DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

Oh MAN!  Carlos Colón and Hércules Ayala have a loser leaves town match and Carlos dons the Crimson Mask that is prolly the Puerto Rico standard that all others are judged against.  AND he is wearing white.  And it doesn't stay white for very long.  Presentation is key.

On 7/15/2020 at 2:38 AM, Shane said:

I watched AWA as a kid, but it was always way down the list of my favorites. Revisiting it years later, that’s largely still true, but I did grow to appreciate a lot of it. Crusher Blackwell, for example, is one of my 2-3 favorite superheavyweights ever.

You know who else is great? Stan fuckin’ Hansen. These two beat the shit out of each other and I just wish it was longer.

I wish Cleveland California had a longer AWA run. He never got enough TV time for my money...

Hijo del Santo/Negro Casas vs Bestia Salvaje/Scorpio Jr (CMLL March 19th, 1999) Double mask vs Double Hair match

No one man wins the prize here so much as I'm calling it a team effort to make the call that there is enough blood between the lot to get this in. Though I bet you can guess who starts bleeding almost the instant this begins. Absolutely wild match, I'm a little confused what the ending of the second fall actually was, but who cares. Great crazy fight.

• Like 1

That also happened here:

He was trying to give his Goodbye promo (it being his last match in the company) and their were all these clotted bloodworms hanging off his face.

L.A. Park y L.A. Park Jr. vs Rush y Bestia del Ring, Lucha Libre Boom (no date on the video but I think this is very late 2019?)

@DEAN 's influence on me is I now go to Youtube, see some fucked up bloody lucha screencap, and pretty much instantly decide I'm gonna watch that. Yes, let's blame DEAN for that, that's the story. Weirdly, the first half of this is a crazy fight all over the arena that caps out with a dude getting stabbed in the head with a bottle, then the second half is more or less all a wrestling match in the ring. I wonder if one of the promotion's staff said to the boys "what the fuck are you guys doing, calm down" or something. 

Featured in the comments on this video from one guy: "This is not wrestling!"

• Like 2

Strangely we haven't gotten any IWA Mid-South on here yet (to my knowledge). I've wanted to post some Necro Butcher but he ended up being a Nazi so here's some other methed-out construction workers beating each other up. 

This is just goofy. And very, very painful. Robinson will punch you right in the face too. 

Ian Rotten: "Shit like that'll make ya wanna do the pee-pee dance!"

I recall their ROH matches being bloodier and better but this is pretty gnarly. Watch the ref pick the wire out of Jimmy's back -- quite the thankless task.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

https://youtu.be/jg3NX_MAeiE

BLUE DEMON vs L.A.PARK Mano a Mano Lucha Estelar Extrema 1/Oct/2016

Youtube won't allow this one to be embedded for some reason. LA Park treats Blue Demon like a human pinata who is full of blood for a few minutes. Eventually Blue Demon returns the favor. Masks are ripped, people are kicked in the balls, referees are bumped. This is Paul Heyman's wet dream of what ECW could have been. It's fucking great.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

https://youtu.be/jg3NX_MAeiE

BLUE DEMON vs L.A.PARK Mano a Mano Lucha Estelar Extrema 1/Oct/2016

Youtube won't allow this one to be embedded for some reason. LA Park treats Blue Demon like a human pinata who is full of blood for a few minutes. Eventually Blue Demon returns the favor. Masks are ripped, people are kicked in the balls, referees are bumped. This is Paul Heyman's wet dream of what ECW could have been. It's fucking great.

4 million views for this beauty of a match!

• Like 1