DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

I think the world needs to bring back Ayako Hamada. Maybe she can go through a Black Terry phase, wrestling under tents, fighting young wrestlers on gravel outside the ring, slicing them open with beer bottles n shit. You know at least the Segunda Caida guys would love it.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Right, but is she on TV or cutting people with glass bottles?

I know her last match was against Ludark Shatain so I assume there was blood involved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

I know her last match was against Ludark Shatain so I assume there was blood involved.

I don't think there was but it was in a vacant lot in Mexico somewhere it tooked like. She's already done various death match style matches both mixed tags and singles for smaller regional shows there (if she was making 250 dollars USD per shot on some of those shows, I would be surprised). Hell, she did a match tagging with Ryuji Ito against Jun Kasai and Arisa Nakajima in Japan where the mission was to kill poor Arisa with various instruments and weapons.

IIRC There was another match she did for Jun's promotion I wanna say or a sister promotion that was ultraviolent around the same time. So she was on that trajectory a long time ago.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

IIRC There was another match she did for Jun's promotion I wanna say or a sister promotion that was ultraviolent around the same time. So she was on that trajectory a long time ago.

Found it! Yep, it was for FREEDOMS.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

We have a surprising lack of Brody in this thread. In other news, Terry Funk will damn near cut his ear off to get a match over. 

Now we're talkin'!

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Good lord, this is ten times worse. 

Eleven, twelve or twenty times worse due to Bobby Jaggers on commentary.  Ugh, that constant cartoonish laugh is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.  I know Hugo is trying, but I'm always so much happier when these videos have the original Spanish commentary, but hey, we take what we can get.  

This may be the first Trinidad and Tobago-based match I've seen, at least that I'm aware of.  I wonder how many more are floating around out there?  

• Like 1

This is not an over the top bloodbath by any means, but it is a very very good short match where blood is used effectively to enhance the action and crank up the heat. I think this match also could fit into the clubbering thread or the wrestling machines thread. These guys pack a whole lot of pro wrestling goodness into the few minutes they were given.

• Like 4

Who's the guy with the shaved head? I'm not up on my BJW guys since... well, 2010, probably. I know the other is Masashi Takeda and don't know the TLC match guys at all. The Takeda was a really nice house show death match. Barbed wire, please and thank you.

This was in the links. Shaved Head and I think isami kodaka have a really silly Salt and Light Tubes match and then Ito and the guy with the pants from the TLC match have a really stupid Cinderblock match. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 1:28 PM, Curt McGirt said:

We have a surprising lack of Brody in this thread. In other news, Terry Funk will damn near cut his ear off to get a match over. 

Every time I see Terry Funk throw that big left haymaker I think about Mick Foley's first book where Funk decked him. "Oh Cactus, all this time you just thought I was good."

• Like 2

If we're going to do "this deathmatch is extremely not good but yes there is blood" then this absolute nonsense happened:

Thankfully this is highlights. The best part of the whole thing is the guy that left the comment "Dam this is some good weed. For a second I thought a dude got dunked into a tank of piranhas".

• Haha 2