DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

To reset the level of this deal,  here is a perfectly fine Terry Gordy crimson mask.  This would have been very impressive 24 hours ago....

Guest Edwin
9 hours ago, Shane said:

Buzz wasn’t the only Sawyer willing to tap a vein...

Yeah, we can lock this thread. It's going to be almost impossible to top this.

I was watching the Hack Sawyer match and was like yeah that’s alot of blood but to much? Compared to many other matches? Naw. But then I saw the closeup interview and that’s up there lol! I don’t know how he was yelling like that without aggravating the cut again. 

Buzz Sawyer went to Portland to avenge his brother in a cross promotion deal I think.

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Like 1

O4:03 for the blade job by Vince McMahon in the Buried Alive match vs. The Undertaker. Jump to 10:55 for one of the sickest weapon shots you'll ever hear and reaction to it from The Undertaker, the commentators and the crowd. You hear Taker actually ask if Vince is okay because of it. Fucking nasty.

Edited by The Natural

Even sicker was this chair shot by Undertaker to Mr Kennedy at Survivor Series 2006 for the sound, the chair wrapped round Kennedy's head and the crowd/commentators reaction. Jump to 0:50.

Edited by The Natural

Guest Edwin
7 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Carlos Colon faces a puppeteer and holy lord, Kobbo took his aspirin that morning. The origins of the feud were mentioned in part one of this week's Between the Sheets.

Don't know what Between the Sheets is, but the background on this match:

Kobbo Santarosa was a TV personality. He played a lady puppet gossip TV show called SuperXclusivo in Puerto Rico in which the puppet was known as La Comay along with several other co-host. At the time, his co-host was another TV character who was known as Hector Traviezo. The show was huge in Puerto Rico for years. They built this up as a legit fight in which Carlos Colón was going to get revenge on Kobbo for all the gossip he's spewed on his program through the years about various celebrities. Of course it turned out to be a huge draw as fans brought into it. The match then happened and folks kind of soured on afterwards as they realized it was all a work and Kobbo wasn't getting the beating they were all hoping for.

Here's La Comay:

PUPPET-superJumbo.jpg

Every so often wrestling angles would be run on local Puerto Rican TV shows. There's the famous Ray Gonzalez slap of Sunshine Logroño on Club Shinshine:

There's the local TV show clown Trompetilla played by Raymond Arrieta vs. Rico Suave match they built on El Show de Raymond:

The Invader #1 and Savio Vega brawl on No Te Duermas in which Invader was defending local TV celebrity Avelino Muñoz:

And a bonus.

When IWA was starting up, they began airing their TV show at 11:00 PM on Friday nights. That's when they originally aired the IWA Jr. heavyweight title tournament with Tajiri, Super Crazy, Jeff Hardy, Alexander Otsuka, The Great Sasuke, Tiger Mask, etc. IWA was a quick hit in the ratings, but before IWA, there was a local sketch show called Estudio 69. They had a famous wrestling spoof sketch they called EFW. There was a Carlos Colón parody called Ito Rolón and a parody of The Rock called La Piedra which is a Spanish for The Rock.

Here's a clip of Ito Rolón vs. The Rock:

3 hours ago, Edwin said:

Don't know what Between the Sheets is, but the background on this match:

This week's Between the Sheets was split into 2 parts and part 1 was 2 1/2 hours of July 2002 WWC/IWA talk with ElBoricuaPWO (who posts on PWO and Twitter but I don't know if he posts on here)

So yeah, the off-screen situation also involved the puppet exposing the business and Colon being unhappy about that.

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

This week's Between the Sheets was split into 2 parts and part 1 was 2 1/2 hours of July 2002 WWC/IWA talk with ElBoricuaPWO (who posts on PWO and Twitter but I don't know if he posts on here)

So yeah, the off-screen situation also involved the puppet exposing the business and Colon being unhappy about that.

I had no idea that was a podcast, thanks!

I'm familiar with El Boricua. His posts are usually more detailed than mine and I think he still resides in Puerto Rico.

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but the business had already been exposed on TV there years before, but that didn't stop folks from believing. I remember there was an investigative TV show called Ahora Podemos Hablar Con Carmen Jovet and they did a special edition with someone pulling an Eddie Mansfield in the late 90's, but that didn't hurt business a bit.

Carlos was working. He knew a match with Kobbo was something that would draw as locals loved the show, but hated Kobbo and just wanted to see someone put a beating on him. IIRC, the match first aired on a local TV show and it got a ton of backlash as kayfabe was still a thing and fans feel they got ripped off when they realized it was a work.

Edited by Edwin

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

O4:03 for the blade job by Vince McMahon in the Buried Alive match vs. The Undertaker. Jump to 10:55 for one of the sickest weapon shots you'll ever hear and reaction to it from The Undertaker, the commentators and the crowd. You hear Taker actually ask if Vince is okay because of it. Fucking nasty.

Did he blade and then take the punch to open it on up like Cactus Jack used to do? Or did he go down after the punch and just straight gig himself?

And that shovel shot belongs on any alltime best chairshot ballot even though it wasn’t a chair tbh. That was a nuke to the head. If The Undertaker wouldn’t have asked if he was alright I would have thought it was a perfectly timed sound effect like WCW used to do. 

A best chairshot thread would be epic, but I’ll leave that up to bosses here. I understand chairshots aren’t people’s favorite things anymore and I don’t want to see them return but I don’t think they should be ignored throughout history similar to other issues in the world either because they were a big part of wrestling history.

3 hours ago, Edwin said:

I had no idea that was a podcast, thanks!

I'm familiar with El Boricua. His posts are usually more detailed than mine and I think he still resides in Puerto Rico.

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but the business had already been exposed on TV there years before, but that didn't stop folks from believing. I remember there was an investigative TV show called Ahora Podemos Hablar Con Carmen Jovet and they did a special edition with someone pulling an Eddie Mansfield in the late 90's, but that didn't hurt business a bit.

Carlos was working. He knew a match with Kobbo was something that would draw as locals loved the show, but hated Kobbo and just wanted to see someone put a beating on him. IIRC, the match first aired on a local TV show and it got a ton of backlash as kayfabe was still a thing and fans feel they got ripped off when they realized it was a work.

I sometimes pop in and post here as well. Leave it to Carlos and Kobbo deciding that they were better off making money off of this. And for those that listened to the latest episode of Between the Sheets, here's the TV episode of Ojeda we talked about where Carlos, Invader and Chicky try to put the kayfabe genie back in the bottle. It includes a clip of the Invader 3 blood geyser to satisfy the blood theme of the thread.

I forgot to mention on the show that the episode was titled Gladiadores o Payasos del Ring, which translates to Gladiators or Clowns of the Ring.

• Like 1

Hey!  It's Shunji Takano, the Japanese Barry Windham.  His offense always just looks fucking awesome.  Shoji Nakamaki bleeds a bit.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Hey!  It's Shunji Takano, the Japanese Barry Windham.  His offense always just looks fucking awesome.  Shoji Nakamaki bleeds a bit.

Hah, I remember getting this match on some old commercial tape and having absolutely no fucking clue who Shunji Takano was. I honestly don't think he showed up on anything else I owned before or since that I can think of, but he sure acted like a big deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Hah, I remember getting this match on some old commercial tape and having absolutely no fucking clue who Shunji Takano was. I honestly don't think he showed up on anything else I owned before or since that I can think of, but he sure acted like a big deal.

Takano was El Gran Zebra in Michinoku Pro and that's when I fell in love with him.  He should have been born in North Texas.

Holy shit, that match! Takano comes out and he's 2 cool 4 school. Love it. I have vague memories of him being a bit of a dork in both NJPW and AJPW in the '80s then being promoted to bigger things in SWS. He's massive and has dope hair. So yeah, he's cool and he knows it. Then suddenly, he loses all that chill and goes right after Nakamaki. I'm laughing hard at Nakamaki bringing in a table to dive off of, only to replicate what I'm sure an obese 75-year-old person would look like if they tried to do a splash off the top, MISSES, then lands FACE FIRST IN TACKS. Amazing spot. Give that man the $10,000. IWA Japan and Nakamaki are my new thing now I think. I just want to watch AJW and IWA Japan.

Now that AEW is a thing, if I came into a stupid amount of money and could be a money mark for a bit, my promotion would be Japanese women's wrestling with a modern day Nakamaki as the sideshow in all sorts of double hell exploding ring matches, like an inverse of how women's wrestling has been treated in men's promotions since the dawn of wrestling. Intermissions would have to be like 45 minutes to tear down the stupid gimmicks from the Nakamaki match but HE NEVER GETS TO MAIN EVENT.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

Not the bloodiest match, but the blood that's there is thanks to a more legit disfiguring injury, as opposed to a blade job. This is one of those "Do you want to know how I got this scar?" matches. 'Warhorse' Jake Parnell (before his caps lock button broke) vs Gary Jay: