DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 6/23/20 & 6/30/20

Solid showcase for the knockouts division on this show. Johnny Swinger was the highlight of the night, hilarious in his various segments. I'm down for Shamrock vs. the North. Love the D'Lo tease of bringing back Aces & Eights. Pretty good main event from Eddie and Fulton.

Results:

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 23, 2020

*Tasha Steelz (w/ Kiera Hogan) def. Nevaeh (w/ Havok) (6:09) via rollup with tights pulled.

*Deonna Purrazzo def. Alisha Edwards (2:49) via armbar submission. After the match, Jordynne Grace chased Deonna from the ring.

*Ken Shamrock vs. Josh Alexander was up but Alexander & Ethan Page attacked Shamrock during his entrance, beat him down and laid him out at ringside.

*Taya Valkyrie (w/ John E Bravo) def. Susie (8:10) after the Road to Valhalla. After the match, Taya continued to go after Susie until Kylie Rae made the save.

*Chris Bey, Johnny Swinger, & Rohit Raju def. Willie Mack & The Deaners (12:13) when Bey pinned Mack after the Beymasser

*Madman Fulton (w/ Ace Austin) def. Eddie Edwards (15:56) after the swinging flatliner. 

• Like 2

• DreamBroken changed the title to Impact Wrestling - 6/23/20 & 6/30/20

Solid matches with some fun buildup for Slammiversary this week. Another highlight night from Swinger on Locker Room Talk. Saying he had a thing for girls with heavy makeup then mentioning Aja Kong was classic. Had a feeling Sami would team with Shamrock. Nice promo from Dreamer. Kiera/Havok was a pretty good little match.

Results:

*Chris Bey (w/ Johnny Swinger) def. Suicide (8:01) with the Beymasser after Swinger pushed Suicide off the top rope.

*TJP & Fallah Bahh def. Reno Scum (Adam Thornstowe & Luster the Legend) (4:51) when Bahh pinned Thornstowe 

*The North came out for a promo, talking about beating up Ken Shamrock last week. Ethan Page talked about Shamrock not having any friends. Shamrock interrupted and came to fight. The lights flash and Sami Callihan appears to help Shamrock clear the North from the ring setting up a tag team titles match at Slammiversary.

*Moose def. Crazzy Steve (8:16) after the Spear. After the match, Moose continued to attack Steve until Tommy Dreamer came out with referees to back him off. Moose then laid out Dreamer as well. Afterwards, Dreamer cut a promo about Moose being so talented but wasting his talents.

*Kiera Hogan (w/ Tasha Steelz) def. Havok (w/ Nevaeh) (10:06) with a kick combo after hitting her with Havok's gas mask behind the ref's back.

*Madman Fulton (w/ Ace Austin) def. Trey via DQ (7:19) when Trey used a weapon. After the match, Trey beat down Fulton with a steel chair.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3

Trey doing the Rarely seen Babyface move of taking the DQ loss to get revenge by beating the shit out of the two Heels who jumped him twice backstage. 

The Funniest thing of the night was right as Reno Scum did the Nasty Boys' move Stargirl came back from commercial showing a PIT STOP sign. 

• Like 1

Josh and Madison shooting a home video to piece together the booking mess was a funny way to open the show.

Swinger is killing it as always.

Did Josh Alexander have a busted nose in the backstage segment with Scott D'Amore?

Loved Trey just saying fuck it at the end and getting his licks in. If a guy jumped you twice, all bets are off to me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Is the Beymasser that Crucifix flip thingie that Chris debuted on Twitter.

this is a springboard fameasser that he's been using to finish, Josh Mathews called it the Beymasser in his Impact debut but I don't think has acknowledged it since.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

No love for the tease at the very end?

Super Eric? I love the idea of EY returning, but I’d rather see him as Eric Young instead of that gimmick. Unless he’s returning to take on Moose. Then Super Eric could be fun.

“Frenchie Martin ain’t here to save you now” might be the line of the week.

I’ll be interested to see what they do with Swinger post-speaking out, they will clearly have to eliminate the “rizzats” talk and tone down the sexual innuendo a bit, but the character is so good they could just tweak it slightly and it will still work.

Ive never been Ethan Page’s biggest fan but he’s been really great since the North won the titles.

I binge watched Trailer Park Boys during lockdown and cant not see Tommy Dreamer as Julian.  Especially among all the Canadian accents on Impact.

• Like 1

I've been binge watching Impact, I really have enjoyed their show a lot more than AEW and WWE during this. Thinking I'll get Slammiversary.

If it's Super Eric returning to challenge Moose then I'm fine with it. He can revert to Eric Young right after. I'm hoping it's EC3 in the main event.

• Like 2