DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

Watched Cactus/Goto. Pretty good, funny to see Foley drop down into a Fujiwara at one point. The bottle stuff was nasty but Foley's cut closed up quick. 

A question, has there been a serious MOTYC death match since the early 2000s? Last I can remember being pimped so hard is some of the Big Japan stuff (Sasaki/Miyamoto is still #1 and the best) and the Necro Butcher matches with Joe and Toby Klein. 

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Watched Cactus/Goto. Pretty good, funny to see Foley drop down into a Fujiwara at one point. The bottle stuff was nasty but Foley's cut closed up quick. 

A question, has there been a serious MOTYC death match since the early 2000s? Last I can remember being pimped so hard is some of the Big Japan stuff (Sasaki/Miyamoto is still #1 and the best) and the Necro Butcher matches with Joe and Toby Klein. 

My brain seems to think that Abdullah Kobayashi v. Takashi Sasaki from March 31, 2006 was the best death match I'd ever seen from Big Japan, but the match was 14 years ago, I'm middle aged, and we're in a fucking pandemic, so perhaps I'm misremembering my opinion of that match v. Sasaki/Miyamoto or Honma/Yamakawa

Your actual mileage may vary

Via Ditch: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hkdq8uw1cz93c1u

Can't go wrong with either Sasaki/Miyamoto or Honma/Yamakawa. I should probably watch Sasaki/Kobayashi. I don't think I've seen it or if I did, I don't remember it because it didn't have a slam off of a giant scaffold IIRC. 

46 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

This should have been here from the first page

This match isn't nearly as icky as I remember seeing it the first time.

We've all been desensitized from years of Big Japan, CZW and IWA-MS. That said it's still gross as fuck. I watched it not long ago and it still made me uncomfortable, more from knowing the danger they really ended up in at the end probably. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Ppl speak very highly of Isami Kodaka vs. Masashi Takeda from June 2018.

• Like 1

Eddie Guerrero vs. JBL at Judgment Day 2004 is the first that always comes to my mind. 24:46 in. Crimson mask with all the blood Eddie lost. Look at the state of the mat. Surprised I was the first to mention this.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

Two others:

Shawn Michaels, 33:24 vs. The Undertaker, Hell in a Cell match at In Your House 18: Badd Blood 1997.

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar inside Hell in a Cell at No Mercy 2002, 22:27 mark.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 5:08 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Janela vs Ciclope from GCW The Untouchables is supposed to have been really good. Janela also had some great matches with D***d S***r in Beyond Wrestling, a Fans Bring the Weapons at Heavy Lies the Crown '17, a No-Rope Barbed Wire at Americanrana '18 (which is on YouTube) and a 60 minute Iron Man at Americanrana '19.

Yeah, it's time for some Chicky Starr.  I LOVE that they start out wrestling with their capes on.  Chicky bleeds early and voluminously.

• Like 1

I know that's a very divisive match because it's absolute peak "non-wrestler takes crazy stunt bumps and makes the main roster look bad", and I acknowledge it's a hugely problematic match for at the very least that reason, but I have such great memories of that one. I watched it live on PPV with a buddy, we were both kinda drunk (buddies and drinking? I no longer have time for that in 2020), and we laughed our asses off and had a great time watching Shane try to get himself killed on PPV. Honestly as much fun as I had watching wrestling.

I don't know if that is a story that exactly covers me in glory but there it is.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I know that's a very divisive match because it's absolute peak "non-wrestler takes crazy stunt bumps and makes the main roster look bad", and I acknowledge it's a hugely problematic match for at the very least that reason

I wouldn't worry about that in this thread.  The threshold is "Blood Sucking Freaks".  Quality wrestling is incidental.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

For the GCW World Heavyweight Championship. Shlak vs the Motherfucking God of this shit. Nick Fucking Gage. MDK All Fuckin' Day et cetera.

• Like 1

This is awesome.  Eddie Colon is the SECRET blood sucking freak of Puerto Rico.  Just because he is one of the better wrestlers in the world doesn't mean he won't hit a gusher for kicks.  Chicky Starr also bleeds immensely in this.

Guest Edwin
10 hours ago, DEAN said:

Eddie Colon is the SECRET blood sucking freak of Puerto Rico.

He's Carlos son, that's almost a requirement. 

We need the video from PR of the dude from the Rock'n'Roll RPMs getting the picture frame busted over his head and getting injected with Novocaine and stitched up after. That was flat-out grisly, and dude had a look on his face like his dog just died.

• Like 1