DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

I counter the Puerto Rican bloodbaths with a Mexican bloodbath.  Yes.  It's Sangre Chicana vs MS-1.

• Like 2

This match belongs in the “blood pouring out” subtopic earlier in this thread. Gash and splash for sure.

I can’t believe I forgot it for the same reason as I pimped the IWA match. It even has 1 of the guys in it from the other famous IWA match. This was usually on whatever first blood comp tape people bought. Unfortunately it was edited.

If psychology and work is your thing forget this. Busted open and throwing a headbutt lol! This was probably many 90s babies first blood pouring out match and barbed wire boards match. Weird match really. These guys had many good matches but aside from the gore and the crowd being legit scared of the big boys this wasn’t one. It looked like it was in a tiny gym with the retractable bleachers closed, and a small number of chairs at ringside. 

• Like 2

On 6/27/2020 at 10:55 PM, AxB said:

If only he'd thought to wear a white shirt, instead of a black one.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:42 AM, The Natural said:

Great shout. One of my favourite ECW matches. Couldn't have turned out any better.

Beulah2-e1481128936411.jpg?q=50&fit=crop

This picture is new to me.

• Like 3

Hangman Bobby Jaggers, DADDY!  Ricky Santana bleeds more though it would appear that Jaggers has a VAST supply of blood a his disposal.  Being really fat and all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Geez, Dean, you just reminded me of one of the saddest cards I ever attended. Dusty Rhodes' PWF came to Tallahassee with pretty much no TV or promotion and drew about 500 people to a 12,000 seat arena. The place was deathly quiet. One of the early matches was Steve Keirn against Bobby Jaggers.  This was Steve's second match of the night and he seemed a little pissed at having to sub for whoever no-showed. The place was so silent you could literally hear anything a fan yelled at the ring. At one point, Keirn had Jaggers in a toe hold of some sort. Some guy yelled out, "Put the figure four on him, Steve." And Keirn yelled back, "I can't. He's too fat!" I felt really bad for Jaggers, because he really was in woeful shape. Sigh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2020 at 11:48 AM, Curt McGirt said:

We need the video from PR of the dude from the Rock'n'Roll RPMs getting the picture frame busted over his head and getting injected with Novocaine and stitched up after. That was flat-out grisly, and dude had a look on his face like his dog just died.

Ricky Banderas and Apollo re-enacted that and it is awesome.  So much blood.  The picture frame in Puerto Rico is what a cake given by the girl scouts is to Mid-Atlantic.

• Like 2

I saw Gordy v. Khan and Rose/Somers v. Midnight Rockers on TV whilst I was living in Chicago, and when soon I moved to NYC it hurt my heart that I didn't have access to this level of color-full brutality as WWF was kneed eep in the Kiddy Circus Hogan Era. Sometimes I could catch something on the telly at a bar, or my pal Arthur in TX would describe Southwest Championship Wrestling episodes to me. Apter mags helped.  No pics in the WON, and tape trading was in it's infancy. I should have started a support group. "Hi, my name will eventually be thee Reverend Axl Future and this is my first BSFA meeting --" "HI, SOON TO BE THEE REVEREND AXL FUTURE" "--and I am a krovvy angle addict, and I can't wait for the invention of ECW".

Anyway, seeing those two matches in a short time made me appreciate the territories --- and then Mr. McMahon got rolling.

- RAF, 35 year chipper

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 12:21 AM, LP Steve said:

Geez, Dean, you just reminded me of one of the saddest cards I ever attended. Dusty Rhodes' PWF came to Tallahassee with pretty much no TV or promotion and drew about 500 people to a 12,000 seat arena. The place was deathly quiet. One of the early matches was Steve Keirn against Bobby Jaggers.  This was Steve's second match of the night and he seemed a little pissed at having to sub for whoever no-showed. The place was so silent you could literally hear anything a fan yelled at the ring. At one point, Keirn had Jaggers in a toe hold of some sort. Some guy yelled out, "Put the figure four on him, Steve." And Keirn yelled back, "I can't. He's too fat!" I felt really bad for Jaggers, because he really was in woeful shape. Sigh. 

I’m guessing you’re referring to Dusty’s return to FL just before it finally dried up. My old man grew up on FL and used to see it every time it came to the old place that’s not there anymore on Capital Circle at the Crawfordville Hwy I think. Might have been the Big Ben Jai-Halai place on Hwy 20 (lol!). Talked about it until his death and he didn’t talk about many things. I wish I could find Dusty Rhodes vs Pak Song which was his favorite match. We’re from Monticello. I recently found this that I thought w neat. We were pecan farmers, and by extension pecan buyers. Idk if you know what all that means but that means we know the names of all these little towns lol Newberry Fl...never would have guessed Dusty Rhodes wrestled in that town.

https://sportsandwrestling.mywowbb.com/forum2/42917-11.html

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

I saw Gordy v. Khan and Rose/Somers v. Midnight Rockers on TV whilst I was living in Chicago, and when soon I moved to NYC it hurt my heart that I didn't have access to this level of color-full brutality as WWF was kneed eep in the Kiddy Circus Hogan Era. 

This was always how I felt. I grew up with MidAtlantic TV, Worldwide etc and WWF TV and I was like wtf at WWF even back then. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 3:42 AM, The Natural said:

Great shout. One of my favourite ECW matches. Couldn't have turned out any better.

Interesting fact: There was a TON of heat on Fonzie because he was involved in Tod Gordon's scheme to secretly raid the ECW roster and go to WCW and this match basically saved his job.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I’m guessing you’re referring to Dusty’s return to FL just before it finally dried up. My old man grew up on FL and used to see it every time it came to the old place that’s not there anymore on Capital Circle at the Crawfordville Hwy I think. Might have been the Big Ben Jai-Halai place on Hwy 20 (lol!). Talked about it until his death and he didn’t talk about many things. I wish I could find Dusty Rhodes vs Pak Song which was his favorite match. We’re from Monticello. I recently found this that I thought w neat. We were pecan farmers, and by extension pecan buyers. Idk if you know what all that means but that means we know the names of all these little towns lol Newberry Fl...never would have guessed Dusty Rhodes wrestled in that town.

https://sportsandwrestling.mywowbb.com/forum2/42917-11.html

The actual show I was talking about was at the Civic Center, where FSU plays basketball. It was Dusty's last gasp in Florida, around 1989. I think the place your Dad went was the Tallahassee Sports Stadium, an old Butler building with bleachers on two sides and folding chairs around the ring. I went there once when I first came to Tallahassee in 75-76. I'd just moved over from Jacksonville, where I went to the matches at the 10,000 seat Coliseum every week. Was not at all ready for the culture shock of the little Tallahassee place. My friends and I -- who may have been a little high, maybe-- walked in and plopped down on the near set of bleachers without much thought. We sat there shooting the shit while the crowd came in and we waited for the first match. At some point, one of us noticed that we were the only white people on our side of the building. Then we looked across to the other set of bleachers and saw nothing but white people. We were sort of stunned-- even redneck Jacksonville had integrated crowds at the wrestling matches. We stayed put on the black side of the arena that night. We also never went back there.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, sabremike said:

Interesting fact: There was a TON of heat on Fonzie because he was involved in Tod Gordon's scheme to secretly raid the ECW roster and go to WCW and this match basically saved his job.

Yeah, Paul E. and I think Tommy Dreamer admitted as much in the Rise and Fall of ECW documentary. Somebody had bugged a conference call and it was Tod and everybody talking to somebody in WCW (Terry Taylor?)  about who they could get to come over. Fonzie being the trooper he was after getting outed then did THAT bladejob.

https://ringthedamnbell.wordpress.com/2015/04/15/the-ecw-mole-did-tod-gordon-try-to-sabotage-his-own-creation/