DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

25 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I remember Meltzer on WOR a year or so ago mentioned that after The Wrestler came out that he had a conversation with a prominent wrestler about how they didn't take it far enough in their depiction of how seedy and disgusting wrestling is because the random hookup in the bathroom would've been an underage girl if they were wanting to accurately depict wrestling, or wrestling from the territory days, I forget which (let's face it, wrestling then, now, and hopefully not forever). I sincerely doubt Jerry Lawler was the only one with a predilection for younger girls.

From what I understand, Grizzly Smith raped and impregnated Jake Roberts' mother when she was underage and I'm pretty sure it didn't affect him professionally or legally.

Edited by Infinit

20 minutes ago, Infinit said:

From what I understand, Grizzly Smith raped and impregnated Jake Roberts' mother when she was underage and I'm pretty sure it didn't affect him professionally or legally.

Sounds like a real piece of shit.

Accusations from Jake Roberts
Smith had a strained relationship with his son Aurelian, Jr. (Jake Roberts), which Roberts stated was partially the result of his father not informing his children of the scripted nature of professional wrestling.[16] In an interview on Jake "The Snake" Roberts: Pick Your Poison, a video released by World Wrestling Entertainment, Roberts stated that his father convinced the family that his injuries in the ring were real and wore a neck brace at home to sell a storyline. On the same video, Roberts also stated that he was conceived when his father, who was dating Roberts' grandmother, raped her 13-year-old daughter (this was also stated in the documentary Beyond the Mat, which Roberts was also featured in).[17] He said that the two were forced to marry against their wishes and that the resulting emotional trauma is responsible for Roberts' substance abuse and his sister's mental health problems. At age 18, his sister married a man 35 years older than she was; the man's ex-wife later kidnapped and killed Roberts' sister.[18][19]

Accusations from Rockin' Robin
In the DVD documentary, Old School with Rockin' Robin, Robin details how she was sexually abused by her father, beginning at age 6 or 7.[20]

Insane pedophelia and incest to boot.

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

I sense an Indy Sleazebag Dumpster Fire Thread coming on.

Lets see where the smoldering crater sits at the end of the night

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, D.Z said:

45 plus wrestlers and non wrestlers will be cancelled.

I am assuming that is in reference to this (at least somewhat)

It's hella funny just as I saw @EVA's reply up above, I was watching the WWF title match between HBK and DBS from IYH: Beware of Dog (aka God is the only thing that can shut down Vince McMahon) and Lawler's starts talking about accusations. Vince has the all time dagger when Lawler is clearly semi shooting about Vince sucking proverbial Shawn's dick at the time and not believing the (storyline) accusations.

Lawler: *going on and on and on" His own ex-partner said he only likes you if you're married.

Vince: I wouldn't give much validity to Marty Jannetty.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming that is in reference to this (at least somewhat)

https://twitter.com/ExposeWrestling. A few dozen or so indy wrestlers have been named today by multiple people as abusers. Seems like the stuff with Starr helped to push many to tell their stories about others. At least 4 NXT UK talent have been named, probably more than that, but I haven't looked through all of it.

22 minutes ago, Eivion said:

https://twitter.com/ExposeWrestling. A few dozen or so indy wrestlers have been named today by multiple people as abusers. Seems like the stuff with Starr helped to push many to tell their stories about others. At least 4 NXT UK talent have been named, probably more than that, but I haven't looked through all of it.

Oh I know all that - I just thought DZ might be referring to specific incident not all of them combined (since he had such a specific number)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh I know all that - I just thought DZ might be referring to specific incident not all of them combined (since he had such a specific number)

My first reading was some sort of Logan's Run age-based cancellation.

I'll be honest, if every skeezy person in wrestling is cancelled, we'll probably be down to an hour a week total.

• Like 2

Scrolled through that account and that's some pretty disgusting stuff. I'm glad that these victims are getting a chance to be heard. 

One thing tho. The rapists, the stalkers, the abusers, the pedos...fuck em. Round them up and shoot them into the sun. But I don't think "he hit on me/tried to get me to hook up (with no assault involved)" with an adult is in the same league. That's just a thought I had as I read through the stories.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Oh my fucking goodness. Jim and Stacy Cornette have now been accused and it's not pretty. I need eye bleach.

You mean this?

Jim cannot fire himself from his own podcast, can he?

• Thanks 1

If you follow Snowboiii on twitter, he seems to be retweeting every My Story post. The latest one is about Jim Cornette. A few people are also tweeting lists, but they seem to be copying other people's lists without checking exactly why certain names are on there (Marty Scurll, Jimmy Havoc), and then clogging the timeline so the actual allegations (if they exist) get buried.

Jordan Devlin is apparently a domestic abuser and Will Ospreay allegedly got someone blacklisted for accusing one of his friends of rape.