DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

The Evito-X-Puro account has both Chigusa/Dump hair matches up, finally. The old one I posted of the first one was off a Facebook account that's probably dead. 

It really doesn't get any more violent than Shinobu Kandori punching you in the face with a motherfucking chain. 

EDIT: I was wrong. Bull Nakano dropping a leg wrapped in a chain ON YOUR FACE is more violent. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DEAN said:

Cross posted because a.) Chigusa bleeds like Chigusa will bleed in the 80s. b.)  Leilani Kai blades like it's the fucking 1970s.

Leilani Kai looks exactly like somebody my mom would have hung out with in the '80s or '90s. I can smell the Virginia Slims from here. 

That was strangely (for me) a match that I don't feel needed the blood. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Leilani Kai looks exactly like somebody my mom would have hung out with in the '80s or '90s. I can smell the Virginia Slims from here. 

That was strangely (for me) a match that I don't feel needed the blood. 

I just loved that all the American women at ringside got Kai's gig to her immediately and she bladed in like four seconds, which is weird because I can't imagine Leilani Kai blading in the US ever.  I guess they just knew from being around it so much.

53 minutes ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

I can't recall any US women getting color in the US until... ??? Memphis? '90s indies? IWA-MS? Sure, Mexico and Japan, but what is the history of Lady Wrestlers and Thee Blade in the USA?

- RAF

If the U.S. commissions were giving some of these promotions the blues over men getting color, they've would have had an absolute conniption if women started doing it. Hell, I think that's part of the reason in Japan for the longest in the case of the women it would be the ref*, one of the outside seconds, or even your opponent (as illustrated in the above Bull/Kandori chain match). 

Plus the stigma of women being eye candy for so long kinda prohibited that. I mean if didn't happen in something like Sunshine & Chris Adams vs. Jimmy Garvin & Precious, it probably wasn't happening at all.

With that said, Stevie Richards had a cage match with Luna at Heatwave 95 and it was double juice (Luna got it on herself cause you see her pull the gig out on camera). However, Richards kinda bled for both parties essentially. The match was just an angle to set up the Chair Shot Heard Around the World.

*(although Red Shoes was responsible for the infamous one on Naito in his feud with Jericho, the obscene Nagata/Makabe bloodbaths, and also the Nagata/Sasaki almost crime scene levels of blood in 2004 so it clearly goes both ways)

• Like 2

https://archive.org/details/llpw-15.02.1998

Rumi Kazama, Shinobu Kandori & Yasha Kurenai vs. Eagle Sawai, Michiko Nagashima & Sayuri Okino

at the 50 minute mark of this one got dug up by Sebastian over at Segunda Caida. Wild, uncontrollable brawl with Kurenai getting as red as her parachute pants and the ref blading Eagle right during a camera closeup. 25 minutes of nonstop weapon shots, run ins, chain hangings, scissor stabbings, you name it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

https://archive.org/details/llpw-15.02.1998

Rumi Kazama, Shinobu Kandori & Yasha Kurenai vs. Eagle Sawai, Michiko Nagashima & Sayuri Okino

at the 50 minute mark of this one got dug up by Sebastian over at Segunda Caida. Wild, uncontrollable brawl with Kurenai getting as red as her parachute pants and the ref blading Eagle right during a camera closeup. 25 minutes of nonstop weapon shots, run ins, chain hangings, scissor stabbings, you name it.

There's wrestling on archive.org?  Yasha Kurenai is the all-star of that match.  So much BattlARTS!

I just found this old Big Japan video from around 10 years ago I thought I lost forever, and thought some people here would appreciate it. AKA the watch Yoshihito Sasaki bleed more than any deathmatch wrestler Music Video. Sadly there's many others I made that are gone forever. I stole the song from an old Michinoku Pro music video that I also sadly can't find.

• Like 3

D'aw they're all just babies! 

1. Whatever happened to Yoshihito Sasaki anyway? Why isn't he working in a Champion Carnival tag team? 

2. The reaction to getting the slime-green mist from Sekimoto was a legit rewind LOL moment

3. That has to be Blind Guardian doing the song, right?

Song is Rising Force by Yngwie Malmsteen

Yoshihito Sasaki appears to be a tamed, pudgy house husband at this point, looking nice and happy, with a forehead that looks like laffy taffy. He married a former idol and has a huge family with her, and they regularly update a YouTube channel about their daily life. Bit jarring to see one of the most violent wrestlers I've ever seen being such a jovial dude, but I'm happy for him that he doesn't appear brain dead and bitter.

He recently did a review of his Wikipedia entry and confirmed or denied things. From what I can understand, he said he blew out his knee around 2013 and the surgery/rehab did not go well, to where he couldn't do basic in ring drills. He didn't renew his contract with Big Japan while he was injured, and then quietly left the business. He says he's not retired, since he didn't have a formal retirement match/ceremony, but it also doesn't seem likely he will ever do one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A.M.B. said:

Yngwie Malmsteen

You've unleashed the focking fiury~!

(Old school DVDVRMB reference of the day)

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

The amount of blood in this is too much even for me. I think Savio blades the back of his head.

MAAAAAAAAAAAN!