DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I logged on to the F4W board to find context to a DZ post (lol) and the first thing at the top of the board is "link to support Sammy Guevara" (not so lol). 

I just want to thank this board for not being that. 

If someone had told me three months ago that Sammy Guevara would be getting more negative press than Sami Kallihan, I never would have believed it possible.

10 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I logged on to the F4W board to find context to a DZ post (lol) and the first thing at the top of the board is "link to support Sammy Guevara" (not so lol). 

I just want to thank this board for not being that. 

What kind of support are we talking about? Financial? Sammy would be unwise to accept that...

Do I really have to? 

Spoiler

startrek-picard-facepalm-700x341.jpg

FFS...

EDIT: Oh hey guess what, Moose actually is the Impact World Champion. Go figure.

EDIT II: But Tessa is also apparently World Champion too? Oh TNA, never change. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

27 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Do I really have to? 

Hide contents

startrek-picard-facepalm-700x341.jpg

FFS...

EDIT: Oh hey guess what, Moose actually is the Impact World Champion. Go figure.

EDIT II: But Tessa is also apparently World Champion too? Oh TNA, never change. 

Moose is the TNA world champion. He won a three way with Elgin and Hernandez on the Rebellion episodes of Impact (since they cancelled the ppv due to COVID). 

Tessa is the Impact Wrestling world champion, but she’s been stuck in Mexico, and unable to appear. 

So while it’s not a great look they have the excuse that Moose isn’t technically their world champion as it wasn’t a match sanctioned by anyone for the belt. He just brought it out with him that night, and declared himself champion.

• Haha 1

I mean, as far as Sammy Guevara goes, I'd always prefer someone talk about doing something shitty and then not doing it than the other way around, but you can't just say shit like that, either. Sasha was far classier than she needed to be, and I truly hope Sammy understands why that's unacceptable. 

6 minutes ago, just drew said:

I mean, as far as Sammy Guevara goes, I'd always prefer someone talk about doing something shitty and then not doing it than the other way around, but you can't just say shit like that, either. Sasha was far classier than she needed to be, and I truly hope Sammy understands why that's unacceptable. 

I'd like to agree with you, I really would; but if my sixty years on this mudball have taught me anything, it's that it is a very small step from thinking or talking about doing something awful to actually doing something awful. That doesn't mean that there aren't hundreds of guys like Mike Diana, with a sense of humor that could best be described as "odd", who would never in a million years harm anyone. But all it takes is one sick fuck in a 1000 to convert thought to action and then there we are...

• Like 2

Just now, OSJ said:

I'd like to agree with you, I really would; but if my sixty years on this mudball have taught me anything, it's that it is a very small step from thinking or talking about doing something awful to actually doing something awful. That doesn't mean that there aren't hundreds of guys like Mike Diana, with a sense of humor that could best be described as "odd", who would never in a million years harm anyone. But all it takes is one sick fuck in a 1000 to convert thought to action and then there we are...

I get that. And he shouldn't have said it. I think back to how dumb I was when I was twenty-two, and how lucky I am that social media wasn't a thing. AS someone who dealt with impulse control problems until my late twenties, I guess I feel a twinge of.. not sympathy, but... i dunno. It's hard for me to process. It really is. Like, I'm sure I said something at least that messed up as a twenty two year old kid. There should be consequences. I'm not saying there shouldn't be. But I'm not sure Sammy should go on the list of "giant pieces of shit" for all time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, just drew said:

I get that. And he shouldn't have said it. I think back to how dumb I was when I was twenty-two, and how lucky I am that social media wasn't a thing. AS someone who dealt with impulse control problems until my late twenties, I guess I feel a twinge of.. not sympathy, but... i dunno. It's hard for me to process. It really is. Like, I'm sure I said something at least that messed up as a twenty two year old kid. There should be consequences. I'm not saying there shouldn't be. But I'm not sure Sammy should go on the list of "giant pieces of shit" for all time. 

Good Lord! I don't even want to think about things I said at 32 let alone 22. Fortunately there was no such thing as the Internet when I was at my most obnoxious (despite what Rippa may say to the contrary). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

For further context, here's Aries from earlier today in what struck me as someone potentially looking to get ahead of a story:

I thought he was responding to the allegations last week that he made a wrestler’s girlfriend kiss his genitalia because the wrestler had the audacity to bring her to the locker room and he was the “leader” of said locker room.

But yeah, now it reads like he was getting ahead of any more stories that might come out (and did).

EDIT: It would seem that Mike Quackenbush and CHIKARA aren’t what they promote to be. Things like trainers purposely injuring trainees, making fun of the mentally handicapped, using power and influence to sleep with female trainees and fans, and a trainer at the WrestleFactory giving a trainee enough alcohol to take away their consent so they could sleep with them.

Edited by Casey

55 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

Moose is the TNA world champion. He won a three way with Elgin and Hernandez on the Rebellion episodes of Impact (since they cancelled the ppv due to COVID). 

Tessa is the Impact Wrestling world champion, but she’s been stuck in Mexico, and unable to appear. 

So while it’s not a great look they have the excuse that Moose isn’t technically their world champion as it wasn’t a match sanctioned by anyone for the belt. He just brought it out with him that night, and declared himself champion.

Thank you. Impact was on and they went from showing Moose with the belt to announcing Tessa having a match for it with no explanation. Wikipedia only lists four Impact belts: World, X Division, Tag, and Knockouts, so I had no idea what they were up to. So is there a difference between TNA World Champ and Impact Wrestling World Champ or are they the same belt? I'm still a little confused.

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Thank you. Impact was on and they went from showing Moose with the belt to announcing Tessa having a match for it with no explanation. Wikipedia only lists four Impact belts: World, X Division, Tag, and Knockouts, so I had no idea what they were up to. So is there a difference between TNA World Champ and Impact Wrestling World Champ or are they the same belt? I'm still a little confused.

It's TNA, every time I watch I wind up feeling like I drank a fifth of Scotch, something I haven't done in 32 years.

28 minutes ago, Casey said:

I thought he was responding to the allegations last week that he made a wrestler’s girlfriend kiss his genitalia because the wrestler had the audacity to bring her to the locker room and he was the “leader” of said locker room.

But yeah, now it reads like he was getting ahead of any more stories that might come out (and did).

EDIT: It would seem that Mike Quackenbush and CHIKARA aren’t what they promote to be. Things like trainers purposely injuring trainees, making fun of the mentally handicapped, using power and influence to sleep with female trainees and fans, and a trainer at the WrestleFactory giving a trainee enough alcohol to take away their consent so they could sleep with them.

If even 20% of what is now coming out is true, stick a fucking fork in Quack, he's done.

10 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

They’re two separate titles. The TNA title was supposed to return at their show on Mania Weekend, but that got cancelled.

Then at Rebellion Moose randomly showed up with it, and declared himself “champion”. He’s defended the belt I believe four times now, but it’s not been sanctioned (in storyline).

The Impact World title is still the primary belt, but it’s been off tv due to Tessa not being there. So it most likely will get taken off of her at Slammiversary in either the five way they’ve advertised (with who knows replacing Elgin) or a four way with Eddie, Ace Austin, and Trey. 

As someone that watches Impact weekly I hope I was able to clear that up a bit for you. But trust me it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me either.

• Like 1

As someone who is good friends with the person whose posting the CHIKARA stuff and helped her deal through the fucking bullshit that company put her through, shoutout to Joey Janela for trying to attack her character for doing so because she works for CZW now a days.

Like this isn't something that fits the main criteria here, but when the best friend you've ever had gets shots taken at her after she goes into her time going through hell in her life, I'm going to be fucking livid.

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Who are they discussing in those tweets?  I know Janela came out yesterday in a tweet saying "everything about Joey Ryan is true" is this a continuation of that?  Forgive me there is so much going on here it's hard to follow now. 

Basically, Wiggy used to work for CHIKARA as a podcast host. During that time she had a very bad experience with a wrestler that worked there named Kobold, who had multiple allegations against him in the last couple days and was fired from the company. Wiggy then added after that while it was a good start, that the company had other skeletons buried, and mentioned that she had heard from a few of the wrestlers that Quackenbush had been heard referring to her as "The Ratatiri". Kobold was in the Batiri, for reference.

Janela responded by asking Wiggy wasn't telling any stories about CZW and there allegations. Wiggy now runs a podcast for CZW. That led to that exchange, which I find super scummy, but as stated, I'm biased.

3 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Good grief, that's a deep cut.

I'm glad at least a couple of people got the reference.

• Like 2