DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

11 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Honestly one of my favourite matches from either guy. 

Yep. One of a handful of matches wherein Dory doesn't bore me to tears.

Goddam!  Florida 1973.  Buddy Colt and Eddie Graham try to see which one makes the cover of THE WRESTLER next month.  Paul Jones adds to the craziness.

• Like 5

A fun house show main that starts as Dreamer vs. Corino and ends up four-on-four with Dusty Rhodes (!) coming out to even the odds at the end. Corino, Victory and Jack bleed with scumbag RF getting nice closeups of everything. Dreamer hilariously puts the Tarantula on Tajiri which is probably the most complicated thing I've ever seen him do in a ring.

• Like 2

Holy shit. I've never seen a Cage of Death aside from the ROH one and this is completely bonkers. The construction of it is really cool and surprisingly elaborate. There are things in it you won't notice until somebody bumps into/through them so there are a few surprise spots. 

My apologies for posting a Sami match because I'm not a fan either, and another jerk shows up at the end, but this is too wild to not give an eye to. And Danny is dead and all too (RIP). Make sure to stick around at the end for the footage of all the big spots in slow-mo and the Bactine-ing of their disgusting wounds. 

• Like 2

The Mongolian Stomper looks like a low polygon henchman from 90s video game. He was carved from a big granite block of Brutishness with an obsidian adze. What a presence - born to a wrestler by looks alone and always looked menacing in a photo. Don Carson - what a head of hair, & vastly overlooked. Where is Stomper's furry vest now? And when was he called The Midnight Stallion? Was that a masked gimmick?

Wait, I found this:

image-asset.jpeg?format=750w

$15,000 vs. Van? That must have some sweet ride.

- RAF

• Like 2

This is another Segunda Caida Special, originally uploaded by Tim Evans but I found a single file version. Primera is the rudo beatdown, segunda is the rudo stooging/technico superiority fall, tercera is Arandu deciding to gnaw Super Astro's forehead clean off. I love love love Super Astro. Go visit his torta shop! 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Dustin Rhodes vs. Buckhouse Bunk, Bunkhouse Match, starts after the end of Rude/Sting at the jump of the first video. Buck bleeds a little while Dustin comes close enough to that AEW match above... well, really, not so much but that one was ridiculous. The irony is Dustin would be fired next year for him and Blacktop Bully bleeding in the infamous King of the Road match, AKA Match On A Moving Truck. On a brand new PPV show entitled Uncensored, at that.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2020 at 3:20 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Holy shit. I've never seen a Cage of Death aside from the ROH one and this is completely bonkers. The construction of it is really cool and surprisingly elaborate. There are things in it you won't notice until somebody bumps into/through them so there are a few surprise spots. 

My apologies for posting a Sami match because I'm not a fan either, and another jerk shows up at the end, but this is too wild to not give an eye to. And Danny is dead and all too (RIP). Make sure to stick around at the end for the footage of all the big spots in slow-mo and the Bactine-ing of their disgusting wounds. 

Someone needs to tell Sami that when you're 5'4 crouching down isn't really a good look. This match could have been improved by Mr. Pogo doing a run-in with his scythe. It's a rule of wrestling, all garbage matches are automatically improved by the addition of Mr. Pogo and various gardening implements such as the TROWEL OF TORMENT or the WEED-WHACKER OF WOE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1