DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Sleaze: A Final Word

OSJ

I am not a Mod nor do I play one on TV, I retired from the position some years ago after banning all the jackwagons that irritated me. Anyway, the real Mods may opt to delete this or PM me telling me to shut my yap, whatever. I am dead tired of reading the nonsense in what is in danger of becoming the new Sleaze Thread.  

May I just suggest that anyone that wants to read more of this sort of thing, just Google "Wrestling Sleaze Thread" it's been archived in several places. BTW: I can say from first and second hand knowledge (stuff told me by people in the biz that would have no reason to lie about it) that about 50% of the stuff is for reals. Wrestling is no scummier than any other business, it's simply a matter of being under a more high-powered microscope. 

When you have a smaller more insular fanbase as does wrestling, information both true and false travels a lot quicker to the entire fanbase. You can be a professional baseball player and be a total piece of scum, but only those most rabid of fans will hear about it, the rest of the audience will just blissfully applaud your homeruns and batting average no matter how many times you beat your girlfriend senseless. In wrestling, one guy sends a dick pic to a fan, the whole world knows about it in 24 hrs. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Now lets talk about how Pete Dunne is the best wrestler in the world not named Tanahashi.

• Like 2

• jaedmc locked this topic

Thanks Burgandy for that post. It's important to hear those perspectives. I'm not locking this thread because of your post, which I think valuable - I wish it was in the other thread, but that's not your fault. I'm locking it because I locked the other thread and OSJ doesn't get special treatment just because he wants to have the final word on something.

• Like 2