DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

10 hours ago, gordi said:

What kills me, what absolutely slays me about Headhunter A vs Headhunter B is that almost every noisy and vocal fan in attendance has decided - for whatever reason - to throw their support behind Headhunter B. You occasionally hear someone yell out "A!" but each and every time they are drowned out by people who are all like "No, dude, B! B! BEEEEE!" 

Is it because, being "B" he is a natural underdog? Was there an 'Owen resents Bret' type of storyline leading into this one? And if so, was Headhunter B playing the Bret role or the Owen one?

Also, I can still remember a line from the write up in DVDVR 100 where they said that this was a great match to watch with a friend if you wanted to show them that the world is a truly fucked up place, or something like that. It occurs to me now that it was quite likely DEAN who wrote that line. DEAN, was that you?

The match happened when A turned on B, because B got pinned in two high profile matches (the first one was the six man in the Tokyo Dome, the second was against Los Cowboys for the Tag Titles I think). So B was the babyface in the match.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This match is awesome mainly because it could be here or it could be posted to Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine.  But Espanto Jr's bloodiness goes into the blood-sucking freak area.  So here ya go.  This is fucking awesome.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Man, in PR even HUGO got carved up! Features the close-up stitching that we could not find before -- be forewarned. 

Oh man, I miss Billy Joe Travis.

• Like 1

I was at an IWA Japan show and confirmed to Gypsy Joe that Billy Joe Travis died. The next question was "drugs?", and I confirmed that too. 

Billy Joe was good Gypsy Joe was good, I still watch WWC on TV, and would watch any PR lucha that would show up on my cable.

• Like 1

Going through early '90s footage with friends and Billy Joe Travis has been one of the, if not the, revelation of our viewings. He was not an outstanding wrestler and certainly didn't reinvent the wheel but he was such a good Southern dirtbag, chickenshit heel. He filled those boots perfectly.

• Like 2

I feel like there is an underrepresented party here. Oh yes, it's ladies night and the feeling's right....

If I can find Mima Shimoda vs. Mayumi Ozaki from the first or second ever OZ Academy show on Youtube or Dailymotion, I'm posting that shit (it's on Veoh but you can't embed it here and the quality isn't the best). Now that was absurd levels of blood in addition to being the two worst disguised referee done blade jobs in history.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Since you got the Dailymotion account, could you do us a solid and put up Aja/KAORU too? I was gonna do it on Youtube but it'd probably be taken down for some dumb reason.

I actually got that match on a DVD from Lorefice about two months ago because the YT account that had it up got nuked. I'll try to figure out a way to get it up if no one else does.

• Thanks 1

This is from 1988.  El Hijo del Santo and León Chino don't rip each other's masks open so it just soaks in.  Santo gets full red mask all the way around.  It's awesome.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 5:37 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I still don't know how they knew the difference between the two when one or the other went on offense. It wasn't like the post-diabetes Headhunters where one was considerably smaller. 

They were wearing different color tights

• Thanks 1

Guest Edwin

16 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Is... Santo going to be the secret star of the blood thread? I didn't see that coming.

This has been well documented for years. Pick a Santo apuestas match or a match from the Negro series and it's a dramatic bloodbath.

Ricky Santana, as @DEAN pinpointed earlier is a good one. Dude is an under the radar blood freak.

Edited by Edwin