DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

20 hours ago, DEAN said:

JIMINY fuckin CRICKETS!  Pirata Morgan is the biggest, greatest blood sucking freak.

Pierroth is still the MVP of this for my money.

• Like 1

I don’t think the crowds were purposefully segregated. I think that’s just how everybody sat lol! If they had a rasslin show there today that’s how everybody would sit. That part of this state is the roughest part left, just barely outdoing Taylor and Lafayette counties that sit side by side just like the south side of Leon (Tallahassee), south side of Franklin and all of Wakulla sit. In between is where I live in Jefferson County and together, rednecks and all, this string of counties makes up the last of old Florida. If that toll road comes through that will be it. Might as well rename it Jefferson-Dade and buy a shitload of water filters.

• Like 1

Norvell Austin/Jerry Lawler vs. Phil Hickerson/Dennis Condrey. I could watch Lawler punch Hickerson in the face all day. This is a slightly meaner Lawler, too, as he’s happy to grind his knuckles into an open wound. 

• Like 2

Guest Edwin
On 7/3/2020 at 12:28 PM, DEAN said:

I counter the Puerto Rican bloodbaths with a Mexican bloodbath.  Yes.  It's Sangre Chicana vs MS-1.

?

9 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I don’t think the crowds were purposefully segregated. I think that’s just how everybody sat lol! If they had a rasslin show there today that’s how everybody would sit. That part of this state is the roughest part left, just barely outdoing Taylor and Lafayette counties that sit side by side just like the south side of Leon (Tallahassee), south side of Franklin and all of Wakulla sit. In between is where I live in Jefferson County and together, rednecks and all, this string of counties makes up the last of old Florida. If that toll road comes through that will be it. Might as well rename it Jefferson-Dade and buy a shitload of water filters.

No doubt the segregation wasn't enforced by anything other than custom by that point. I was just not used to it, at least not at the rasslin matches. I'm still in Tallahassee, by the way, and have friends in Monticello. I know the area well.

• Like 1

I checked and this the appearance of Savio TNT Vega in this.  I'm not sure where this is in the hierarchy of PR Crimson Masks, but it gets honorable mention for being number one in the Nothing To Full Immersion In 15 Seconds category.

Guest Edwin
37 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I checked and this the appearance of Savio TNT Vega in this.  I'm not sure where this is in the hierarchy of PR Crimson Masks, but it gets honorable mention for being number one in the Nothing To Full Immersion In 15 Seconds category.

Gruesome, but it probably wouldn't even rank in the top 50 as there's some wild bloodbaths in Puerto Rican wrestling history.

Puerto Rico was one of the few territories still causing crowd riots in the post Attitude Era. IWA may have caused the last riot in Puerto Rican wrestling at the same venue from that match. I remember they got a lot of publicity for it as fans were throwing trash cans and chairs from the stands into the front row and over the guardrail. It was absolutely bonkers.

IWA was such a hot product back then, they had to continuously turn fans away as the venue was always at full capacity and even then fans would still find ways to sneak in.

Guest Edwin

Bonus:

Timestamped. One of the loudest pops you'll ever here for Ray Gonzales unmasking and then a gruesome beat down.

Puerto Rican wrestling was truly the best.

23 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Bonus:

Timestamped. One of the loudest pops you'll ever here for Ray Gonzales unmasking and then a gruesome beat down.

Puerto Rican wrestling was truly the best.

IWA was so damn fun, especially during that 2000-2003 period where they had WWC on the ropes. I'd also forgotten how smoking hot Gonzalez' valet (Abriela?) was.

What exactly was the deal with the WWC lawsuit against Gonzalez? His name? Is that why he was under the hood?

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

When Savio finally comes out, you can see the fans by the entrance literally jumping up and down in unison. Every bit of this is great. 

I sorta wish Thunder y Lightning had any sort of run in a mainland US company. As far as PR Wrestling goes, they're among my favorites. They didn't always get the best competition to work with, though.

Edited by Shane

The most Puerto Rican match ever.  Man, Miguel Perez was great and makes this match make it though the blood is a bit pedestrian.

On 6/27/2020 at 11:57 AM, Curt McGirt said:

2. A match that is a total bloodfeast with nothing else going for it. Somebody made Mom cry at the dinner table during Thanksgiving (possibly for eating the entire turkey) and the brothers are gonna have it out. 

And go figure, what album was I listening to when I saw this thread was made? Under the Blade by Defleshed ?

What kills me, what absolutely slays me about Headhunter A vs Headhunter B is that almost every noisy and vocal fan in attendance has decided - for whatever reason - to throw their support behind Headhunter B. You occasionally hear someone yell out "A!" but each and every time they are drowned out by people who are all like "No, dude, B! B! BEEEEE!" 

Is it because, being "B" he is a natural underdog? Was there an 'Owen resents Bret' type of storyline leading into this one? And if so, was Headhunter B playing the Bret role or the Owen one?

Also, I can still remember a line from the write up in DVDVR 100 where they said that this was a great match to watch with a friend if you wanted to show them that the world is a truly fucked up place, or something like that. It occurs to me now that it was quite likely DEAN who wrote that line. DEAN, was that you?

Edited by gordi
  • Like 3

Guest Edwin
On 7/7/2020 at 5:36 PM, Pete said:

IWA was so damn fun, especially during that 2000-2003 period where they had WWC on the ropes. I'd also forgotten how smoking hot Gonzalez' valet (Abriela?) was.

What exactly was the deal with the WWC lawsuit against Gonzalez? His name? Is that why he was under the hood?

There was talks about the lawsuit being about 2 things: One was over the name and the other was over Ray having been signed to WWC.

IWA was incredible in that time period. There was wild, bloody brawl at an IWA show when they were on a bit of decline between Savio Vega and Necro Butcher, but it never made tape. I was at the venue and was losing my mind as folks had no idea who Necro was, but they still popped like crazy for Savio's offense.

84975036_106011914208929_660860314506369

Edit: I also saw a wild bloody brawl between Ray Gonzalez and Jerry Estrada, yes, that Jerry Estrada in front of 250 people in a small town in the south of Puerto Rico at a house show. That definitely didn't make tape though as they didn't tape the house shows in the smaller venues.

Edited by Edwin

2 hours ago, gordi said:

What kills me, what absolutely slays me about Headhunter A vs Headhunter B is that almost every noisy and vocal fan in attendance has decided - for whatever reason - to throw their support behind Headhunter B. You occasionally hear someone yell out "A!" but each and every time they are drowned out by people who are all like "No, dude, B! B! BEEEEE!" 

Is it because, being "B" he is a natural underdog? Was there an 'Owen resents Bret' type of storyline leading into this one? And if so, was Headhunter B playing the Bret role or the Owen one?

Also, I can still remember a line from the write up in DVDVR 100 where they said that this was a great match to watch with a friend if you wanted to show them that the world is a truly fucked up place, or something like that. It occurs to me know that it was quite likely DEAN who wrote that line. DEAN, was that you?

I reviewed it.

• Thanks 1

Hahaha, that music from the intro was what NJPW World used for Ishii's theme song before they got the rights to air it on World.

Gotta love a match where one participant is bleeding buckets before the match even starts. ? Sweet Van Daminator for the big comeback. 

• Like 2