DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Who Dat Ninja! - 6/22/2020

Dolfan in NYC

This RAW was solid.  I like the ninjas,  I love Sasha/Bayley in these tags,   Asuka tapping Charlotte was great and I like what they are doing with MVP  

I hope Sasha vs. Asuka main events Extreme Rules.  Could be another classic.  

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
Yes, I know about the diving gif. The match was still excellent.
  • Like 1

Vikings/Profits was good stuff. Glad the feud is finally over and moving on. Dug the attack from Andrade & Garza along with the later interview with Charly. The eventual match with the Profits should be good.

Nattie/Liv was decent while it lasted. I don't dislike the Nattie/Lana pairing. The later scene with Liv and Ruby was interesting I guess. The two teaming up together would feel rather fast and slightly backwards, but at the same time it would give both more to do than they were before.

Charlotte/Asuka was solid, and it was good to see Asuka get a straight forward win.

I'm actually looking forward to Nia/Charlotte. Its good to see Charlotte finally getting a feud that isn't title focused.

IIconics vs. Boss n Hug Connection was pretty nice. Really looking forward to Asuka/Sasha. Hopefully we get a tag titles defense against Kabuki Warriors at some point.

Its nice to see Tozawa reward with something for this weird ass ninja gimmick. He has made it work well despite barely sneaking and just dishing out deliciously evil grins. Truth eventually trying to infiltrate the ninjas to get his title back should also just be fun.

I've been digging MVP trying to bring Apollo into the fold. Honestly, I would have preferred he succeed, but I'm good with Lashley eventually taking the belt off of Apollo

Ziggler & Roode for AJ seems like a shit trade, but both probably have more opportunities on Raw. Honestly, I would rather Ziggler just disappear an Roode get a shot at Drew.

The final segment with Seth was ok, but not a great final segment. I was happy that Dominic didn't randomly betray Rey. 

Thought this was solid show. Feels like they are trying to actually have story for most everyone right now while also keeping things moving at a good pace.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So, I'm guessing Vince finally saw Kill Bill.

If he did, Kairi Sane would have a new look. 

You know, Kairi swinging a giant mace at people might not be such a bad idea.

As for the show I watched most of it. Only really cared about Asuka vs. Charlotte and Bayley/Sasha vs. IIConics.. Of course they had to put an asterisk next to the first time Asuka finally beats Charlotte. It should have happened a couple years ago at Wrestlemania. But I guess the world needs a Charlotte/Nia nepotism feud. 

The women's tag title match was good. I thought The IIConics would win, but it didn't happen. I was sad we didn't get nearly enough Billie Kay trash talking during the match. She's the best one in the company with her snippy comments towards people during a match. The brand split has to be ending sometime this summer. If Sasha wins the RAW title it's gonna be the set up to merge the Women's title's

Biggest surprise of the night? Apparently Bobby Roode still is in the company.

I also thought for sure Ric Flair was going to eat a Big Show right hand right into a Flair Flop or with the way Randy was talking, he was gonna get an RKO. Despite his 37 turns, I still like The Big Show. Do I want to see him in a main event? No. But these occasion "I gotta teach someone a lesson" matches are a good for him.

Per Meltzer - Charlotte is having surgery hence the injury angle

The hope is that she will be back for Summerslam

He also stated it isn't a shoulder injury

I'm still only an hour into this but I kind of think they need to drop some of Angel Garza's promos for awhile.  I know it's character work but with all that's going on there's a level of cringe to it now.  That aside I did really love the Profits/Raiders tag match.

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I know it's character work but with all that's going on there's a level of cringe to it now

As long as they keep Angel and Charly being flirty with each other while Zelina stares daggers into Charly I'm good with them dropping everything thing else for now.

• Like 1