DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 6/24/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I didn't pay much attention to Grimes/Priest.

Kross/Reed was fun while it lasted.

Kacy/Kayden vs. Dakota/Raquel was good fun. Dug how Kacy and Kayden kept double teaming Raquel. Was pleased to see Dakota throw her name out there as a challenger to Io. Hopefully she wins next week's match.

The stuff going on with Rhea, Aliyah, & Stone feels somewhat weird considering where Rhea was just last month placement wise, but it has been fun. I like that Aliyah knew how bad she fucked up immediately after that slap.

Triple threat was about what I expected and generally good overall, but I have trouble getting into Gargano and Finn half the time.

Anyone else find it odd that this is the week NXT won? The last few weeks NXT has been either the Charlotte show, or had Bailey and Sasha headlining, and came second to Dynamite. Then this week, Keith Lee moves numbers. It's almost as if people watch NXT to see new wrestlers getting pushed, instead of established main eventers.

• Like 1

I've been so used to AEW winning the weeks that I didn't notice first time around that NXT won. But good for them as I've been enjoying the first hour so far and the main event sounds worth checking out. 

I'm starting to really dig Cameron Grimes character, always loved his in ring.

I can watch Raquel Gonzalez toss around fools all day. She's such a n incredible big gal.

The more I see of Kross, the more I miss the old NXT crowd. Would have loved to see how they react.

Roderick Strong is the smartest cat in the whole roster! And I think that's how Dexter hugs/shows affection towards  people.

Triple Threat was a ton of fun. Lee was like Godzilla.

• Like 1

So I didn't check the main yet but I did like the episode.

Karrion is a good dude and while I get some don't like him I see huge things for the guy.  His match against Bronson was a lovely hoss battle that is well worth checking out.  And Scarlett is indeed quite a star for so many reasons.  From her looks (I know, I know) to the way she dives completely into this siren gimmick I can see why people may like her over Karrion.  But while they're good separate they're pretty damn amazing together.  Talk about an example of a couple having great on-air chemistry.  I also want to go back two weeks and I did like the hour glass presented to Cole.  One for Scarlett (pushing my luck but fuck it it's Friday) and another for the tapping of the plexiglass that actually created a pretty cool mood to close the show.

I also have been impressed by Raquel Gonzalez.  The "Big Momma Cool" gimmick works quite well and it actually feels like an organic fit considering how impressive she's been.  While I don't see a singles run for her yet a run with the tag titles would be pretty cool.  Especially since NXT teams don't win the women's tag titles it would make sense for her and Dakota to be the ones to do it.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 8:38 PM, AxB said:

Anyone else find it odd that this is the week NXT won? The last few weeks NXT has been either the Charlotte show, or had Bailey and Sasha headlining, and came second to Dynamite. Then this week, Keith Lee moves numbers. It's almost as if people watch NXT to see new wrestlers getting pushed, instead of established main eventers.

Sasha and Bayley won their timeslot in the main event, though.