DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers are trash "Allegedly"

Kang

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I thought Allin was accused of sexual assault?

I went back and re-read them. The two accusations that go into detail describe mental and emotional abuse and the third that is a vague statement accuses him of sexual abuse, yes. It was archived, so I either missed it or forgot about it.

I have been told that he is a fucking weirdo (shock) that is abusive towards homeless people and people with addictions (paying them to demean themselves, for instance) but can also be a kind person. He's not one of those people who had a terribly tough upbringing from what I know, as his parents are wealthy and he lived in his car by choice to make it into the wrestling business. It doesn't shock me that he's been accused of abuse after hearing about how he treated those he didn't respect. I am disappointed that AEW hasn't really said or done much regarding Darby or Justin Roberts. Strange that the first (and in Roberts' case, the only) tweets aimed at both men were deleted. 

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I am disappointed that AEW hasn't really said or done much regarding Darby or Justin Roberts. Strange that the first (and in Roberts' case, the only) tweets aimed at both men were deleted. 

Small sidebar: I was re-watching a video detailing the fallout between Corny and Brian Zane made 7 months ago, and it had mentioned that Corny called Roberts a pedophile much to the chagrin of people (at the time). It's possible he was right all along.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So, does anyone here have any merch of any of the wrestlers that stories have come out about? I've got the Villain Club gold shirt, Bullet Club: Villain Enterprises, and the Bullet Club umbrella. Not to mention a plague doctor's mask. I was looking at my Marty shirts today, and while I don't see myself wearing them anytime soon, I don't think I'm going to get rid of them either.

I haven't been around much lately and haven't read this entire thread, but was there something that came out about Darby Allin? Yes, I'm asking because I also have a Darby shirt.

Just took stock of my collection, and even accounting for "they had to be accused of something in the course of #SpeakingOut, not previously" it didn't come out well:

For autographs, I had Austin Aries and Velveteen Dream (both at least as part of NXT posters from live events autographed by many of the people on the show), and 8X10s of Jack Swagger, Jack Gallagher, Lanny Poffo, Austin Theory,  and Joey Ryan. 

As far as T-shirts, I had two Marty Scurll shirts (his Elite shirt and his British Bootcamp shirt), Chase Owens's Bullet Club shirt, Bull Dempsey's Bull-Fit shirt, Will Ospreay's shirt from Hot Topic, Austin Aries's pink/black TNA shirt, Matt Riddle's first NXT shirt, Jack Swagger's 2010 shirt while WHC, and Velveteen Dream's first NXT shirt.

Luckily I have a large collection of both or this would really hurt.

I think Marty was the only one I have merch of. The Villain Club Gold shirt, a Too Sweet Woop Woop Villain Club shirt, and his shirt from The Elite animal bundle (brings that to two shirts I won't wear from that. I love Adam Page, but no way in hell I'm ever going to wear a t-shirt that says Hangman on it)

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As long as nothing comes out about Brodie Lee; Bullet Club; ELP; or LIJ, I should be ok with my shirts.

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer haven't performed since 2010 so I think you're okay there.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Small sidebar: I was re-watching a video detailing the fallout between Corny and Brian Zane made 7 months ago, and it had mentioned that Corny called Roberts a pedophile much to the chagrin of people (at the time). It's possible he was right all along.

Jim Cornette didn't call Roberts a pedophile.

#SpeakingOut has definitely claimed a few members of Corny's shitlist, but the remark about Roberts was just a throwaway off-color remark and it was clear it wasn't an accusation.

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

My wrestling merch list:  Bret Hart, John Cena, Daniel Bryan,  Kofi Kingston and Sasha Banks.  So far so good. 

Mine: Daniel Bryan, The Undertaker, Cesaro, Chris Jericho, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Kevin Owens and The New Day.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Kevin Owens once threw a rock at something when he was a kid. Like a car or old building. He says so in a shoot or his interview show or something like that. Get him!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Kevin Owens once threw a rock at something when he was a kid. Like a car or old building. He says so in a shoot or his interview show or something like that. Get him!

LOL he threw a coffee mug at a wall to make the Steve Austin "glass breaking" sound when playing with his toys.  I believe he said the mug didn't break and, instead, broke the drywall.  Fucking tremendous story.  Clearly the man hates coffee mugs and needs to be cancelled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

LOL he threw a coffee mug at a wall to make the Steve Austin "glass breaking" sound when playing with his toys.  I believe he said the mug didn't break and, instead, broke the drywall.  Fucking tremendous story.  Clearly the man hates coffee mugs and needs to be cancelled.

That's the one and here's the hilarious story told. NSFW:

The reaction to it is priceless.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So, does anyone here have any merch of any of the wrestlers that stories have come out about? I've got the Villain Club gold shirt, Bullet Club: Villain Enterprises, and the Bullet Club umbrella. Not to mention a plague doctor's mask. I was looking at my Marty shirts today, and while I don't see myself wearing them anytime soon, I don't think I'm going to get rid of them either.

I have We the Indie merch, but that's technically now considered Sugar Dunkerton stuff so is probably still OK. I also have a David Starr shirt I've never actually worn, and probably never will. And the Dangerous Queen shirt that isn't here yet might be problematic as well (apparently the designer (Craig Hall) was trying to groom underage girls online, although it seems like he may have failed to actually have sex with any of them).

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I haven't been around much lately and haven't read this entire thread, but was there something that came out about Darby Allin? Yes, I'm asking because I also have a Darby shirt.

Your plague doctor’s mask may come in handy. You should probably keep that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm currently wearing a PWG shirt that's my "around the house" shirt and is pretty much falling apart and due for replacement.  It's the only wrestling merch I own unless you count some dvds.  I think I'm in the clear unless we go by the "guilt by association" shit some dude here was pushing because Super Dragon or Excalibur haven't sent TWEETS publicly condemning Joey Ryan because apparently that's a thing.  ?

On the merch front I have Scurll's pre-Bullet Club shirt and the Elite one with the penguin.  One I wore a couple times and one my wife wore.  Let's just say they're in the pile of clothes to get rid of.  I also have a Velveteen Dream figure which felt great at the time considering he's a fairly local guy.  But I may as well part with that though I don't know how much people will want that if I try and sell it.