DVDVR Message Board

The End of CHIKARA

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

If you told me that Quack wrote those reviews on here back then I would believe you because that's exactly what they look like.

That's what intrigues me the most about these emails. They read like a combination of what I imagine a WWE agent's notes to Vince would look like, combined with Internet message board talk from that era. It really doesn't read at all as something that's coming from the head trainer and owner of the promotion.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Matt D said:

This is a bad take. This is a very bad take. It's an ill-timed take. I am sorry for this take, but...

Holy fuck is that Quack review ever absolutely fascinating. 

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

If you told me that Quack wrote those reviews on here back then I would believe you because that's exactly what they look like.

I was thinking the same thing, @Craig H

———

Being from Mn I really enjoyed the Arik Cannon/ NorthStar Express line of backwoods logic. Cannon spent a lot of time here and pretty much built a community that went from a few rows of seats to selling out First Ave. It’s very much big fish in a small pond, but I know casual fans in the Twin Cities that pretty much only go to F1rst Wrestling shows. He’s the Pabst Blue Ribbon drinkin, cool patch stitched jacket wearin Ace here with a lot of young talent around him. 

• Like 1

Glad Hydra isn't in the business anymore.  His online activity would get him absolutely buried.  The stuff the used to post on Raven Mack's old message board would be enough for him to get cancelled.

Order of the Neo Solar Temple with Mantis, Hydra and Bones was my jam for awhile. I wonder what Mantis thinks of all this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nate said:

Glad Hydra isn't in the business anymore.  His online activity would get him absolutely buried.  The stuff the used to post on Raven Mack's old message board would be enough for him to get cancelled.

What did Hydra do? Tried to google and couldn’t find info on this. 

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Order of the Neo Solar Temple with Mantis, Hydra and Bones was my jam for awhile. I wonder what Mantis thinks of all this.

Loved the Neo Solar Temple. I’d binge their promos. I loved how Mantis talked.

7-B5896-A6-5652-4-C3-B-9-CB0-EC1-F5-AEC9

He has a shirt you can preorder with “Love Cats Hate Sexism.” But his Twitter hasn’t been updated in a while. I’d love to hear his thoughts.

1 hour ago, OctopusCinema said:

What did Hydra do? Tried to google and couldn’t find info on this. 

Under his shoot name, he posted homophobic and racist slurs over on Mack's board, as well as one I used to admin with some friends who also happened to be online associates of Mack.  He also threatened Mack's first daughter with sexual assault.

This was years ago, so it probably isn't easy to find.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Thats interesting, because i did an interview with Mantis (where he was mostly in character) where he referred to Hydra either as a twink or his twink. 

Was this an audio or written interview? I’d love to see/ read it. 

9 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

In case you didn't see this in the other thread

A few months ago I mentioned someone in the Pittsburgh scene who was promoting naked pics on Twitter and would send them to people if they bought her things from her Amazon wishlist. She was posting "preview pics" and blocking people left and right for calling her out.  Quack mentions her in his statement by name.  She was going around telling people she would be working fulltime in Chikara and how much they loved her try out. Needless to say it didn't happen and she was one to accuse Quack.   I've heard dozens of stories about this girl from people I've known for years. She goes out with the guys after every indy show she's at.  It seems very strange that she wouldn't go to a dinner Quack had organized especially if other workers were going (she wouldn't be alone with him)  I have no clue about the other allegations with Quack, but there is definitely two sides to the story.