DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

16 minutes ago, Hagan said:

A few queries and some thoughts: 

- I didn't see anything about Theory? What's the story there?

Spoiler

I used spoilers to give folks the choice if they want to view it. (Nothing NSFW as far as graphic imagery if you do choose to)

As frequently is the case with some of these posts - it is a little difficult to quite figure out what is going on from the way Twitter lumps everything together

That being said - as someone pointed out - just him asking for a 13 year old's snapchat is icky enough

• Like 2

Snapchat is yet another thing that should have never been invented, but props to people who screen capture shit on there to hold wrestlers and dopes like Chris D'Elia accountable for being creeps.

• Like 2

This is very much like what happened in Hollywood/#metoo where the second people start applauding someone for getting behind the movement or going at Twitter shitheads that person's name is attached to an allegation and then you just remember that it's pointless putting anyone on a pedestal.  

If they are putting real work and money where their mouth is that's awesome but still ...  we all grew up with actors or actresses or wrestlers or athletes being our heroes and often times they disappoint.  I just remember now we don't know any of them and who they are away from the screen or the field is likely not what you thought. 

44 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

No your point was clear, I was just hypothesizing. I mean we all know Chik-Fil-A does what they do but it's just crazy that your wife's boss is just as bad as corporate.

Yeah, that's the part that I don't think came out the best.  The manager at my wife's location is awesome and quite the wrestling fan himself.  He actually was going to get the Masters of the Universe ring that he saw one day at Walmart.  But when he checked the next day it was gone.  But he's cool.  Managers, co-workers, they're all pretty cool from what I see/hear.  I was referring to the corporate owner of all the Chick Fil A's that's shitty and would have an issue.  But I digress.

As for indy wrestling cutting out merch tables and whatnot I can see some doing that.  But considering how many are out there I don't see it as something that catches on.  Part of meeting at the merch table is having that interaction with a wrestler and if all is great then you end up liking them more.  Which in theory means supporting them more and/or buying more merch.  We so much lately see all the fucked up shit but I can think of countless times where we've had awesome interactions with wrestlers at merch tables.  And it's safe to say that we've liked them that much more because of it.  So long story short I can't see it happening across the board.

Now one thing that might be worth doing is trying to get security to get trained on things that might seem fishy on the chance they need to step in.  I mostly don't see them around and to me I never thought much of it.  But if some of the things that happen are in part due to what happens at the merch table then sure do something about it.

EDIT:  Just saw Sammy's apology.  I do sense the sincerity in his apology and he seemed to own up to it pretty well.  As long as Sasha accepted his apology (which it seemed she had) then I think he'll come out of this much better.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

I got you, @Peck.

Copied from the above link:

Spoiler

"The #speakingout movement has brought to light a number of new allegations of sexual assault against people in the wrestling industry, including me. These allegations of sexual assault should be taken seriously and be investigated. Every accuser has a right to be heard, but every person accused of such serious wrongdoing deserves the right to defend themselves.

Last week, Liz Savage accused me via Twitter posts of sexually assaulting her a decade ago. Liz and I were friends for a total of about five to seven years before and after the alleged assault. We first met at a wrestling show sometime between 2006 and 2008 when she was introduced to me as an independent wrestler.

I take Liz’s allegations seriously. The first time I became aware of her allegations was last week when she made them public. I take them so seriously that I voluntarily stepped down from my position as Vice President of Lightning One Inc. and its company, the National Wrestling Alliance, after learning of her allegations. I did so because they pre-date this position and I didn’t want to involve the men and women of the National Wrestling Alliance during this time.

I valued my friendship with Liz. I’m sorry that she feels that I somehow wronged her. However, the incident she described did not happen.

Liz is correct that she lived with me and my female roommate from mid-August 2010 until October 1, 2010. Liz is also correct that she shared a bed with me while she lived with me. She is again correct that nothing about our relationship was romantic or sexual. Often, as we went to bed, we would cuddle and spoon in a nonsexual way. (We also did so the few times we shared a bed prior to her living me with in 2010.)

As Liz correctly said, I never made a nonconsensual move on her during waking hours. However, her claim that I made a nonconsensual move on her while we shared a bed is false. I did not touch her in the way she claimed. I never touched her like that, and I never would have.

But Liz’s allegation of sexual assault is not the only portion of her Twitter posts where I feel compelled to correct the record.

In early August of 2010, Liz informed me that a friend of hers invited her out to Los Angeles to attend a show that I was not affiliated with. Ultimately, she stayed with me and my roommate starting in mid-August. Liz suggests that I did nothing to help her upon her arrival. But, as a friend, I offered her all the help I could. This includes taking her to an NWA Hollywood event on August 25th where I introduced her to those in charge. I was an unpaid producer at the time with the NWA, so I had no hiring or firing authority.

Liz also left out the fact of her relationship with my female roommate. While the roommate did not initially know Liz was coming, once Liz arrived, she treated Liz like a sister. She gave Liz food and clothing, and drove her to job interviews. They remained friends for years after Liz moved out. But, despite their relationship, the first time my then-roommate found out about these allegations was last week.

Liz claims that I kicked her out of my apartment because of the alleged incident. Actually, in an email I sent to her on September 24th, 2010, I informed her that my landlord stated that, per my lease, any guest staying longer than two weeks consecutively would need to be added to the lease. The landlord said they were willing to look the other way for the seven weeks Liz was with me and my roommate, but would not do so after October 1st. I offered her some of my frequent flyer miles if she wanted a flight home.

After Liz moved out of my apartment, she and I remained in contact over social media and email for a few years, even endorsing me on LinkedIn in 2013. During that time, she would occasionally email me about opportunities in the wrestling industry that I did what I could to help with.

The #speakingout movement is creating change in our industry. I wish Liz all the best in her career inside the ring and out. But I adamantly deny her allegations against me and could not let them go without providing these details about our friendship."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Aren't there other allegations about him PUBLISHED IN A FUCKING BOOK?

Are you talking his WWE firing or something else?

If you are talking the WWE stuff then this would go with that

EDIT - Okay its the same since I spaced Randazzo writing Ring of Hell

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

I understand it would somewhat gut the top of their roster, but fuck it. Give the belt to Moose. 

Wouldn’t that be troublesome considering his past too? I know it was years ago, but it’s why WWE didn’t hire him.

im british so i no 16 is legal here but a grown adult man doing that who be in his late 20s is still very very frowned upon..legal wise yes unless u go down the drunk 16 year old did she give consent route but thats hard

but still very creepy and troubling

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

Wouldn’t that be troublesome considering his past too? I know it was years ago, but it’s why WWE didn’t hire him.

Yeah, he was arrested for spousal abuse in 2009 and it's why he left football, I think.

Also, the 16 year old was drunk, and those arguing “16 is legal in the UK!” Should also know someone intoxicated cannot consent in the UK. So, yeah, that defense doesn’t look hot.

3 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

For those that don't remember, that's a 10th or 11th grader here in the states if you want to ruminate about how fucked up that is.

My first thought was “good job at admitting to fucking a high school sophmore”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MartyScurll/status/1275526538688180224

Marty Scrull with a “you somehow made the situation worse” style of apology.

Embedded for convenience:

Forget the "style of apology." That's not an apology at all. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 3