DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 13: Poirier vs. Hooker (6/27/2020) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

3 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Sean Woodson aka The Machinist version of Eric Spicely.

Catching up but holy shit this is killing me. Hahahaha.

Tanner Boser is a create-a-caveman hockey player. 

• Haha 1

Holy shit. That Mike Perry haircut straight outta '92. And that fucking post-fight interview. ? holy shit, he is out there doing his fucking taxes. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

Jesus. Two classic fights in as many weeks. That was fucking insane. 

That awkward looking straight left that Poirier would land over and over. He'd put himself right in the danger zone every time but he would usually land with so much power he'd have time to exit or adjust. So accurate and powerful. Full credit for Hooker for sticking in there again and taking a tonne of damage in back to back fights. This fight had everything but defense. 

2020 has been some year for fights. Zhang/Joanna, Emmett/Burgos, and Poirier/Hooker. Three of my favourite fights ever up there with the best of the past decade and beyond with Swanson/Choi, and some Gaethje fights including the Poirier one. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 3

Haven't seen the main yet, but I'm glad I took the time to peep the preliminaries. Lots' of fun finishes all night.

Gonna need an alert system for future Khama Worthy fights because that guy is fun.

"Calm" Kay Hansen was a blast to watch. That eyebrow was ugly and if it wasn't like that before she'll probably need to get used to that one splitting in the future.

That Boser KO, jesus so many punches on the way down. Could probably make some money in WWE as El Hijo Del Goon.

That D'Arce from Erosa was crazy to watch happen. But then Maurice Green did whatever the fuck he did later and made me forget about it. 

I would say I was happy to see some Japanese Representation on the show but we only had 48 seconds...:?

And Mike Perry. What is this dude's life? After that post fight interview it's clear he's the guy at the party you regret starting a conversation with. Him sitting in the corner with his girlfriend icing him may be the greatest gimmick ever tho. There's Undertaker and then there's Mike Perry catching his breath while his masked girlfriend says "good job baby."  

I wanna say the last time I saw Mickey Gall lose he was losing at what was supposed to be his advantage. I don't know what you do with that guy.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Reading the responses to that and I feel like at least half of twitter is bots. Do real people think and say such generic shit?

Facebook and IG prove you don't need bots to say generic shit. Your "friends" and family will.

7 hours ago, jaedmc said:

"Calm" Kay Hansen was a blast to watch. That eyebrow was ugly and if it wasn't like that before she'll probably need to get used to that one splitting in the future.

Not sure if it was related or not but she got cut pretty bad in an Invicta fight a year or two ago.  She literally painted the ring with blood in that fight; in terms of volume of blood, it was one of the worst I've ever seen.

On 6/28/2020 at 7:14 AM, Oyaji said:

Jesus. Two classic fights in as many weeks. That was fucking insane. 

That awkward looking straight left that Poirier would land over and over. He'd put himself right in the danger zone every time but he would usually land with so much power he'd have time to exit or adjust. So accurate and powerful. Full credit for Hooker for sticking in there again and taking a tonne of damage in back to back fights. This fight had everything but defense. 

2020 has been some year for fights. Zhang/Joanna, Emmett/Burgos, and Poirier/Hooker. Three of my favourite fights ever up there with the best of the past decade and beyond with Swanson/Choi, and some Gaethje fights including the Poirier one. 

Zhang-Jedrzejczyk is still my FOTY.

Poirier vs. Hooker was an outstanding main event. I just hope both guys are alright after that because they were throwing bombs at each other for five rounds. Poirier is usually always good about bouncing back after a tough loss. Plus he moved up to the bloodiest most competitive division in the sport after his run at heavyweight.

I'm taking the L on Mike Perry this time. That said, I think Mickey Gall was highly overestimated after picking up wins over the likes of CM Punk and Sage Northcutt. If anything, he probably got fast-tracked into the UFC too quickly. His record was 5-2 when he fought Diego Sanchez. Even a declining madman Diego is still Diego Sanchez.

• jaedmc unpinned this topic