DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

Guest Edwin
5 hours ago, El Boricua said:

I sometimes pop in and post here as well. Leave it to Carlos and Kobbo deciding that they were better off making money off of this. And for those that listened to the latest episode of Between the Sheets, here's the TV episode of Ojeda we talked about where Carlos, Invader and Chicky try to put the kayfabe genie back in the bottle. It includes a clip of the Invader 3 blood geyser to satisfy the blood theme of the thread.

I forgot to mention on the show that the episode was titled Gladiadores o Payasos del Ring, which translates to Gladiators or Clowns of the Ring.

Ojeda! That's a name I never thought I'd read around these parts. It's crazy how everyone knows it's all a work, yet how the local crowds still buy into it.

Anyway, here's Chicky apparently getting his skull cracked by Invader #3 and a 2x4. Even includes him getting stitched up.

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Nakamaki is probably about as athletic as your average message board poster, but that motherfucker tried so hard.

Cactus Jack said this and more about the guy in his first book. About as good of a compliment a guy could get at the time, and it was made before comments were just shared and recycled snippets of people’s thoughts that weren’t their own. 

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

This goes here for the absurd glass bump Yamada takes at 15:00 in. Aside from that this is a bunch of wandering brawling from anonymous IWA Japan guys who nobody ever heard from again. Ishikawa's shirt gets stained up pretty good though. 

KISHIN KAWABATA!

21 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Since @DEAN's now posting wrestling from Puerto Rico, we can swap roles and I'll post lucha.

RIBBON OF BLOOD!  El Hijo del Santo is sooo going to win this whole thing,

I watched AWA as a kid, but it was always way down the list of my favorites. Revisiting it years later, that’s largely still true, but I did grow to appreciate a lot of it. Crusher Blackwell, for example, is one of my 2-3 favorite superheavyweights ever.

You know who else is great? Stan fuckin’ Hansen. These two beat the shit out of each other and I just wish it was longer.

• Like 4

From the Weekly Pro Wrestling Dome show. Foley almost makes history by getting the Dome evacuated trying to set a board on fire (as he wrote about in his first book) and they save the match by doing a ridiculous dive train. Guess who actually gets the pinfall? 

Oh yeah and there is a lot of blood. I didn't see Cactus ripping his arm open but it's bad.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

From the Weekly Pro Wrestling Dome show. Foley almost makes history by getting the Dome evacuated trying to set a board on fire (as he wrote about in his first book) and they save the match by doing a ridiculous dive train. Guess who actually gets the pinfall? 

Oh yeah and there is a lot of blood. I didn't see Cactus ripping his arm open but it's bad.

I haven’t gotten around to watching this but it’s on my list of possible alltime favorite matches left to watch.

• Like 2

My favourite thing in that match is about 7 and a half minutes in, Terry Funk just full on swings a baseball bat at Cactus Jack's head and trust he's gonna duck in time. Because if he doesn't, uh....

God, what an absolute mess. God bless wrestling.

• Like 3

Yeah those swings were ridiculously fast. Nobody in wrestling ever swings a bat like you really swing a bat... not there though. 

Screencap kinda says it all -- another User Signup Special. This looks to basically be a "Kanemura Produce" show where he has three matches with all the FMW staff at the time. The second match has the totally bizarre combination of Ricky Fuji, who busts out the fastest, wildest tope in his whole worthless career, and Yuki Ishikawa (?) who is dressed up like Muta (!) and wrestles like neither. There's also a Pogo carving where he sticks a knife in a guy's mouth.

• Like 2

SCORE! I finally found a Matsunaga match where he hits a gusher. Busa, as you can see, does him one better, and Tanaka and W*ING keep up. This is also a killer tag match with a vicious and hot as hell beatdown at the end that has the crowd RUSHING THE RING. One of the best FMW matches period.

• Like 4

The Mighty Igor sure does bleed a whole bunch.  This is what made Apter mags great.  He outbleeds fucking Joe Leduc.  JOE LEDUC.

• Like 2

Hayabusa is another of those guys (like 2 Cold Scorpio) who was small for his time, but he'd seem huge by today's standards.