DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

I haven’t seen The Last Battle of Atlanta yet but I assumed that belonged. I wonder what a 10 best Tommy Rich matches ever list would be. I haven’t seen much of his best work but I’m a huge fan of his as he was the Sunday afternoon main event match guy for all those years growing up. He would always get effed out of the win but then when I went to a Worldwide taping he wasn’t there all night...then finally he came out and low and behold he won a squash. On TV weeks later that was used to build him up for his heel turn which happened the next week or maybe even that week during that later main event. I want to say he did something to make somebody lose but it wasn’t a heel turn until he verified it by doing again or doing a promo or something.

Tommy Rich is joined in progress in mid total blood immersion.  Phil Hickerson gets busted wide open but- unlike Tommy Rich- he isn't wearing a white shirt.  It's all about the presentation, folks.

• Like 3

That screencap is exactly where the pumping begins from the bleedhole on his mask

EDIT: Hey, remember this ad from the back of every issue of PWI or The Wrestler in the '90s? What match is the Tommy image from? 

L6LLHL1.jpg

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3

Tommy Rich and Steve Armstrong take a giant assbeating from Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden.  Steve Armstrong bleeds slightly more than Tommy Rich in this anomaly.

• Like 1

Not as gruesome as some of the other matches but the blood-covered chicken suit is a great visual.

I thought there was another El Pollo match that was even bloodier but I can't find it online.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2020 at 1:03 PM, DEAN said:

Eddie Gilbert wants to apologize to Tommy Rich.  He is very sorry.

If you squint it sorta looks like Bev Bevan finally got his hands on Jeff Lynne.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DEAN said:

It's all about the presentation, folks.

I agree, and there are many more subtle ways besides this popular obvious way. Sometimes when somebody is bleeding in a ring they just look like a pig in a slaughterhouse and you don’t want to look, not because it’s to gross (in which case we still look lol), but because it’s to dumb. Other times when somebody is bleeding in a ring they look like a freaking hero. 

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I was looking for this match today on YouTube.  So great!

• Like 1

You asked for it...

This is pretty much the Kanemura SMW deal without the big 'X'. Goto carves Nakamaki's arm up with glass and he screams in a disturbing manner. I had to log into Google to watch this, thankfully you don't! I'm here to help after all.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 5:52 PM, ka-to said:

I can't find any video online, but anyone that can get SamuraiTV can check out the 6/21 BJW. The post match features Sakuda pulling down his arm pad leading to a gusher of blood streaming from his arm which he then directs the stream into his own mouth. 

Found the video online at https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1tA411i72D?from=search&seid=6791425564918110303  

The match starts at 88 minutes in, the blood drinking at 106 minutes

Good lord, that baby mask that Abby Kobayashi is wearing is ten times more frightening than somebody drinking their own blood.

EDIT: Oh, I see, it was a mask of himself bald and sans beard. Still very creepy. He actually looks less like a giant baby now! 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

I feel like this is probably the best Tarzan Goto match for whatever that is worth? Mick Foley really was an amazing unique worker before flinging himself off of buildings and shit just ruined his body (and he does a couple crazy ass bumps here too). He's so good here, this unique garbage wrestling hurricane. He has all this insane big man bump shit, but was a good storyteller that elevates him past so many guys that got trapped in this style.  Goto isn't a slug here either and holds up his end, he was capable enough before his weight ballooned. but this is still Mick's show. Also, there's blood, though by the standards of this thread this is positively tame on that front. There's no other thread this really fits. But yes Cactus bleeds like a motherfucker too.  

• Like 3

Why was Fujinami there? And why did Manny sound exactly like Scott Steiner? Also, Wahoo's comments at the end were fucking cold. "We might finish it out back, maybe if I had a gun", "I don't want him beat, I want him dead!" Holy shit man. 

Goto probably had a better match in WAR but I remember that one as being awesome anyway. Time to watch again.

Atsushi Onita & Tarzan Goto vs. Masanobu Kurisu & Dragon Master (Kendo Nagasaki) 4/1/1990 (Texas Death Match) is very good indeed. More suitable for the Clubbering thread than this one, though...

(edit: Had a quick look and in fact Curt posted that match in the clubbering thread)!

Edited by gordi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Good lord, that baby mask that Abby Kobayashi is wearing is ten times more frightening than somebody drinking their own blood.

EDIT: Oh, I see, it was a mask of himself bald and sans beard. Still very creepy. He actually looks less like a giant baby now! 

If I chose to wrestle thusly, I would cover myself in honey and roll around in that poison glass and become the Ultimate Garbage Weapon Hedgehog, whilst maintaining social distancing, of course. This looks like a high budget South Jersey indy show. Nice repurposing of that already scary giant baby mask into some more personal AND more terrifying. I dig it all.

oh Japan, never change,

RAF

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gordi said:

I remember Atsushi Onita & Tarzan Goto vs. Masanobu Kurisu & Kendo Nagasaki 4/1/1990 (Texas Death Match) as being very good indeed.

Best Goto match is prolly Goto/Onita vs Tenryu/Hara from WAR.  But yeah that match is fucking awesome.

• Like 2