DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

I might just be blind, but I don't think there are any Sheepherders matches in this thread and that seems like a missed opportunity. Making pretty boy yanks spill some plasma was their calling and they were good at it! Poor Bobby Fulton sure was a bleeder, too.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Shane said:

I might just be blind, but I don't think there are any Sheepherders matches in this thread and that seems like a missed opportunity. Making pretty boy yanks spill some plasma was their calling and they were good at it! Poor Bobby Fulton sure was a bleeder, too.

I had that match up on my tablet awhile back and my wife happened upon the above screenie. "EW!" ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

PS That Sheepherders is def. a repeat, and we also had the barbed wire cage match on here too.

I posted it to the Clubbering thread before this glorious thread was created- so it is new to this blood sucking freaks thread.  Now we can celebrate the magnificent bloodbath that is Bobby Fulton's crimson mask in microcosm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Kanemura tries to hold the blood in his head to no avail. Nakamaki makes the world's least threatening run-in.

So this was the first run through of the Sullivan/Benoit brawl- except Benoit had better offense and bumped bigger.

• Like 1

Dr Tom sprays plasma like a Gallagher joke gone horribly wrong. This is not a repeat from two days ago.

(Including the promos leading into this because they are fucking awesome. "AH LOVE YOU TOO DUTCH!")

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

It's worth noting that Steve Corino already had gig marks all over his forehead in 2003. 2003.

You apparently missed his ECW run where early on he had no gig marks. Then, he decided to get juice on TV show and PPV. It got road mapish really fast. Like a year or so. Maybe less. He self mutilated his way up the card. Unfortunately, that was when ECW was just a sinking ship. So it was all for naught in that respect. However, he got some decent runs elsewhere for a good number of years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

(Including the promos leading into this because they are fucking awesome. "AH LOVE YOU TOO DUTCH!")

The funniest part is all the awkward twitching Bobby is doing in the background while everybody else is ranting ?

"I GOT THU HEEBA-JEEBIES!"

EDIT: Man, Bobby was in a way during the match too, stumbling around like the Sandman, pants falling down, tire (A FREAKIN' TIRE!) draped over him like a bandolero, bucket on his head. Then he goes and climbs the basketball goal! Did somebody dose him before this? 

Edited by Curt McGirt

27 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Not only did I miss that I missed all this ROH stuff too. I think the most ass-end ECW I saw was whatever's on the WWE DVDs... CW Anderson/Dreamer and ??? Are there any matches worth digging up? 

I'm partial to this:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The funniest part is all the awkward twitching Bobby is doing in the background while everybody else is ranting ?

"I GOT THU HEEBA-JEEBIES!"

No lie, I still get warm fuzzies every time Arn embraces his inner Southern babyface and pitches to "Ricko."

• Like 2

Flair/Kerry isn’t exactly my favorite match and I would love nothing more than a well enough known Flair match from the territories to pimp whenever I felt like it. I know I know they’re out there but they’re almost random. It just wasn’t quite what an 80s cage match was supposed to be then Terry Gordy tripping during the biggest spot didn’t help.

I do like some thing about the match. The story they were trying to tell between the Freebirds and VEs was pretty complex considering the time. They argued but never fought. Then Hayes really though his foot was on the rope and was just trying to call it straight. Then when he’s fed up he still doesn’t turn on Kerry and just gives it to him. He doesn’t take it so just walks off, still not turning. Then classic Flair seizes the attack from the background and finally Gordy turns and Hayes is like ok fine.

I think there’s another repeat on this page that nobody has caught.

The Corino match was insane at the time because people thought he would finally just kick his head off. I remember being drained by the main event of that card to because it was all so good.

On 8/6/2020 at 8:40 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Not only did I miss that I missed all this ROH stuff too. I think the most ass-end ECW I saw was whatever's on the WWE DVDs... CW Anderson/Dreamer and ??? Are there any matches worth digging up? 

Steve Corino vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri at ECW Hardcore Heaven 2000 and Corino vs. Jerry Lynn at Heat Wave 2000. One word to describe the latter: Die.

• Like 1

I am sure most of the people here know Roy Lucier, wrestling upload God and he saves our ass here. Only place I could find Great Muta vs Hakushi which 100% belongs here and dawned on me was missing. Muta literally writes the Japanese symbol for death in Hakushi's blood while the announcer shouts "DEATH" like he just saw the devil himself and it's the greatest shit. Maybe the best Freakshow vs Freakshow match. The bonus? This also has the Tenryu vs. Fujinami match where Tenryu just fucking demolishes Fujinami's nose legit for God knows what reason by punching him right in the face during a suicide dive. So honestly all of this belong here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1