to be his retirement match either.

• Like 3

Andre the Giant crushes Hulk Hogan's skull and Hogan bleeds like a freak!  Afterwards, hang around for Sgt Slaughter to spew plasma as 1981 WWF appears to have been proto-Big Japan.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The best part of Andre/Hogan there isn't the blood, it's Dick Woehrle, all in black WITH WRESTLING BOOTS ON just saying "fuck it" and sitting on the top rope half the match. 

...And don't sleep on his gusseted flares. Add in the boxer's nose, and you know My Man Dick had style, baby. He often got a small pop at the intros, so the NE crowds recognized his game, and he could work a mean midget match.

- DW mark,

RAF

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Regardless of your thoughts on Hogan I'm sure we can all agree that Stan Hansen literally beating him to a bloody pulp is agreeable. 

This match is awesome.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

Wasn't the backstory to this match, basically being Gordy not wanting to do the job and Hansen goes, "Fuck it, I don’t care, I'll do it."

From what I've heard it was more like Hansen convinced Gordy not to do the job so he could get the match, the payday and the glory of "the company man saving the show." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

From what I've heard it was more like Hansen convinced Gordy not to do the job so he could get the match, the payday and the glory of "the company man saving the show." 

I can see that. They were also buds and wasn't this shortly after Stan was in NHB?

The James Storm/Bobby Roooooooo street fight from Bound for Glory 2012 was just on AXS and good lord is that A LOT OF FUCKING BLOOD. I know I posted it in here a couple pages back so go watch that if you haven't seen it. I think King Mo was getting grossed out standing there watching everything at ringside. Sadly, it did not inform him on how to become a better pro wrestler. 

Then Joey Ryan showed up and I changed back to the Dish Landscapes channel haha

This is pretty good, just a violent, heated tag match with great heel work from the Rottweilers who are such pricks. I'm putting it here because Ki gets busted open hardway from a chair to the face at the end, I was gonna post it elsewhere (the chops and the brawl could put it in Clubbering actually) but what the hell. Funny seeing Baby Lethal with Misawa gear and a natural. 

• Like 2

We were talking about the concept of an actual 'lights-out' match with no lights in the Discord chat and I thought I remembered one from Big Japan. It wasn't on this, but there is a bug zapper match on here where they turn the lights out for some of the match. It also has clips of almost every one of the absurd early BJ(P)W death matches and in crystal clear video so you can see allllllll the blood. Honma/Yamakawa 1 is at the end and man I did not remember Yamakawa's back turning into a river of gore.

• Like 4