DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

Man, Youtube just keeps pumping these overlooked lucha bloodbaths into my feed.  Babe Face bleeds early.  La Fiera bleeds bigger.  This match is fucking great.

• Like 1

I had a completely random thought about the similarities in gimmick between The Million Dollar Man and Ric Flair and decided to see if they ever wrestled eachother. Cagematch just has this match from 1985 in Mid South which features DiBiase getting a gusher courtesy of Dick Murdoch (you can actually see him going for the blade at the beginning).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I had a completely random thought about the similarities in gimmick between The Million Dollar Man and Ric Flair and decided to see if they ever wrestled eachother. Cagematch just has this match from 1985 in Mid South which features DiBiase getting a gusher courtesy of Dick Murdoch (you can actually see him going for the blade at the beginning).

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Another welcome repost. Still one of my favorite wrestling angles ever. 

It's the one match where Flair's hair turns red from SOMEONE ELSE'S blood. Lordy.

• Like 1

To no surprise, La Fiera/Baby Face was my #2 match on Disc Five of the Lucha set. 

La Fiera vs. Babyface (8/15/86)

That has to be the first pinfall off a fistdrop I've ever seen. Nice. Baby Face blades in abdomen-covering fashion after the always great Corona sideboard posting. Announcer keeps talking about La Fiera as a master of tae-kwon-do or something, probably because he kicks a lot. The ref having to peel apart the two men from the octopus hold that ends segunda caida underlines the hate these two have for each other. We get a brief clip and Fiera is already bleeding. He has a great response to someone putting you in a hammerlock: just punch 'em in the kidneys! There's an even better moment where Baby Face picks up Fiera's feet as he's hanging through the ropes and just dumps him on his head. So many cheap shots in this one. Fiera bouncing off the floor is a sight. Nice little "revancha" finish and there goes Baby's mop. I didn't even know this was a hair match! They keep talking shit to each other and Fiera even kicks Baby as he's getting shaved. Great match, nice methodical pace where every shot felt like it was meant to hurt, good armwork from Baby Face too.

The Rockstar Spud/EC3 match where Spud bleeds a bucket was on the TNA In 60 tonight following Impact (and should replay again here in a minute). Fully uncensored even though they say they're going to. It's still great, but god is Taz completely wooden and telegraphing on commentary. 

EDIT: On again at 12 AM Central. The second match is Angle/EC3.

Edited by Curt McGirt

This is just too weird not to post. Terry Gordy in '98... with Dan Severn... against Dutch Mantel and Dougie Gilbert... in IWA Mid-South? With Buddy Landel in the crowd? And Brian Hildebrand as the ref?! And Doug not only bleeding a mess but throwing fire at some guy in the crowd? Alrighty then.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

This is just too weird not to post. Terry Gordy in '98... with Dan Severn... against Dutch Mantel and Dougie Gilbert... in IWA Mid-South? With Buddy Landel in the crowd? And Brian Hildebrand as the ref?! And Doug not only bleeding a mess but throwing fire at some guy in the crowd? Alrighty then.

Now we're talkin!

Have yet to watch this but seeing as WWS is pretty rare, plus it's not from the main source for WWS on youtube I'll post it now.
I think I might actually own Pogo's personal copy of this, but if it is this version is better looking.

Pushpin Deathmatch by Tarzan Goto, Yukihiro Kanemura, Yuta Nakata vs. Mr. Pogo, Toryu, and Naoya Takase 20 9 2010.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2020 at 12:23 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Since you got the Dailymotion account, could you do us a solid and put up Aja/KAORU too? I was gonna do it on Youtube but it'd probably be taken down for some dumb reason.

Ok finally got around to doing this. H/T @Jiji for recommending Handbrake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, DEAN said:

GAEA was the best.

I have a match on one DVD w/ Chigusa, Sonoko Kato, and Bomber Hikari vs. Michiko Nagashima, Eagle Sawai, and Jenn Yukari from '96 that's heated and bloody as hell. Thirteen minutes of brutality. I'll rip it sometime soon.

• Like 4

Aja/KAORU is still unreal. Not a second of wasted motion, every Sabu/RVD setup ends up with the tables (literally) turned, Aja turns from a killer into almost an underdog by the end. There is so much to love about that match. Thank you tons @Elsalvajeloco, that match needs to be online for posterity to be viewed by anyone who loves professional wrestling. It's the Yamazaki 50-Year Old of bloody matches.

And I have no idea why Ozaki was bleeding either. GAEA was indeed fucking great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This gets on here because Flash Flanagan/Slash Venom bleeds a little and Ricky leaves a puddle of blood on the floor after being attacked with a ball bat after the match, but the real story here is the bump that ends the match. They set up a table and brawl through the crowd to a ledge about 20 feet above the ground, Ricky tosses Venom over the rail... and we have a full-on Matt Hardy Incident. 

EDIT: Daaaaaaamn, I'm watching the whole thing through now and Venom hits a picture perfect Macho elbow from a double jump off a chair onto the top rope, through a table set about eight feet from the ring on the floor. Crazy! 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

The Headhunters vs Ivan and Vladimir Kollof, I remember first watching this during the same weekend I watched AJW Dream Slam 1 and 2.
Back then I hadn't seen all that many bloodbaths, so Hokuto vs Kandori and this were quite the eye openers for me.

Also gotta love Ivan's promo here, man I miss 90's W*ING promo's.

• Like 2

This is cut quite literally to pieces (as in it cuts every couple seconds), just total butchery especially considering they talk at length at end with NO cuts, but what we get of the match is killer. Both guys just smack the shit out of each other, Aero Boy has some mean submissions, Terry pulls out a cold bottle of Corona and blasts Aero Boy with it. The full version of this has to be a classic. I think they had a hair match after this -- no way I was watching the mic work -- but there's only like three minutes of it on Youtube.

EDIT: Okay, here's the full version... only with no crowd noise, a play by play guy, and annoyingly a generic rock/metal song playing over and over in the background. But it's the whole thing! 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1