DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah fuck all that. Spiders are the only animal that I'm mildly phobic of. The bigger they are the less I like them, so living out in the desert like you is out for me. 

Oh, I can't abide the 8-legged monstrosities. A small spider will cause me to hurl large objects in its general direction. The nice thing (if there's a nice thing) about tarantulas is that they hate the vibration made by cars, so you never, ever see one in town. Out on the rez, where the typical lot covers half a square block, yeah, they love that shit.

• Like 1

Faby Apache bleeds like a freak.  Lady Shani is Ludark Shatain's cousin so you thing she would know her way around a razor blade.

• Like 2

Ovett is a big fat guy with lots of blood to give.  Hard to believe he does a stripper gimmick now.  Lunatic bump at 9:13.  Third caida is INSANE.

• Like 1

Wow, how long was that pull-apart? Seven, eight minutes? 

Speaking of pull-aparts, this can go on here because Hansen incredulously blades for the Northern Chop of all moves. and has a screaming rant covered in blood after. Brody bleeds too because he's Brody. 

• Like 2

I feel like so much AAA I watch is a hugely overbooked clusterfuk, but man, they know how to at least book fun hugely overbooked clusterfucks. They remind me a lot of 1995=97 ECW where you only remember like a quarter of what you saw but you know you had a good time.

The six sided ring still sucks. Like maybe a third of even their own workers actually look comfortable with how it changes the angles.

If Faby Apache tells you to wear the minotaur outfit, you wear the fucking minotaur outfit.

• Like 2

Dunno if DEAN got to this one yet but here it is again if so. I watched the Ambulance Match with the Pastores and Invader I/Colon and expected it to be as bloody but it wasn't. Here though we get about a dozen closeups of bloodsoaked New Zealanders. They went the extra mile with the barbed wire in this one, wrapping it around the ropes like that so you can't even run them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Dunno if DEAN got to this one yet but here it is again if so. I watched the Ambulance Match with the Pastores and Invader I/Colon and expected it to be as bloody but it wasn't. Here though we get about a dozen closeups of bloodsoaked New Zealanders. They went the extra mile with the barbed wire in this one, wrapping it around the ropes like that so you can't even run them.

I was watching an interview with Luke Williams and he said they were the first guys to wrap it vertically so it was more dangerous, and thus the barbed wire match was always their blow-off match. He said they would do a street fight, then a lumberjack match, then a cage match and then their hideous barbed wire concept. God damn, the Sheepherders were hard core.

• Like 2

Speaking of hard core, the Dr. Tom/DWB match made me go back and watch the "I'd like to talk to Tom" angle again... fuuuuuuuck. I remembered the domestic violence part but not the HANGING WITH A NOOSE part. If I was one of those black cops, whether I was smartened up or not I'd probably have taken a nightstick to Tony Anthony.

Edited by Curt McGirt

37 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Speaking of hard core, the Dr. Tom/DWB match made me go back and watch the "I'd like to talk to Tom" angle again... fuuuuuuuck. I remembered the domestic violence part but not the HANGING WITH A NOOSE part. If I was one of those black cops, whether I was smartened up or not I'd probably have taken a nightstick to Tony Anthony.

The greatest thing in the history of wrestling.

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

This here's a four-part NWA Anarchy Wargames that Segunda tells me is soaked. It involves meat cleavers and claw hammers, soooooo I think it goes here and will report back after watching tomorrow. 

Reveal hidden contents

We might need to start up a "Man's Inhumanity to Man" thread, for stuff like that. 

• Haha 1

That Wargames was a fuckin blast, and completely insane. Slim J has to be nuts, he's one of those Darby Allin skinny psychos who don't mind just dying, and him and Ace Rockwell get destroyed by the nastiest cage throws ever. There are multiple times you think the cage is gonna fall over from it. All the weapons are crazy, Tank and Iceberg are hulking monstrosities, everyone plays a great role and the energy is through the roof. 

Spoiler

The Rejects get extra points for having their own Tiny from the Rob Zombie Devil's Rejects show up at the end as a Reese-sized dude in a Leatherface mask called Dominus. I marked out when that guy appeared out of nowhere.

And yeah... this is only the second match I've seen to involve a claw hammer, and the first to involve a meat cleaver.

• Like 1